???? Wheels/Rims

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by Yu Ling, Sep 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yu Ling

Yu Ling P T S

I'm about to spend close to, but under 1000 on rims for my integra... so keeping the price range in mind i'm not looking for WHAT to buy really, i just would like to know if there's anything i need to know before buying rims like the difference between "racing" and "street" wheels... is there really a big difference? of course i'm no major tuner or racer, this is my everyday car. SOOOOO basically what i want to know is if there are any common misunderstandings about rims that people make when buying them and end up wasting money...
    test
  2. Tigre

Tigre Ax Me About Ebonics

Well the biggest difference comes when you buy chrome... cause you have cheap ass shit and quality made. I mean the same can be said about racing rims and what not, but not as much as chrome.

Alot can deal with the company. Usually with racing/show rims, the more they are the better the quality is.
    The best would be forged rims cause they are light and the quality can't be beat. Strong as hell and gives confidence when driving on shitty streets. So racing wheels are going to be light and strong, whereas street wheels are focused on just being strong.

The biggest misunderstandings usually come when you are spending alot of money. Which involves getting like 2 piece and 3 piece wheels. Another big one is when dealing with the offset.
    test
  3. De'yon

De'yon Hustle Payper On the Beat

you should realy get your wheels from a good wheel shop or trusted website..

I always see guys with really nice realy expensive wheels but hae the wrong offset so they end up with half the wheels sticking out...

but the worst thing is when the offset is off just a so every time you hit a bump your finders gind the sidewall of your tires(mokes the tires look horrible)
    test
  4. Yu Ling

Yu Ling P T S

thanks for the replies you two

so... everyone tells me, even you guys, about the offset issue, how would i go about finding out the info of the offset of my car? (please excuse me if i sound like a fucking moron, because when it comes to this i pretty much am) and what are trusted websites in your opinion?
    test
  5. Tigre

Tigre Ax Me About Ebonics

I would say for websites... umm tirerack.com is a very trusted site for rims and tires. They also should know exactly what your offset on your car is. If not you could call the dealership they should know as well. I would suggest staying away from wheelmax.com. From my experience and about 70% of what i hear is nothing but horrible shit. They suck at customer service and they sometimes send fucked up rims. They are a nightmare quite a bit of times
    test
  6. Yu Ling

Yu Ling P T S

thanks... yeah i was liking tirerack.com, looks like a very professional website.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.