When Blacks do it, is it racism or entertainment??!?

Discussion in 'Lipstick Gallery' started by BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum, May 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum aka Billy Shoreview

2 Questions:

Are YOU black?

and

How am I not black, in your opinion?

The rest of your buuushit is just what me and my boy were talking about last night: our youth seem to think being a nucka is part of our heritage and wanting to not be associated with that word is "forgetting where we came from"; no it's not. That wasn't us who labelled us like that. If you want to remember where we came from, why do you stop at the generation last to be part of the ghetto or last to be "nuckas"? Go back further to Africa, go back further to precolonialism. Generally speaking, that was not that long ago. Why do you stop at the lowest possible point?

Oh, that's right. Tha's what Nuckas do...
    test
  2. Mike Sullivan

Mike Sullivan New Member

lol i think everybody is racist.

no really, i do.
    test
  3. Dark_Sun

Dark_Sun Phantom of the Forums

Click on the link on my sig to answer your question about me being black...
    And for the second time I was talking about the dude that was posted in the video.

This argument can go in all kinds of directions but the common denominator is not that we have different approaches to what we may concisider to be a solution to end racism but the fact that no matter what we do or say, racism will still be an issue so why try to act like there is a fail safe way to recondition how black people think about sensitive behavior or language that has a different meaning today than it did back in the days of slavery? I agree with you that there is a problem in the black community as a result of racism but I just have a different opinion about it in general. That doesn't mean that I care any more or less than you do about racism going away altogether for all races so just because I seem to be more in control over my perception about my place in society doesn't mean that I wanted things to be this way for us black adults and children. I tend to use the stereotypes and misconceptions about people that fit my profile to my advantage.
    test
  4. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

Soultan, could you pay a visit to the Racism Test thread that I posted in the Alley? It is a test that was created by Harvard Professors (if I'm not mistaken). I'm curious to what your results will be.
    test
  5. Mike Sullivan

Mike Sullivan New Member

i took it, mines said this...

"Your data suggest little to no automatic preference between European American and African American"
    test
  6. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

I like MY racism test better: seven years of saying "I've got fifty on whomever finds a racist statement I've made on here" and no one being able to do it.

"Oh, but you're just gonna deny it!" meanwhile, no one ever backs up that guy. [dunno]
    test
  7. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

I wasn't saying that you're racist. I actually expected you to get no preference.

I don't think you're racist, but I do think you are very racial.
    Oh, I did quite a bit of research on the whole Jesus dicussion we had a long time ago and found some interesting historical facts.

Have you ever heard of Yeshua Ben Pandira?
    The guy "historically" fits the description of the Jesus in the Bible and is the only "historical" man who does. His father was a Syrian Roman Centurian of about 20 years old and his mother was a 15 year old Jewish girl named Mariam who was betrothed to a man named Yosef. She became pregnant by the Roman Centurian and Yosef wanted to have her stoned but Pandira intervened and so Mariam was simply kicked out of his home and was sent to live with her cousin Elizabeth who lived in Nazareth and had a son named Yohanan (John).

If this is accurate then Jesus would not have been black or white. He would have been Syrian and Jewish which means his skin would have been light or olive toned.

Just wondered what you thought of that because we had a huge debate several years back about the color of his skin. I said that he was neither white nor black and you said that he was Afro-Semitic. If the Biblical Jesus were accurate and Yeshua were from the line of David then yes, he would be Afro-Semitic, but according to the Bible and History, Yosef was not his blood father which means the geneology of Jesus in Matthew and Luke is irrelevant and also means that Jesus could not have been Afro-Semitic.
    test
  8. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

White guilt has created a backlash of resentment, so therefore the mere mention of race makes the oppressors and those who identify with them uncomfortable. They ignore or deny institutional racism and feel that individual racism will go away if we simply don't talk about it.
    test
  9. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

Personally I don't think that the discussion is beneficial any longer. The lines of race and ethnic identity are becoming very blurry. For example: My father is Yehudi (a Jew by race and not by religion) and my mother is Cherokee and a great great great granddaughter of Yonaguska, the Chief of the Eastern Band Cherokee who refused to leave North Carolina.

According to the Cherokee view, I am Cherokee because my mother is Cherokee.
    According to the Ancient Hebrew view (which is really Egyptian), I am Hebrew because my father is a Hebrew (modern Judaism is maternal). So who am I to identify with? Am I Hebrew or am I Cherokee? Am I Semitic or am I Native American? And my family tree was kept pure all the way down until my parents came together . . .

But, the majority of people can't say the same. The majority of people, regardless of how they may look, are very mixed ethnically. This white/black division needs to stop. In America, if you have light skin you are considered white by most black people. But skinheads do not consider Jews to be white and they have made that clear on several occasions. Neither did this country's ex presidents and Hitler didn't even consider Jews human. To classify and confuse Jews with white racists is pretty damn ignorant, yet it continues. Why does it continue? Because people in this country continue to see things as white and black.

