What's YOUR favorite stomach workouts?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by SinLuciano, May 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SinLuciano

SinLuciano El Capitan

Or...which do you see the most results from? I like the pull-over crunch combo (for triceps and stomach at the same time) personally. As well as cable pull downs and weighted sit-ups.
    test
  2. Gwame

Gwame no luckycharms in ireland

Leg-hip raises are better than any crunch IMO. I hardly ever do direct ab workouts though, I think regular heavy compounds do more good.
    test
  3. SinLuciano

SinLuciano El Capitan

I got a 6 pack I'm trying to turn to an 8 pack by the Summer. J.W. if there's any killer routines I might be missing. We do all the major muscle groups (pretty much) twice a week already. And we usually throw direct ab workouts in between other workouts...we never dedicate a full day to them. If anything they'll be part of a super-set or circuit.
    test
  4. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

i'm dyin to get this fuckin 6-pack by the summer...not sure if i can do it legally though lol. belly is the hardest part to work...

as far as breaking the 6-pack up more...honestly, my friend who worked into a 12-pack (literally broke his 6-pack in half) did 3,000 crunches/situps a day. 1,000 morning, 1,000 midday, 1,000 evening for about 5-6 months.

me? my favorite exercises are planks and leg->hip raises.
    test
  5. SinLuciano

SinLuciano El Capitan

Holy shit @ all those crunches. I don't think I could do all that lol.
    test
  6. TheIlliterate

TheIlliterate Well-Known Member

test
  7. Gwame

Doing thousands of crunches will hardly give you a six pack. You might be able to curl a roll of toilet paper for hours, you really think it'll give you big biceps?

Six packs, eight packs, whatever - it's about genetics. Your body is physically designed a certain way, and not everyone is even capable of having a visible six pack, let alone eight. And besides, visible abs is more about low body fat (less than 10%) than anything else.

So increase the cardio and train abs just like any other muscle for hypertrophy - heavy weight, fewer reps, once or twice a week.
    test
  8. Alias3000

Alias3000 Well-Known Member

somebody say 8pack?

I got a 6 pack 3 years ago and here's how I got it in 5 easy steps:.

1. STOP DRINKING MILK IT'S POISONOUS AND FULL OF LACTIC ACID. Lactic Acid from milk is the enemy to muscle tone and growth. the more you have in your muscles the longer it will take to show muscle. this is exactly wy bodybuilders refuse to drink milk. some still drink soy milk which is even worse.

2. DRINK WATER OFTEN. Water helps the body natural breakdown enzymes that aid in stamina and your ability to workout longer.

3. STOP EATING FILTHY ANIMAL PRODUCTS. Most of the fat that stuck to your body is coming from the shit you eat from the local grocery store which is full of sodium benzoate, fat, sugar and all kinds of fucked up preservatives. Eat as healthy as possible.

4. Workout regimen. Don't think you have to do 15,000 situps a day to get that 6-pack. all you need is 20-30mins a day doing varioius crunches using a medicine ball(if you got one, if not, go get one $15 bux) or some kind of resistance to your excercise. Jumping Jacks is a simple but highly effective way to tighten up the entire core including the legs and arms. not to mention the heart. use P90X or Insanity if you want but be ready to work hard.

5. REST. Don't go to bed so late every night. give your body time to recoup, hit the sack every other day at about 8-9pm and get that full 8hours of sleep. REM sleep. and I usually take a nap on weekends as extra.

Do these 5 steps and you have bad bitches breaking they necks to get your attention

Don't do these 5 steps and watch that spare tire grow.
    test
  9. Alias3000

this is so not true. EVERYBODY can have a six pack. it's under there, you just have to dig deep to go get it.

and you will not have the same abs just by losing fat as you would by losing fat and 'working out' the abs. a 6pack is like clay it has to be formed. we all have that "sheet" of musslce but until you work them out, they are not really "abs"..lol

Nothing worth having is easy to come by.
    test
  10. Gwame

I said it's MORE ABOUT low body fat. Work the muscles all you want, but they'll never be visible if there's a lot of fat covering it. But yeah obviously the more muscle there is, the bigger and more visible the six pack will be.

Everyone can have a six pack? Some people don't have the bottom layer visible. I've seen people with like 7% body fat, in pretty good shape, but only the four pack would be visible. Everyone has it but genetics determine visibility, shape, etc.

