When you catch yourself thinking negatively...

Discussion in 'The Alley' started by Thomas Huxley, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

your sarcasm game needs practise.

and busta, if the words of my creator don't help me in negative situations, words of a mere mortal don't stand a chance.

:numaan:
    test
  2. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

thats coo'

to each his own.
    test
  3. Thomas Huxley

Thomas Huxley Well-Known Member

Your language generally lets you down when you talk about this but I'm starting to get you.

And all this 'just chose to think positive' repetition is just starting to sound like avoidance.
    test
  4. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

^^yes i am realizing i pick language that steers people away from what im actually trying to convey. I think its because i know what im trying to say and dont realize people have no idea so the language is confusing....

worrying about the past and/or present just ruins your now moment. Past is gone, future doesnt exist yet. Its not about not planning for things to go wrong its ok to do that, its about enjoying the right now and realizing you cant change the past, and that the future hasnt arrived and is hardly ever the way you worried things would be....

well basically this is the way i was taught, and this has been the case for me, although it took at least a year for it to start to take.

meditation teaches your brain to be a witness to your emotions. So because of that i have become more aware of my thoughts. Whenever i caught myself thinking of the worst case scenario(which was all the time, i was always fearing it) id stop myself or let go of that thought, then id come up with a mantra or self affirmation. Just as an example of one id say to myself "I got this, I WILL succeed" stuff like that. So basically id catch myself in my negative habits and just make it into a positive. Id repeat it in my head over and over....

took a while to become a habit, and i still fall back into the hole sometimes. But now i hardly ever think about worst case scenarios anymore and my positive outlook comes without effort. I have also began to submit to life. Just roll with it. Doesnt mean im not doing what i can to ensure i have happy times, im just not stressing over whats going to happen and ive stopped thinking about past pains and embarrassing things, and hard times, and all the shit that brings me down.
    test
  5. Caesar

Caesar Natural Aristocracy

Bust

You'd avoid a lot of confusion if you just called it what it essentially is: practicing humility.

Keyword in your post: submit.
    test
  6. Caesar

Caesar Natural Aristocracy

When you say 'happiness is a choice' - I picture a self-loathing yuppie putting on a fake smile and holding that mantra in their head.

What you're talking about is scaling back expectations.
    test
  7. Thomas Huxley

The blanket attitude of turning a negative into a positive just sounds childish and again - evasive if not simply bullshit.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  8. KingoftheTrill

KingoftheTrill I sell Cocaine and Cocaine Accessories

Whenever I'm negative I just switch hands when I crank it, but if that doesn't work I sit on my arm until it falls asleep and then try and have a vigorous wank pretending that it's someone else.
    test
  9. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

weed >>>
    test
  10. KingoftheTrill

Grow up and do coke like a real adult. Weed is so 1990's nigga.

Only 100% Peruvian crackhouses for me. Dis nose knows.
    test
  11. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

lol weed from the 1990's ain't shit compared to the weed now.

done yadda before but that shit ain't for me b
    test
  12. KingoftheTrill

You haven't lived life if you haven't snorted rails off of a strippers ass in an after-hours bar.

Just don't fuck up like I did and tell your girl you were reading to sick kids and then come back covered in stripper glitter.
    test
  13. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

Its about unnatatchment. Letting go. Not taking life personally.

fair enough, ive recently come to realize i hadnt been explaining it properly. I knew what i meant but wasnt conveying it. Probably still am not.

I read Deepak Chopra, Wayne Dyer, Swami Rama, Principles of buddhism, yogic philosophy, Eckhart Tolle, the tennents of my kung fu, even poetry by the great Rumi. These teaching are how i conquered and learned to manage my anxiety and depression and uplift my spirit.

I will just stop and suggest if anyone is interested in change to read some of their work with openness.

