whats your take on creatine?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Ben Official, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

just curious.

i used to take it and added a lot of water weight, but then i stopped taking creatine for awhile a couple years ago, keeping all other things the same, and i lost about 7 pounds at the time (this was 1 1/2 years ago). i've gained it all back without creatine since then.

i have about 5 weeks to gain 9.9 pounds, and i think i can do it without the creatine, but i'm just curious what you guys think about it. i dont think i'll start it again, because its one of those things where you have to keep taking it to keep the effects. once you stop taking creatine, you lose all the water weight you gained from it. so i'd rather not spend the money.
    test
  2. macmilimeterhyms

macmilimeterhyms Product of the 80s

word idk shit about creatine I'd rather not mess wit my bodies chemical make up
    test
  3. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

once you go off creatine, you might lose some water weight, but the muscle and strength gains you made while training with creatine will stay. You can train harder while on creatine, so its very beneficial. You will lose some of the strength but thats cuz creatine gives you that.

I like creatine, it allows me to go a few extra pounds heavier and gives me that extra rep, i dont get any side effects from it at all, other than i look a lil bit more bigger from the extra water storage.....id recommend it if youre looking for some fast gains....
    test
  4. Butfuklo

Butfuklo New Member

I dont like creatine its just cheating.
    test
  5. The Steve

The Steve Space monkey I am not

Creatine is cheating? Ummmm, no, it's not.

Creatine is naturally found in meat and fish, so do you also consider eating meat and fish to be cheating?

People are so fucking retarded sometimes.
    test
  6. Ben Official

i think what he means is what your gaining isnt all pure muscle. it mostly allows your muscles to store a lot more water, so most of the size you gain from it is water weight, most of which will go away once you stop using creatine.
    test
  7. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

the bulkyness is a side effect, its how you look when supplementing with it. Normally when you work out you make gains, moreso when supplementing with creatine because it allows you to work harder and longer. Obviously when you go off creatine you lose the side effects of it such as the bulkyness, but you still gained muscle from working out on creatine and you wont magically lose that all of a sudden...Creatine is an aid, its not meant to be something youre on forever so why anyone would expect to look the same off creatine as on it is beyond me....it just helps you work harder, you make gains from that. Forget the bulkyness and strength it gives you while on it, its just an aid... if you have been workin out on creatine for 6wks+ you will have made some significant gains in size and strength that wont go away just cuz you stopped your cycle....it just seems like that cuz youre no longer on it. But you have to remember its not something youre supposed to be on forever, its just an aid....
    test
  8. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

Don't see the point personally.

Then again, when I'm in shape (no muscle weight gains) I'm around 15 stone, which is 210lbs.

I'd never look to be big and if I lifted and ate right more, I'd easily be lean at 17 stone (240lbs), which I am now, though with a 23% BFI.

I have a mate who's been taking it got him some quick gains but nothing more after that. He said it helps his training and recovery though.

I'm looking into recovery supplements. Is creatine good for that?
    test
  9. Ben Official

No, dont take creatine for that. creatine is for bulking up. the only reason i was considering going back on it is because i have less than 5 weeks to gain 9.9 pounds for a competition.

take glutamine. glutamine is the best for muscle recovery, along with whey protein. potassium is also great for muscle recovery, but glutamine is best. it also boost your immune system and makes you more healthy.
    test
  10. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

I think glutamine supplementation is unnecessary, there are extensive articles on how it's been shown through numerous trials and tests to be ineffective at improving strength or muscle mass etc on T-Nation.

Malo, get a good protein powder like ON Whey, that has something like 4grams of glutamine per serving. Maybe some BCAA's too and of course, a multivitamin.

Also, I love creatine. It's been proven time and time again in double blind studies to be one of the most(if not the most) effective muscle building supplements on the market... And for the price, it can't be beat.
    test
  11. Ben Official

glutamine isnt supposed to improve muscle mass and strength. it helps big time with muscle recovery, meaning it helps muscles recover faster. it also boosts your immune system, and improves your general health. i take 5 grams/ serving and it works well
    test
  12. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

i was under the impression that if you have excess glutamine and BCAA's from supplementation in your system it prevents the breakdown of muscle to make more muscle(which happens naturally without excess glutamine and BCAA's)
    test
  13. Ben Official

prolonged high intensity exercise decreases glutamine levels, which can result in glutamine stores, glutamine supplements helps maintain glutamine stores. they are also great for the immune system and help tons with muscle recovery.
    test
  14. Dahnamics

Dahnamics Bitch, Don't Kill My Vibe

glutamine is good.. zma is much better for muscle recovery
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.