Whats your favorite type of cardio?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Snik Diesel, Nov 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snik Diesel

Snik Diesel Hey there buddy!

How do you make it fun?

Since I've had this treadmill for awhile, I hit that thing mostly w/ some electronic trance shit and the TV on and tear that up.

Whats your favorite? indoor or outdoor? etc.
    test
  2. -GZ-

-GZ- Posts Unfunny Pics

running a track...

fuck a treadmill...i need to see that im actually going somewhere
    test
  3. Odysseus

Odysseus a marvelous muthafucka

jumping rope

jogging, road work to be specific.
    test
  4. Pistol Petee

Pistol Petee Pussy Eater

^^^yeah those are my choices...to be honest they all suck though...jump rope because of how effective it is and running is good if your the runner type...but i dont know where you live but in chicago in the winter running is a no no...elliptical is the shit...so is that skiing machine thing
    test
  5. Snikka

Snikka Vision Action Execution

The elliptical is my warm up machine at the gym.. I need to own one.

Anyone ever use high intensity interval training? It's supposed to be the best for getting metabolism higher / burning fat well AFTER the workout. I've known about it and never tried it.
    test
  6. supacilious

supacilious master of ceremonies

It depends on your goals...

I don't want to lose muscle or strength...so i would only do walking(3.5-4mph on a treadmill for 45min-1 hr)...

if would also do strongman type of stuff if i had access to tires and some sled implements...but right now im doing some bodybuilding type of stuff, so it would interfere with my workout...

if i was training to be atheletic...i would do 30m-60m sprints and 400m sprints...
    test
  7. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

yea, i used to cycle jogging and sprinting. so id jog for like a block or two and then sprint for a block. it was tough, especially going uphill.

i dont do cardio anymore though im not into that general fitness stuff and im not looking to cut anytime soon.

right now i dont drive so walking everywhere is decent cardio, believe it or not.

heres an example, when i first started getting into lifting seriously i gained like 20 pounds off the bat. of course a little extra bulk came with it, nothing serious just some extra chin fat but once i changed gyms to one further away and had to do like 30 mins of uphill walking, i lost it real quick.

i think its just a decent way to keep fat in line while not overdoing it so you can still add size.
    test
  8. LiveFromThe781

you should move to MA man, theres a top 20 gym almost completely dedicated to strongman training right near me. i dont use it though because theres no single joint machines or cables.

but they have a bowl of chalk in the middle of the place, blast heavy metal, have a deadlift jack and even a monolift. plus this cool thing that is plate loaded but uses a running like motion to lift it...kinda like a reverse leg press.
    test
  9. Snik Diesel

Snik Diesel Hey there buddy!

Well I'm doing a 4 day body split and I dedicate 2 out of 3 of my off days to doing cardio right now (sat/sun). I only do 30 minutes, but it helps me keep blood flowing to my other muscles. Usually do something like warm up 5-10 mins, jog 10, fast walk, jog 5, cool down. Try to stay within the fat burn zone. 30 total

It's just really hard to do an HIIT on the tread because I'd have to speed it up and slow it down. Shit would be kinda a pain. I think the Elliptical would be better, less impact if nothing else.
    test
  10. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

if your talking any type of cardio, it would have to be rolling, or "sparring" in bjj. great work out, and fun as hell.

if your talking about typical cardio exercises then i'd have to say my favorites are swimming and jump rope. i also run in intervals but i've been jumping rope the longest, it just comes so natural now and i can go forever. swimming, im no michael phelps but i really enjoy it. amazing workout too. when i first started i was so terrible man, i'd have to stop half way across the pool to stand up and cough up the water that i inhaled from my lungs every lap. i'd go back and forth, running into the wall, then running into the barrier, i was horrible. i hated it until i got better at it, now i look forward to it.
    test
  11. LiveFromThe781

you could always use the bike. thats what im going to use once i want to cut. theres a pretty big guy at my gym who puts on the vest and goes on the bike for HIIT so like he'll sit and do the thing regular then hell stand up and do it like that.

i read on T-Nation about doing farmer's walks for HIIT it sounds like itd be cool.

@you new sig

lol@ lil bow wow beating the shit out of Seth Greene, that guy's a fag.
    test
  12. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

doing any cardio with the vest on is way better fsho. i need to fine a better one because the one i have bounces all over the place when i jump rope but its no biggy
    test
  13. ~Matty P~

~Matty P~ Whats Good Son?

interval training is definately the shit..i felt like a million bucks and that shit definately speeds up your metabolism..my stomach was like the wall with ripples....anyway, my favorite type of cardio is basketball..lots of stop go is good for the body..which is why interval is great!..but in this weather i mess wit the treadmill even tho its the most boring thing ive ever done..or ill run hoops in a gym
    test
  14. Salar

Salar New Member

yeah i am gonna get an eliptical cross trainer pretty soon.

they are quite reasonable value for money you can get a top of the range machine for £250 ($400) but a £100 will do just fine.

about the interval training, FARTLEK training is apparantly the best method and is what all top sports institutions, professional teams etc in various sports and disciplines have adopted.

it is in basic terms running/swimming/walking whatever at slow/medium pace then every x amount of time going at full capacity in short bursts and so forth. theres alot more to it tho i dont know exactly.

they say this method is far superior than traditional methods.
    5 min jog followed by a 1 min sprint then 5 min jog and so on for 20 mins will produce a better effect than a 1 hour steady jog.

i dont know about it exactly i read about it like 2 years ago so research it its called FARTLEK.
    test
  15. Salar

Salar New Member

at the moment until i get an eliptical, i am punching a heavy bag close to flat out for like 2 mins at a time then resting for like 30 secs then repeatin for like 15 mins.

i do this purely as a warm up for my weights workouts at home.

i have a skipping rope too but my garage is too cluttered and if i tried skippin in it i would surely catch the rope on something and break my neck or some shit.
    test
  16. REAL LIFE CELEB

REAL LIFE CELEB New Member

yeah we do that shit at football practice
    test
  17. KevinGarnett.

KevinGarnett. Anthony Anderson is GOD

Heavy bag is intense cardio and very enjoyable, excellent for toning.

Skipping is also extremely efficient and helps tone your calves and even shoulders.
    test
  18. Salar

Salar New Member

^so you think theres any point in me gettin an eliptical cross-trainer then?

too late anyway i ordered one yesterday. the heavy bag is def enjoyable and is excellent for toning arms and i am mos def gonna make some space in my garage for skipping now lol.
    test
  19. KevinGarnett.

KevinGarnett. Anthony Anderson is GOD

imo you could do without the cross trainer..you're already doing good intense cardio with the heavy bag, and if you add skipping which is also very intense you will add to that. and you can vary it the skip technique to make it more difficult, or get a weighted rope etc. my CV fitness since i started doing a boxing workout is better than ever before really.
    test
  20. -GZ-

-GZ- Posts Unfunny Pics

what is skipping?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.