One thing i learned in kung fu that works fantastic with life is when you meet resistance then change and go around, betterthan trying to force your way through the resistance.....

my apologies to the alley for my misunderstanding.
    test
  14. antilluminati

antilluminati Well-Known Member

Key word is acceptance. Of the past, what is and what will be. It is what it is, stop fighting it.
    test
  15. Pyronoa Zoro

Pyronoa Zoro Demon Cutter

I don't. I accept and deal with it.

I'll probably give this thread a proper read later, but i'm sure i won't feel any different about my answer, unless i feel like elaborating.
    test
  16. Thomas Huxley

I wouldn't bother. Unless I hand hold these threads go no where.
    test
  17. Radium

Radium f k

we have brains to render objectively congruent facsimiles of reality to effectively max out a basic ecstasy seeking trait to the most ecstasy inducing state that can be achieved. therefore to do this brains must have a way to render things that block it from effectively maxing out to that state as tragedy and a way to reduce or neutralize it to continue

i think that in humans tragedy and ecstasy manifests as an engulfment and engulfment avoidance continuum where engulfment is used as way to reduce or neutralize tragedy to unblock and continue the basic urge to max out to more and more ecstasy by way of engulfment avoidance

re: engulfment and engulfment avoidance continuum

engulfment commences at 0:38

i think the sheer ubiquity of tragedy is what ultimately powers the engulfment and engulfment avoidance continuum. lacking tragedy would cause engulfment avoidance to max out uninterruptedly to more and more ecstasy vs cue a reset back to engulfment and its anxiolytic properties

thus, agency can be thought of as a constantly shifting set of coordinates in an engulfment and engulfment avoidance continuum which is powered by tragedy, where agents constantly shift from engulfment, to neutrality, to engulfment avoidance, based on the amount of tragedy that is randomly introduced

i think that paraphilic sexuality can be understood using the engulfment and engulfment avoidance continuum where a paraphilia, such as a furry costume, is used as a form of psuedo engulfment by a process of analogy to create the anxiolytic properties necessary to unblock and green light the ecstasy of sexuality

re: pseudo engulfment

[​IMG]

i think humans try to aggregate things and objects which have anxiolytic properties that are joined by a process of analogy to the ultimate anxiolytic: engulfment. cultures can be understood as aggregates of shared pseudo engulfment anxiolytics that are group sourced to enter shared engulfment avoidance states like music, art, comedy, and sports

re: thinking negatively

[​IMG]

hugo's room

using the engulfment and engulfment avoidance continuum thinking negatively can be understood as the brain rendering a tragedy which must cue the anxiolytic properties of engulfment or a pseudo engulfment analogue from your analogy matrix to continue to max out to more ecstasy

please now select or wait for analogue selecting technology to continue to max out to more ecstasy

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...bdee7a-f49a-11e2-a2f1-a7acf9bd5d3a_story.html

• +Rep +Rep x 3
    test
  18. Gh0stface

Gh0stface Member

werd
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  19. antilluminati

antilluminati Well-Known Member

My point in this matter is not your emotional capacity in real life. It is how you identify with your mental constructs and react emotionally to these fabrications, which do not actually happen in present reality and are self inflicted.

Your brain is a muscle and thoughts a product of exersizing this muscle, your self exists outside of this, it only confirms it's existence through thought, and thought is usually constantly confirming what you percieved before the thought came into existence. By trusting your perception you won't need the nagging mind when deep analysis isn't needed. And by knowing how to turn it off the ego won't control the self and send you into dark territories, which overanalysis and the ensuing selfdoubt will lead you to when not mastered. That's why people meditate, to switch of the ego. You don't need a lot of work to get there, only knowing the stillness is there and you don't need to look for it is enough, then stop focusing on your mind and gain stillness as the thought drowns in itself.
    test
  20. D-verse

D-verse No drama

let it be and think it out.

and

live healthy, good diet no sugar fast food bs, sleep enough, get some nature in, socialize, no drugs

ask yourself why do things sucks ? Then see what you need to do about it
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test