When Will You Take Ur Music Serious??

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by Dely, Nov 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nahmed

Nahmed Good Business

80% of this site has no business making albums and shouldn't attempt to make a business out it.

work on your skill, develop your own sound, perfect it, and don't listen to your friends that say you're good.
    test
  2. Dely

Dely In The Trap

wow i learned the hard way .. music is a longgggg ass process .. so i been out of school for goin on 3 years .. unfortunately im goin back next fall

what im sayin is .. those who have the talent .. why would not put together a small ep or some sort .. thats all that im sayin
    test
  3. swif

swif In a meeting with ya girl

im in college music has to be on teh backburner but i still manage to do alot. Nothing says you cant do it i have a strong pomotion team and promotor a very good publist and a strong group of influence people behind me with madd creditabilty so doing school and music at the same time is possible, and i just did the homecoming concert and still have my 3.79 GPA
    test
  4. Meta_Mayne

Meta_Mayne Sup my Niger?

I want to finish the rest of high school and get through college...IAR

At that same time, I'm building my knowledge on music theory(not just playin the piano... writing music, reading, learning how to write for different instruments) and saving up to build a temp studio.

By the time I finish with IAR, I will be ready to move into the next phase. I've always been serious abuot my music.
    test
  5. MossBurn

MossBurn Warbooks?!

music is my n 1# priority, this is all i got.

U'll never make it u put school on the back burner.

If u expect to make in the industry, u have to sleep eat and breath this shit.

Which i do,i been spittin for close to 7-8 years prolly.

Im to hung up in this music to quick now.

fuck droppin net tracks everyday and net albums.

u gotta be a hustla if u trying to make it.
    test
  6. E MoneyClips

E MoneyClips Follow Me @emiliomjunior

I went to IAR. It's a cool spot. You'll meet alot of people there.

I hate rap music. I just rap to be cool.
    test
  7. Dely

Dely In The Trap

this is what i was tryna say .. i dont agree what u said about school .. but these 2 lines is what i meant
    test
  8. Its Raw

Its Raw Vice Raw Ya'll

what?
    test
  9. Dely

Dely In The Trap

lol i was thinkin the same thing vice .. i was like wtf
    test
  10. Wargasms

Wargasms Neva 2 Old 2 Bust Rhymez

been saying this dely...about 1 outta every 4 threads i start is about people getting serious, connecting, stopping hating...and getting something done...the one time i had a conversation with you on aim, it was about that...even though we dont always get along, i respect your determination, and i can connect with you on that.

Man, some of yall are so fuckin talented...and really have no excuse for not doing something serious other than talking about what you are GOING to do and never get done.

I am getting shit done...and i dont have half the time or half the dreams that many of you have...i just love the music.

i rarely get a chance to even look at my mic, but every time i step into the room where my setup is, im getting something recorded. And lately it has been 90% with an objective in mind, of getting something official completed.

Theres different levels of drive and motivation, ive been through them all. I stopped writing and put down the mic for 5 years...and just picked it back up less than 2 years ago. I wanted to just see what people thought of my music,...then i got to the point i set a goal to make an impact on hiphop....no matter how big or small..i want to leave my impression.

i agree with Mesk...you gotta do some serious music before you can think serious projects...you cant drop trash albums...when youre not ready to drop an album.

but there are cats here...imma call out names.(nimrod, dzk two main examples...yall motherfuckers should be on at least your 2nd official release by now)....who talk, record frequently....make plans....and should have a whole catalogue of releases under their belts...but spend too much time worrying about this little small fragment of the internet to even get to the rest of the hiphop world.

i want to see yall succeed, whether i like you personally or not...its some good artist here that could add alot to the art.
    test
  11. Its Raw

Its Raw Vice Raw Ya'll

yea homeboy be sayin shit like "us" and half the time i dont even agree with him
    test
  12. Dely

Dely In The Trap

roflmao@raw .. that is raw lol

and yea@war .. thats the whole thing why i stopped my album and started doin the mixtapes .. i wasnt ready 2 do an album .. it was 90% finished, but it didnt have the sound i wanted .. so my mixtape is now finished and awaitin artwork
    test
  13. MossBurn

MossBurn Warbooks?!

Most cats on here is just satified with their net fan base.

Thats why they dont take their career to serious.

But they always complain about the wack cats in the game making.

Wondering how did they get their deal before them.
    test
  14. Meta_Mayne

Meta_Mayne Sup my Niger?

I got my application and everything ready. Only thing holding me back now, is high school...I should be finished by feb, next year.
    test
  15. Rickey Isreal

Rickey Isreal Braze Boogie

School is an important aspect and a hustle in its own right, depending on your aspirations. I just don't think/see someone trying to "make it" in Hip Hop and giving full dedication to college for however many years. True, I'm going to college, but Hip Hop comes first. My major in college revolves around the genre of music/writing so I can still dedicate myself to my music without another time consuming career to share it with.

I just wonder how "serious" some cats mean when they say "serious" or how elaborate "making it" can boil down to when they say "making it."

I can't agree with anything Salvdor said in his post either. Sounded kinda hollier-than-thou and too broad of a generalization to me.
    test
  16. MossBurn

MossBurn Warbooks?!

My definition of serious in music is.

Puttin all and every single thing to the side and focus on music.

music 1#
    test
  17. Its Raw

Its Raw Vice Raw Ya'll

me and the love of my life broke up over this music shit...if that aitn serious i dont know what is.... but on the real ...making an album is something serious and i plan to do that...but it will take time
    test
  18. Praverb

Praverb I breathe hip hop...

yeah I'm not ready skill wise until then I'll just sit back and laff
    test
  19. t-west

t-west Guest

Financial shit holds a lot of cats back...

The cats dat I can't stand are the ones with the home setups, studio time hook-ups, etc... and they neer do shit with it. Let it collect dust, etc...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.