When did r&b officially fall off to you?

Discussion in 'The R&B Haven' started by Luxuria, Jun 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luxuria

Luxuria New Member

Now we had classic r&b from like the 60's to the mid 80's. Then we saw New Jack Swing in the late 80's/early 90's. Then we had the Boys II Men/En Vogue era which was immediately followed by my fave era in r&b (1996-2003) where we saw acts like Destiny's Child, Tamia, R Kelly, Aaliyah, Usher (When I was in 1st grade my mom was bumpin Usher. Kinda weird how I'm grown now, almost the age she was when she was bumpin him. LOL), 112, 3LW, J LO, Faith Evans, and damn I can go on and on.

I'd say R&B officially took a turn for the worst in 2004 after Usher dropped Confessions. At that point r&b was blending in with southern hiphop. The sould was being taken out of music more and more and come 2007 we are full circle where everyone sounds like Ne-Yo/Jeremiah/Trey SOngz and all they sing about is how much they can fuck so many girls. Not knockin the songs for being sexual.... but back in the day men made music to seduce women. The music out now isn't good for seduction at all. It's ,microwave/fast-food' sex music. And the female singers out now suck too. I loved Rihanna's Rated R album but all her songs are about how much she can get fucked. And Beyonce is just feminazi anthems.

Anyways. If I could pinpoint the EXACT moment r&b fell off I'd say it was after Confessions.

How about you?
    test
  2. IAmBenT

IAmBenT Eat a dick, faggot

fantastic post

Chris Brown has ruined R and B for me, personally.

The guy can dance, don't get me wrong. And he can kinda sing too.

The only redemption I see in R and B is Trey Songz. I think the days of the R and B crews is dead, i mean who is left with any clout, Pretty Ricky? And one of their dudes had to wear a red thong and dance on youtube just to get people to buy some damn records. you don't see justin beiber doing that. That would be like Joey Fatone of Nsync bellydancing on youtube to promote a single or something, they never had to do that shit.

R and B is gonna hafta come back through the ladies, cuz the guys side is just weak.

i kinda like rihanna but thats it? where the sisters at?? yal talking to me about KELLY ROWLAND? WHO!!??
    test
  3. That Nigga

That Nigga aka Hot Shyt

I'm assuming y'all are just talking about contemporary/pop artists so I'll leave this alone.
    test
  4. Knowledge

Knowledge 12 lbs with dick insert.

It fell off to me after;

[youtube]C_qWlPCEnGM[/youtube]

Shout out to hot shyt if he can remember this... :funny:
    test
  5. That Nigga

That Nigga aka Hot Shyt

i havent heard that in like 15 years, and never even knew who it sang it
    test
  6. poetry sound

poetry sound New Member

Unfortunately. Most main stream Rnb Artist can't sing. I really do miss the 90's. Best decade of Rnb.
    test
  7. That Nigga

That Nigga aka Hot Shyt

I cant stand when people bring up singers that can't sing.. EVERY generation has rnb stars that dont have the strongest voices.. Keith Sweat cant sing and Curtis Mayfield is terrible, yet they have hits.
    test
  8. That Nigga

That Nigga aka Hot Shyt

Anyways, Kindred the Family Soul, Jill Scott, and Anthony David all dropped some fire these past couple of months
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.