I don't get how you can misconstrue my post like that when I explained at the end that you should still train the abs for hypertrophy (making them bigger).
    test
  11. SinLuciano

SinLuciano El Capitan

Milk is poisonous? I drink milk...it has alot of protein my dude...and I stay up late alot. I've been had a six pack n damn near eight pack i'm tryna get that super cut 8 pack by the Summer though.

Gwame, thanks for the insight on that though...I've been thinking it had alot to do with genetics...because it was extremely easy for me to get the six pack in the beginning...while i've seen other people who i've worked out with do the exact same work-outs as me or even go above and beyond and never develop the complete six pack. Pretty sure you're reply was on-point with that one.
    test
  12. Gwame

It stands to reason really. Having a visible six pack is just like have defined deltoids, or visible lats and traps, etc. Big muscle = big muscle, but definition = very little fat covering the muscles.

This Alias dude is more like a hardcore nutritionist with highly personal views, as opposed to a bodybuilding expert. But to be honest, milk isn't ideal for us. Our systems aren't designed to digest milk from other animals beyond ourselves, hence why babies puke when they first start drinking cow milk. However we do adapt to it.

But I don't get how he thinks lactic acid is the enemy to muscle tone (which is a made-up term btw, "toning" doesn't mean anything) and growth, when it's what your body naturally produces during exercise. Lactic acid is what causes the burning sensation you get during crunches, running, or any other high-rep exercise.
    test
  13. Boris Grishenko

Boris Grishenko Slug heads!

I like to workout to this stomach

[​IMG]
    test
  14. Thrizzy

Thrizzy 3.T.

LOL not everybody has a 6 pack FYI some have 3,4, even less visible muscles or few have more than 6.

Anyways for abs I go pretty hard and heavy probably akin to shit boxers would do.
    test
  15. allnakey

allnakey Sex is no fun by yourself

Threads like these look like could be very informative to some one looking for something new to throw into their routine. Yet like most threads in and around this board it went way off track. Anyways that was like many a side tracking comment.

So to address the thread itself. I love adding the medicine ball to simple exercises, adds a great deal of core emphasis and form. So that was a great point. But believe it or not my favorite workout; and it's not just for core, is the Jacobs Ladder. Adds Cardio, on top of lower back and will do wonders for the whole core region.
    test
  16. h.wood

h.wood IMAGINATION SUPER STAR

Stomach is my easiest area to see results . I don't have a six pack but when I work it you see a definite definition- sometimes 4 depending on my diet. I find that as long as I do abs after my cardio , I'm good. Typical everyday routine is to run/jog atleast 5 miles then do abs. I'm lazy with everything else, I throw a full body circuit in only once a week after I run . I should do it more often but i dont.

As far as workouts - plank position , crunches ,leg lifts , bicycle and the ab ball - if your by yourself.
    partner work - med ball and I forget what its called but when they throw your legs down and you keep it from touching the floor
    test
  17. j4remi4

j4remi4 Active Member

I swear by the ab wheel. It just a wheel with to handles on it. I've seen some vids of Jackie Chan and Roy Jones Jr using it in the past. Three to five sets of ten reps at a time (straight out, out and to the left, out and to the right is one rep) and you will feel and see the benefits. In conjunction with that I just do crunches, leg rises and sit ups.

I'm naturally skinny though and I played soccer all of my life, so I don't have trouble getting abs, but the ab wheel was the best workout for me...and soccer practice always involved a ton of ab workouts.
    test
  18. Alias3000

My favs are:

1. 6 inches
    2. Medicine ball beatdown (bounce the medicine ball on your stomach while doing crunches)
    3. Jumping Jacks
    4. track lunges with homemade ab wheel
    *5. no red meat, seafood or refined sugar products(cookies, soda, etc...)

* for ripped 6-8 pack abs.
    test
  19. Alias3000

true. I was reading too fast,. my bad pimp. but yeah that bottom level of abs is the hardest to hit.

I jumped the gun on you because I hear so many times people say all they have to do is this or that but forget about the nutrition aspect. I honestly didn't even "see" my 6-pack until I put down the fajitas and waffles and chicken and beer..lol
    test
  20. Alias3000

I LOVE my 9lb medicine ball. it's the one weight that love to pick up first before any other.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.