What's the worst sport/workout-related injury you've had?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by zyclon B gas, Jul 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

I've had high ankle sprains, broken fingers, and other minor stuff. luckily nothing major.

when i played baseball my coach told me to start pitching a certain way, and that fucked my elbow up, then a couple years later i was throwin javelin and heard a huge pop and my arm just sat there. Fuckin elbow killed and i couldn't throw again. Tennis elbow - bad.

Since then I've had flare ups of tennis elbow when playing softball or baseball or throwing a football, but nothin too bad. In May this year my elbow started hurting after doin softball, my HIIT workouts and mma training. Since then it's gotten worse and worse and now I have a massage therapist and can't use my arms for at least 3 weeks, more if it doesn't get better.

Easily the worst injury I've had since I can't use my upper body.

On the plus side, I could kick a house over right now.

Any of you got nagging injuries or bad injuries from sports or workouts? How did you deal with them?
    test
  2. woozy__

woozy__ 209 in this bitch

nothing really major.

hip bursitis from running, pain went away after two weeks but i can still pop my right hip out a way it shouldn't. just took time off from running and stretched a lot.

6 badly jammed fingers at once from a 12lb medicine ball getting thrown at me the wrong way... doing anything for the next week sucked. explaining to people why 6 of my fingers were jammed was also pretty embarrassing.
    test
  3. DahStoryTella

DahStoryTella knowledge of self

Sprained knee which was very close to breaking, that's it really.
    test
  4. -Scavenger Pro-

-Scavenger Pro- New Member

I cracked a rib while benching, didnt place the bar back properly. smh.

Could still bench with the broken rib funnily enough.
    test
  5. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah prince with 1000 enemies

broke my nose playing basketball
    test
  6. Lil Dead

Lil Dead Arizona Steel

I broke my ankle,leg and tail bone while skateboarding in 2005. Easily the worst injury ive ever had.I was unable to walk or sit down for the better part of 4 months,and i went against doctors orders with the healing process and rushed it a lil.My ass will go numb after sitting down within about a half hour,like painfully numb.LOL,its hilarious but that shit hurt.And my knee and ankle both pop out of joint every once in a while.

Otherwise i was playing football with my cousins and one of them tried grabbing my catch on a "kick return" and he hit me directly on the hip bone with his head and my hip had a HUGE black and blue bruise on it for over a month.Didnt break anything that time,but it hurt like a bitch!

Hope your arm gets better Zyclon.Wonder if they're going to suggest a surgery?...
    test
  7. its papi

its papi inellek my middle name

A really bad fracture on my ankle playing bball.
    test
  8. Ralph Pootawn

Ralph Pootawn New Member

One time after partially tearing my rotator cuff I decided to try military presses behind my back.

Luckily I was on a smith machine, anyways my shoulder popped out on the 3rd rep and was hurt for about 3 days.

Other than that never really hurt lifting, I think one time I dropped like a 35 Lb. weight on my foot, I might have a slight fracture that acts up from time to time.
    test
  9. absolute zero

absolute zero Among the living

I strained (nearly tore) my mcl two years in a row playing basketball in high school. Second time had to have arthroscopic knee surgery, and that pain was almost worse than the fucking sprain.

Add to that a billion ankle sprains and shit. Nothing too bad.
    test
  10. -GZ-

-GZ- Posts Unfunny Pics

tore my meniscus and acl playing football...still haven't had the surgery...

tore my rotator cuff, which I don't evenb remember doing

not to mention dislocating my fingers and popping them back into place during football games...I can crack my fingers at will, it's disgusting
    test
  11. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

had the mri, torn elbow capsule. so far this is my worst injury since it will require surgery.
    test
  12. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

I prolapsed squatting a rhinoceros.
    test
  13. TheNewGuy

TheNewGuy New Member

tennis elbow from heavy bicep curls during my first year of training
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.