When is the first 360 price drop expected?

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by Look im Gangsta, Jul 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

test
  2. Tigre

Tigre Ax Me About Ebonics

Microsoft said that it was a rumor. They said they don't plan to drop their prices.
    test
  3. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Microsoft feels that in light of the PS3 costing 600 dollars, their system is already a bargain. Dont expect a price drop anytime within the next year.
    The only way I can see them doing a price drop, is if Sony starts catching up in units.
    test
  4. Look im Gangsta

...which is hardly likely to happen given the price and the lack of any advancement on the 360.

Fuck it, I'll just get it on lay way.
    test
  5. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

No credit cards?
    test
  6. Esko

Esko Retired M O D

[funny] [funny]....what advancements is Sony making other than finally getting a service that MS has had for 4 years now and forcing the Blu-Ray technology on its customers....

oh, and its "special controller" which technology has been around for about 8-10 years....even back then it had rumble too....
    test
  7. V E R B

V E R B Guest

they probly drop it down right when ps3 comes out, just to cockblock more, cuz i dont think HALO3 gonna do it.

Ghost recon is waaaayyy better than any halo
    test
  8. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

They already said, exactly what I said, they are so confident in SONYS over pricing that they feel like if you walk in a store and see a 600 and 400 dollar system, which are nearly identical, you will be inclined to buy the 400 dollar system.
    The average consumer doesnt know or care about blue ray and alot of this high definition nonsense, especially the average parent buying for their kids. Add to the fact that GTA isnt SONY only, and it will launch on XBOX as well, they have every reason to believe their system will win the console war this round. However, they are doing HORRIBLE in Japan, Xbox360 aint caught on at all over there. So we shall see what happens, dont 'bank' on a price drop, pun intended ;)
    test
  9. Tigre

Tigre Ax Me About Ebonics

That is the damn truth about Japan. They fucking hate the Xbox, and with that, Sony will rake up. They will make their quota sells in the US when they launch, and get their quota in Japan as well as Europe. So Sony will not worry, cause even with the high price, ppl will still buy it.

For the simple fact of brand name marketing. It is like any other nut buying fucking 160 dollar Jordans. Fucking ppl I swear would pay almost 200 dollars for a pair of kicks but are outraged at 600 dollars for a entertainment system. Go fucking figure.
    test
  10. Look im Gangsta

The major problem facing Sony (other than having nothing inovative) is Xbox is the new Sega Genisis, the new Nintendo, the new Playstation.

Xbox has forced itself into pop culture. You know you're loosing the battle when parents call what ever system have an Xbox.

I used to have 3 Playstations (N64, PS2, Xbox) and now I have 3 Xboxs.

Sony need some magic beans. Unless Blu Ray is introduced as the new medium for movies they have absoultely nothing to offer and I don't see Blu Ray winning.
    test
  11. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

lolol. Ratiko lives in a retirement home,
    test
  12. Nitsuj™

Nitsuj™ We Are The Resistance

ps3 gon be retarded
    test
  13. Embassy Sweetz

Embassy Sweetz 360's thee-shit,-b

yeh OZ basically broke it down...they have absolutley no reason to drop the price...one MS rep said it perfect..." nothing we do will stop the 1st shipment of ps3's from selling out...we cud GIVE away xbox 360s and the ps3 wud STILL sell out" ...sonys brand is just too strong..and actually its the strongest brand name in the WORLD for the 7th straight year..over ford and GM and disney etc...

MS knows that the 1st shipment of ps3's will sell out...if the 1st shitpment of 360s sold out on the 1st day its dam near a given the same will happen to sony...

but MS is also bankin on shortages..which are inevitable with the ps3...

so while the U.S. may only get 1 million ps3's....the U.S will also get 5 million 360s...so all those cats that cudnt get a ps3..might get a 360 sitting right next to it with plenty in stock and dam near the game graphics and games.

MS is really fuckin smart..they know wat theyre doin

and Peter Moore made another good point..he said " for the price of a ps3 u can get a 360 AND a nintendo wii"..and i think alot of cats will agree...why buy one system for 600 when i can get TWO..???..so thats another smart marketing move...these dudes know wat they're doin

its gona be an interesting winter to see how this all plays out...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.