When Blacks do it, is it racism or entertainment??!?

Discussion in 'Lipstick Gallery' started by BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum, May 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum aka Billy Shoreview

Always be sure you know who the hell you're talking about before you start assuming all I do is what you see.

Yehunati used to make the same mistake years ago. Presumed all I did was complain.

However, for the record, complaining or paying lipservice to something is very important to fixing the problem because it identifies it.

Without that, you cannot consolidate efforts to resolve a social issue. The exchange of ideas is very necessary at that point. However, do not make the mistake of presuming that when someone does this, they have not or do not back up their words because you don't know them, remember?
    test
  2. Dark_Sun

Dark_Sun Phantom of the Forums

I know I don't know you and you very well might be actually doing something positive other than just running off at the mouth. I just thought I would throw out the fact that most people only talk about what needs to be done without actually doing anything. Just like it is stupid to complain about the dumb ass president that we have and you didn't vote. The fucked up part is that it seems that more people did vote this last election but Bush still manage to cheat his dumb ass back into office. That goes to show that even though us as black people might have good intentions we are still subject to unfair circumstances due to the corrupt government and politicians that are supposedly elected into office for the good of everyone.
    test
  3. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

1. I have never used the N-word casually. I have used it to make a point or when speaking of the N-word and I posted a rappers lyrics once in which the N-word was all through it and pointed out that nobody was complaining about the song . . . but I have never called you or any other black man/woman the N-word.

2. I did not make the song for you. You have never smoked weed. Hell, you've probably never even smoked a square. Most black guys who listen to Hip Hop do however smoke weed (or at least have). That is a fact that even you will not try to ignore. It is a reality. You may not like that it is a reality, but that doesn't change the fact that it is. In the song I was making the point, "What would it take for you to listen to me? Do I have to paint myself black? Do I have to smoke weed? What do I gotta do to get the message to you? Let me know and I'll do it . . . the message needs to get to you." That's why I continued by saying, "I am you, a light skinned version of you, an off-white version of you." Unfortunately you listened for what you wanted to hear and not for what you did hear and ever since then we've been at each other. I am biased, but it certainly isn't toward black people. It's white people who make me uncomfortable.

3. My assumption that you do nothing for the inner city was 5 or 6 years ago and it was made because I did not know you. It was an ignorant statement, not a racist one.

The fact is, you liked the song Walk With Me enough to borrow the line and incorporate it into one of your songs. You can accuse me of not delivering my point properly, but saying that Black men smoke weed is racist, is just silly. Especially when all the black people I knew at that point in my life smoked weed, all of the black people in music were telling the world that they smoked weed, and even hollywood actors were getting busted for carrying weed on an airplane.
    If you don't like the stereotype, look no further than black people. Stereotypes don't just appear out of thin air, you know.

But, none of that holds an ounce of weight in this thread. All of those are from at least four years ago. You're reaching and you know it. You're reaching for one reason and one reason alone. You do not have it in you to admit when you are in the wrong toward somebody that you have beefed with for years. Your pride won't allow you to admit that you, even you, are capable of saying racist statements without realizing it. Does that make you a racist? I don't believe it does. But, what you said was racist, in this thread.

I have no problem admitting that I have said racist things in the past. In the mindframe that I was living then I didn't view them as racist. I didn't perceive the racism in some of my statements. I do now and I am a man enough to admit, because I am a much different man than I was then, that I was wrong back then.
    I was wrong and I was in the wrong.

You were wrong in this thread and you are still in the wrong because you won't admit it.

It is a difficult thing to do. It's hard to admit that you have spread racism when you are so adamantly against it (which we both know you are). It is hard to admit that you are capable of adding to the problem that you are trying so hard to put a stop to. But we are only human.
    test
  4. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

And you did do it, Nis. You did it in this thread and you know you did. In your heart you know that you did and it means nothing to me one way or another whether you will admit it. I know that you are a man of God. A man who believes in Christ. All of our beef aside, I see you and I know that deep down inside you know that what you said was racist and you did exactly what you are saying you did not do.