Correct the people and the people will correct their own actions.
    Fighting "for" Black is just as racist as fighting "for" White.
    The only difference is that Whites have been the oppressor and Blacks have been the oppressed. But, fighting "for" Black is racist because what do you classify Native Americans as in this split? Are they Black? Are they White? It all depends on what color their skin is. And Jews, Arabs, Asians, Spanish? Where do they go?
    The race subject is way beyond old.

The United States Government is led by Nazis/British Royalty who are running their funds through the Global Banks of Apostate Jews. Black people will never rise as "Black" people and the sooner they realize that, the better off they will be. It is like-minded people that you should be trying to connect with, not like-colored people.
    test
  10. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

The problem with the construct of race is that it's both useful and useless... it's been ingrained within our socio-political identities for so long that we've become hopelessly attached to it... it's like trying to get rid of social security.
    test
  11. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

Race is useful only in dividing.

Egypt was not even as divided as America on this subject.
    The Egyptians made peace with the Nubians who fought under Thutmosis III and afterward many of them were made into Generals and they were very highly respected for their combat abilities and survival instincts. The Nubians were black. The Ancient Egyptians were a bronze color. Pharaohs tooks Nubian and Hebrew wives. Akhenaten and Nefertiti were Egyptian and Hebrew.

The race issues in America have got to stop.
    The only way it is going to stop is if Black people are able to see beyond the issue.
    The Cherokee Nation today is promoting racial purification, but the majority of them are like 25% Cherokee and 75% white. The only people who can remain members in the nation are those who were on the enrollment lists, which is completele shit because the United States Government decided who could and who could not be on the list. The shit going on in the Cherokee Nation today is a disgrace and it has nothing to do with true Tsalagi and everything to do with the United States requiring it to gradually destroy the sovereign nation.

The race days are over.
    From now on the world will be divided between philosophies only.
    test
  12. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

Right. How dare blacks pay so much attention to the racism against them??!?

You's a fuckin' dumbass. Blacks didn't give a damn about the race issue until it started getting us enslaved and killed and descriminated against; the latter two still occuring way too much. That's like slappin' the shit out of a defenseless old woman and then blaming her for being upset that you slappin' the shit outta her! [dummy]
    test
  13. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

Who slapped you?

I'm not saying that Black folks shouldn't acknowledge the racism. But, if you are pro-black, you are racist. Being pro-black is the other extreme of being anti-black. You are making black significant and when you make the color significant you are overlooking the character of the person and associating with their skin color and outward appearance only.

Fuck pro-blackness, anti-blackness, pro-whiteness, anti-whiteness.

And me saying it is not like slappin this shit out of an old woman. I never slapped you or your ancestors and none of my ancestors did. This is why people think you are racist, Soultan. You make connections like this to people who do not have European roots. Why? Is it because my skin is white?

I'm the one saying pro-black is racist. I'm not European. So how does the "slapping an old lady" allegory apply?
    test
  14. Dark_Sun

Dark_Sun Phantom of the Forums

^For once I agree with him.

And I just realized that NisLaniF was the guy in the actual video that he posted so I feel stupid that I didn't catch on to that sooner! But that still doesn't change my opinion about society from a racial standpoint. Complaining about the way things are now and not doing anything proactive is stupid in my opinion. I hate when black people try to get other people in an uproar about racism and yet all they are doing is talking about it and not leading by example. For instance. I noticed in another thread NisLaniF appears to have a nice job and I'm sure he makes a decent living. But how often to you try to motivate black people in the hood to do something better with their lives and offer to help them in the right direction? It's one thing to voice your opinion on how some black people are acting like a bunch of niggas and how it makes our whole race look bad or whatever but if you don't get on their level and actually help them try to do better for their selves then you talking about it isn't doing anything to help change their lives for the better.
    test
  15. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

I don't think Nis realizes that when you associate a Hebrew/Cherokee with Racist European Americans and accuse them of the crimes that their family was subject to and not carrying out, simply because they have light skin . . . you are making a very racist accusation.

There is no way around that.
    Does that mean you are racist?
    I don't know . . . but it is a racist ass accusation.
    test
  16. D. MonEy25

D. MonEy25 Gifted With The Words

no. I guess I should have.
    test
  17. D. MonEy25

D. MonEy25 Gifted With The Words

Yeah but Mencia he makes fun of everybody. Whites, Blacks, Mexicans, Asians, Retards, Arabs.
    test
  18. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Nislanif, how come you didn't respond to any of my posts?

I dropped some gems, yo!
    test
  19. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

So do most of the black comedians that whites commonly complain about. Take a gander at comic view any given day or youtube it.
    test
  20. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

Oh, that would be horribly racist, you're right. That's why I've never done it.

You know my beef with you started with you saying "n*gger", then went to you assuming you were black like me because you drink and smoke weed too, and for doing exactly what the guy above you just did: assume I do nothing for the inner city...

Now let me go serve that fool right quick...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.