When a guy Drives a nice car....

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by VishTaphney, May 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

Hmmm, sure....at leastt say "she can put on a ugly ass outfit and not do her hair tos see how he reacts" because that's a WHOOOOOOOLE different situation. I was jokin talkin bout it to my homeboy and he was like "if she act coo, halfway to the spot, you should meet me and I'll be drivin ya good car and u can be like "oh I was just fuck'n around, this ain't my shit, here it goes right here" and hop in"
    test
  2. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

yes mongo, people who hav e nice cars get all the good pussy. and dont forget they also have huge monster cocks to go along with it. hmm how else can i boost your insecurities?
    test
  3. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

ya but your right about most people with nice cars thats like 90 percent true...they usually are in debt and spend so much showing off while living with their folks or in an apt.

Alot of rich people drive economy cars....thats basically how they got rich they dont spend foolishly.
    test
  4. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

See, this is why I love you.

Just like Melvin said in the movie Baby Boy... "guns and butter, baby... you dumb motherfuckers!"

Give me the "guns" (land, stocks, bonds, etc.)... then I'll buy the "butter" (cars, clothes, jewelry, etc) later with my leftovers.

I remember in college, most of my professors, whose avg salary was like 70-80K were the bummiest dressers and drove midrange vehicles... but they had nice houses and retirement stacked up.
    test
  5. R-Tistic

Same as my college and even when I was in high school....a lotta students always have better cars than the teachers/professors, even though their parents usually buy those cars for em in HS, but many teachers could care less about flossin because they know better. And many of those kids end up like dude in the "Wanksta" video...drivin the same "fly" car five years later, with not a single asset, and the car starts to go bad and they are stuck.

But that's America for you...I know so many of my homeboys in HS who would work JUST to fix their cars up since they didn't have to pay bills, versus saving that money up or investing it in some way. They would be like "If I work 20 hours a week this summer, I might make enough to get those rims...and if it's some left over, I am gonna get a lot more beat (sound system) and maybe put a kit on my car". And it's ALL because of the attention they get.
    test
  6. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

^Pussy is a strong motivator.
    test
  7. Anidawehi

Anidawehi "-----"

You're in Cali, bro.
    haha

I grew up out there.
    Those brauds are only good for one thing, and most of them aren't good at that.
    test
  8. tight-eyes

tight-eyes Such a F*cking Lady!

For real! The father of one of my mom's best friends is a wealthy black entrepreneur... he was featured in Black Enterprise Magazine as one of the wealthiest black business owners in the U.S. His daughter has bank, too, but you wouldn't know it by looking at her... she's not flashy or obsessed with bling. I mean, she has a fly ride and a beautiful home... but she doesn't wear a bunch of expensive jewelry other outward symbols of wealth. Mainly because she's smart and doesn't want to get jacked... lol.

I have friends caught up in that bling culture, though... they're struggling to pay their bills but dammit they have nice cars and they get to feel like the envy of all of their friends! Only I know better... I see the struggle... there ain't no way you should be worried about paying your light bill one day, and the next talking about how you're trying to get the new Range Rover.

I'm guilty of it to an extent myself (hey, I love Coach... sue me!)... but I try to keep a healthy perspective on what's important in the end - investments that are going to accrue interest and appreciate, rather than those that don't... shit, I'm trying to live/retire comfortably and leave something for my seeds when I go... possessing material things for my friends to admire isn't a priority for me.

sidenote: Ving Rhames could sooooooooo get it!
    test
  9. R-Tistic

Shiiit...maybe it's diff for black girls, but I've been goin to school in Fla where it's females from all around the country....and they are ALL the same. People always think CA girls are the most materialistic, but that's because of those damn valley and Hollywood girls. The middle class and college type girls are the same everywhere in the nation to me.
    test
  10. tight-eyes

You're right... my example was a bit over the top... I get a little "extra" sometimes when I'm trying to prove a point!
    test
  11. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

Mad chicks dig him... not hatin', but what's the appeal?

Right now, my "It" girl is Taraji Henson... why do you think I watch "Baby Boy" so much?? But she really increased my Jones for her after watching "Hustle & Flow"... god, I love her!!
    test
  12. skandelous_lala

skandelous_lala back from the dead

I'm not reading all this, but I don't give a shit about a car.
    Basically b/c it boils down to this... if you're caring about the car you're caring about the money. I don't really care about the money..as long as he isn't a bum or something.

But let's say I was going to care about the money..therefore caring about the car.
    Well there's a lot of men out there driving nice ass cars which they obviously spent all their money on b/c they live like shit. They have nothing else to show for themselves accept the ridiculous amount of money the put into their car.

A car is a mode of transportation. Gets you from point A to point B. As long as it does that..that's all that matters to me.
    test
  13. tight-eyes

He just looks like he could "handle" a woman. He's super masculine - his build, mannerisms and that deep voice are heavenly - but he seems hella laid back and down to earth, like he'd be a cool person to hang around.
    test
  14. tight-eyes

oh, and I love Taraji! She's a great actress... I can see why you'd like her.
    test
  15. MISSKEYdaQUEEN

MISSKEYdaQUEEN Watch the black panther..

Ving Rhames ...no

Larenz Tate..oh hell yes..

Taraji...no

Gabrielle Union....oh hell yes...
    test
  16. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

OK, I get it... I guess that butt scene in "Baby Boy" didn't hurt, either, huh?

My wife is afraid of him... she likes punk ass pretty boys, I guess that's why she chose me.. ha!
    test
  17. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

I see you like pretty boys, too... Gabrielle Union is old news, too overexposed... don't get me wrong, she'd still get it, but Taraji seems more down-to-earth... more "soulful"... Gabrielle seems kinda high-maintenance.
    test
  18. MISSKEYdaQUEEN

MISSKEYdaQUEEN Watch the black panther..

Nahh..I'm not entirely into pretty boys.....not even...but uh...I've loved Larenz Tate for a long time....since before menace even...and he wasn't pretty then was he??
    lol
    But I've always liked Gabrielle...she's won me over in interviews too soo....Taraji seems so one dimensional. But I won't etch that in stone. She may prove me wrong!
    test
  19. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

Gabrielle does have a confident, self-assured vibe about her... and maybe she's really not that high-maintenance, it could be her characters that are skewing my view... I don't think she's as messed up as Halle Berry, but I could be wrong on that, too... she could still be traumatized by being raped when she was in college.

I've never seen Taraji in interviews... granted, her characters have been one-dimensional, but she won me over in "Hustle & Flow"... she was sooo sweet. I think she's just paying her dues and is probably seeking that "breakout" role to really put her on top... it's hard out there for black actresses... and I don't know if Hollywood considers her to be a "classic beauty" enough for leading lady roles. Halle had to pay her dues as well.
    test
  20. R-Tistic

To me, Gab Union acts the exact same way in every movie she's in. She's decent as an actor, but nothing special to me...I can't see her playing a convincing role as a victim or someone who went through something dramatic.She's still sexy as hell though.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.