I don't need your apology and I know that you likely would never apologize to me even if I did. That's cool. But, as a man of God, admit it to yourself and do whatever it is you do to repent for both doing it and denying that you did it. If you want to fight the racism in others you have to be able to recognize when it is present in you. If you can't, it's not really the racism you're fighting. It's the people.
    test
  5. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

A man/woman should be judged on their intentions and corrected on their approach. That is my intention with these responses (I want that to be clear).
    I know where your heart is. I've known that for a long time. You and I have struggled with understanding one another for several reasons. One of the main reasons is that we have different approaches. Our goal is the same though. That should always be remembered when we discuss anything. We seek the same end result. We should both be correcting one another if our approach is wrong by reflecting what we see, but we cannot overlook that we are seeking the same objective. If we can't do that, how can either of us hope to get others to do it?
    test
  6. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

If it's 'racist' for whites, then it's 'racist' for blacks.

End of story.
    test
  7. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

Aiight, aiight. We together on that one.
    test
  8. Dark_Sun

Dark_Sun Phantom of the Forums

See I'm not as bad as you think. All in all I am on your side as far as wanting to see things change but sometimes you have to be realistic about what is under our control that we can use to see "change" but it is obvious there is little that we can do to see some change anytime soon. But there might be an opportunity in the future much like during the times where the civil rights movement was effective in forcing the government to change for the better of all races and not just for a select few. And unfortunately it might take a sequence of radically racist tradgedies to gain the momentum to a point that the people who do speak out against the racism are heard by larger forces who will have no choice but to acknowledge it. It happens everywhere, everyday and perhaps that it has become so common place that even we as black people have gotten used to it and accepted the fact that little to no change is to be expected.
    test
  9. variyo

variyo New Member

negro pirobo

fvbdv
    test
  10. variyo

variyo New Member

fvsfsd

dfvsdvf
    test
  11. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

Your believing this is where the tradgedy of you resides...

You really don't think you adn/or I can change things now.

"I never thought I'd see the day where blacks and whites could go to the same school." My grandmother said this 10 years ago. She never thought she could see it in her life, but she did. We will never see another era exactly like the Civil Rights era, however we will see eras equally charged with change. We are staring into the high likelihood of either a black or female president of the free world. That is change. It is because of civil rights that such change can occur today, and it will be because of that change (i.e. not a white male paternalistic ideology at the head of a pending arms race) that we will see future change and innovation for the better. Beyond that, we have a situation in this country where for the first time since the settlers first arrived, whites will be one of many minorities wherein we likely have no majority.

The inevitable is bound to happen. As activists, we can be a part of it, or as complacent posers, we can just be surprised when the activists really make it happen...
    test
  12. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

Eh?

Are some countries in Africa not members of the "Free World"?
    Finland had (may still have) a female president.
    The Philippines had a female president while we lived there.
    African nations have Black presidents.

America is not the "Free World" . . . it's just one country.
    The president of America is not the president of the "Free World."
    They are just the president of America.

And joining black people with Hillary Clinton just because she's a woman?
    That braud does not have your interests in mind. Trust me.
    test
  13. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

1. The President of the USA is always seemingly referred to as the leader of the free world. Idunno why, youdunno why, but so it goes. Soon, either a black person or a female likely will be that leader.

2. The point is not that somehow Hillary will have my best interest at heart (though it can't possibly be worse than the CURRENT leader...), the issue I put forth is instead that the mere fact she is not a white male is an indication of extremely significant social change; possibly the most visible one in this country since the civil rights movement.
    test
  14. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

Hillary, unfortunately.
    I've been saying that she would be president in 2008 since 2001.
    The President is little more than a mouthpiece and an in-between man/woman for the corporate elite. It's been that way since Reagan.

When was the last time that this country had a president who wasn't either a Democrat or a Republican? It is an illusion that frankly I'm shocked you actually play into.

Democrats / Replublicans = Two sides to one coin
    Where are the other options in this "so called" Free Country?
    Europe has numerous other options.
    And it isn't "winner takes all" over there.

