What's YOUR favorite stomach workouts?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by SinLuciano, May 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShaolinCritique

ShaolinCritique New Member

Nothing beats a good cardio/run 30 min, then some planks and plank push ups.
    test
  2. Notsure

Notsure Well-Known Member

This is basically 100% on point. Repped.

Getting the 6-pack is about hypertrophy and nutrition, which has already been stated, but cannot be stated enough. Situps are useless in the long run unless you apply added weight. Ask yourself why you need to apply weight to every quad-exercise imaginable, yet nobody gets muscles worth mentioning from walking a lot. Weight --> Resistance --> The muscles is forced to activate muscle-fibers --> You break down muscle --> Your amino-acid balance goes up --> You eat and thus supply your muscles with energy to restore AND build up muscle (protein primarily, which is amino-acids put together) --> Profit in the long run.

Also should be added that you can't have the cake and eat it to. If you're skinny and wanna turn cock diesel, don't expect the 6-pack to come with it. You gotta gain weight to gain muscle, and lose weight to lose fat. Basic energy in/out-principle yaddayaddayadda.

As far as specific workouts, my favorite is the cablecrunches.
    Cable Kneeling Crunch
    test
  3. WWByeye

WWByeye former White widow

-simple sit-ups do it 4 everyone
    test
  4. Majestic1990

Majestic1990 Peace and Love

At home I'm doing 3 sets of 40 sit-ups , I was doing 7 sets but a workout longer than an hour is counterproductive for me

At the gym I like AbCore w/ weights for abs or Hanging Leg raises
    test
  5. SinLuciano

SinLuciano El Capitan

I do 10 sets of 25 push-ups and 10 sets of 30 crunches @ home when I can't make it to the gym.

I'll probably move back up to 35 and 50 pretty soon.
    test
  6. SinLuciano

SinLuciano El Capitan

Depends what you're going for. If you want that real 8-pack and the "V"; you gotta do alot more than simple sit-ups. You gotta do crunches, bicycle crunches, leg raises, leg lifts (better with a workout partner pushing your legs down), ab rollers, pull-downs for the abs with the cables, ect.

Simple sit-ups might give you an average looking stomach with a little definition; but you've got to hit it from every angle to really get looking right and defined.
    test
  7. Mystery

Mystery New Member

I do this regularly

[youtube]Y6ZTzUEtPTI[/youtube]
    test
  8. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

i like planks, roll-outs, valslides, and just doing core workouts. working so far, but valslides kill it!

those cable pulldowns fuckin hurt though too.
    test
  9. SinLuciano

SinLuciano El Capitan

I got a crazy workout for the stomach that hits your back arms to for you bro. It's kinda hard to explain. I'ma mess around and do a lil youtube video next time I'm at the gym.
    test
  10. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

awesome. i've been using valslides and just making up exercises that kill your core.

valslide buckleups to gators = fuckin ridiculous.

been doing some 11-11-11 workouts too. 3 exercises, 11 reps per, 11 sets in 11 minutes.
    test
  11. kingorap

kingorap New Member

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.