when determining the accuracy of ancient manuscripts

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by TheBigPayback, May 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

For instance, u dont argue the manuscripts of
    Cezars earliest writings found to be at about 900 ad and there are 10 original copies
    The New testiment written colaboratively between 60 diff authors over a span of 35 - 100 years and no other manuscript comes close with 24000 original copies 5500-6000+ of the old testiment. As well the originals were often quoted so much many priests knew the old testiment writings word for word from teaching it.
    test
  2. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

but did ceasar write about talking snakes?
    test
  3. TheBigPayback

Dont kno. Still believe God before the man tho. No matter what the subject may be. Did u ko:w the scribes were allowed only 3 mistakes throughout the entire 66 books handwritten letter for letter and had to put a line threw with the correction footnoted yet even if he was on the last verse of the last chapter in the bible if he forgot to cross a t or dot an i hed have to start over and could not leave until it fit that criteria
    test
  4. Norrin 6

Norrin 6 New Member

Appeal to popularity can't determine accuracy.

Fast food is healthy, just look at the size and popularity of McDonalds. If it wasn't healthy, no one would eat it.

No one smacks Christians in the face with Roman history saying if they don't get saved Nero will feed them to the lions.

So it's easy to see why Christians don't see any reason to argue for how stupid that sounds.

Except that Christians recorded they believed he was to return as the Anti-Christ,
    so maybe they were smacking each other in the face with that exact idea at one time. Stupid.
    test
  5. TheBigPayback

How does popularity fit anywhere in the bible. Cus at one time it was predominent. I was just explaining how many original copies we actually had survive. And its because of the accuracy and faithful work of the written record and careful preperation in terms of taking care of Gods word despite the numerous attempts to completely destroy every book they could. Its not popular to tell people they are sinners, and that their good works dont cancel out the bad. That theres a clearly defined way provided us to live, and that we arent just another random accidental spillover fron the big bang when every public school in America actually teaches unproven ideas as fact. I dont see it other than the will of God and the compassion of one soul to another to spread the gospel for any popularity its recieved throuhout its history.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.