The only people who consider the United States President the "leader of the free world" or refer to him in that way are U.S. Poloticians and Corporate Elite or the United States Media. That is little more than the arrogance of America.
    test
  15. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

What you don't seem to realize (I don't know how, with your education) is that Bush is not doing a bad job. Bush is doing exactly what he was placed in office to do. Bush is expanding the reach of Capitalism. That's what he was placed in office to do and that is exactly what he is doing. Democrats play it like they didn't know that was the purpose of Bush sending us into war, but that's bullshit.

The United States as a Nation is like Barnum Bailey's Circus. There are loopy mirrors set up everywhere in the media to distort what is really happening, politicians are actors who get up in front of the people and play characters and parts for the people, the people cheer for specific actors and the rich elite gain more control and more power.

Have you ever been to Midevil Times in Los Angeles?
    It's kinda like that. The United States citizens are watching from their televisions and from U.S. News Stations. The blue team is the Democrats and the red team are the Republicans and they do battle in front of the people who cheer and vote and eat and are entertained . . . the people have forgotten that what they are watching is staged. They have forgotten that it is not real and that it was decided before the battle even began who would win this time around.

Obama will take a loss to Hillary and he will do it with such "integrity" and "class" that the whole country will say, "WOW!!! I wish we had voted for him!" Him and Hillary will hug and jerk each other off (yes, I believe its possible that she has a penis) and she'll do her term and then Obama will replace her. It is all a game and the people voting is irrelevant. Up until the last election the Media was able to sway the votes of the people in the direction that the win was supposed to go. The last election people didn't vote for Bush and yet he still became president? Why? Because it was already decided by the people who put presidents in office and they just had to figure out a way of working around the votes, so they threw a shitload of votes out and oila "BUSH WINS AGAIN!" and the rest of the world is saying, "What the fuck!? What's wrong with Americans?"

It's all a circus act and it will continue until people wake up and demand more from our government. Some say that the government should be able to limit capital reach, but they can't because people wanted the United States Government to be limited in its power. You can't have it both ways. It doesn't matter whether you choose to empower the government or empower the corporations, those who want the power will work with the system in power and find ways to harness it. Our government is a puppet goverment. Laws can get passed so long as those said laws do not interfere with the money that the extremely rich are making. That is why Black people are not being shown in the media as anything other than animals and no matter how much Oprah and Cosby try to change that, it will not change until Black people learn to make it beneficial for the corporate elite to portray them as more than an animal. So long as Black people continue to buy music about black killing each other and clothes that are "black" or this or that, Black people will be portrayed as that. That's how Capitalism works.

Money talks. Money moves things in this world. If you want something done in this country, you have to have money and a whole lot of it. Votes don't mean shit and presidents who get in the way of the corporate elite will wind up assassinated. It's chess, not checkers.

Don't be shocked if Hillary chooses Obama to be her Vice President after she "beats him" . . . just to display the "Democratic Unity" and "Concern for this country."
    test
  16. Mellow Madness

Mellow Madness aKa sTaTiK

One Word:

Contradiction
    test
  17. DaAlmightyDolla

DaAlmightyDolla Greatness

i can honestly say im not 1 who likes 2 talk, listen or read about politics however i did enjoy reading the thoughts(right or wrong as they might be) in this thread
    test
  18. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

Yeah, I'm not gonna argue with you about politics, you should know better. If you post more than a paragraph, I don't read it, especially if you start off like this here.

My point is simple: a black or female president is something very new for this country and anyone would be better than bush from my vantage point. Bush is doing a god awful job, but not for the reasons the masses think he is. The real reasons he is doing a god awful job are only just now coming to the light but those in the know or who even paid attention realized such issues years and years ago.

I have ears in high places. Y'all really ain't finna be happy in the months to come...
    test
  19. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

I understand your point but what I'm saying to you is that what you see as Bush's failures are not actually failures for Bush. Bush is doing a great job . . . for Bush and those who pull Bush's strings.

[funny]

You don't have ears anywhere. They are not "your" ears.
    test
  20. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

You have homo tendencies.

I ain't sayin' you gay or nothing, but you have them lol.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.