What's wrong with police these days?

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by GaLaTeA, Jan 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA Well-Known Member

So on my way home I got stopped by the police. Eh! Policeman comes up to me and routinely says: "Licence & registration". I pass the documents, all ok. Then he asks me, if I consumed any alcohol before I sat behind the wheel.

I reply with a simple "No."

And really, I didn't. I don't drink when I drive, I never, never will. If not for the children, who love to jump on the highway late on Saturday evenings (sarcasm), at least because of the insurance company, which would in an event of an accident, turn my pockets upside down. So, the policeman asked about alcohol, I replied that I never drank. Then we said:

"OK. We'd like for you to do the alcotest."

What!?
    It doesn't make sense...

Let me explain:
    Why ask me if I drank, if they're clearly going to give me the alcotest anyways?

If I pose a question: "Did you drink anything?" and do intend to make a person take the damn test, then why ask? This question is then in this situation: (a) stupid, (b) pointless, (c) no one benefits from it, (d) has zero efffect, (e) is wasting my valuable time, (f) wasting his (obviously less) valuable time and (g) has no value.

[​IMG]

As much as I like to think I'm rational, who likes things to be at least partly meaningful ~ this incident really left me astonished. See, how actions follow up to decisions that serve to separate the flow in two different directions. Thus, as in the diagram above, the decision is unnecessary. Not only is semantically wrong, the syntax has little meaning. If I ever saw such a diagram in the workplace, I'd probably burst into furious laughter, why would anyone give a decision in the diagram, if all roads lead to the same activity? Don't ask a questions if the answer has nothing to do with it, and doesn't affect anything, right?
    test
  2. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Yea but i suppose they think everyone lies...which is pretty accurate but i suppose it is required...
    test
  3. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

like my boss:

"you in the middle of anything" - which translates to "come on let's work on what i want to do"

so i learned to respond "no", since saying "yes" just leads to him saying the above literal translation.

anyway, with cops, there's no reasoning with them. i love when they say "you know, if you did what you just did and a person/car/anything was coming, you would've killed them!"

i always chuckle, then get asked why it's funny, then i say "if a person/car/anything had been coming, i would've stopped! the reason i did what i did was because the roads are completely devoid of all traffic."

they always give me a ticket, but i know they go back fuming and i enjoy myself.
    test
  4. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA Well-Known Member

I know they "have to ask" by procedure, however the fact that they ask and do the test anyways is what's bothering me. It's not like it happened in the middle of the night, when (for example) they saw me getting in the car from leaving a club (then I'd understand the suspicion)...it's like would they think any less of me or view me differently if I said yes, and the test revealing I have 0% alcohol in me?

:funny: I know what you mean, but some bosses are in a league of their own.

Cops baffle me lately..
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.