whats the wackest shit in hip-hop history u can think of?

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by gotband4nothing, Feb 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigEasy42

BigEasy42 New Member

Kris Kross and all the kiddies who wore their clothes backwards to be like them.
    test
  2. Blemickis

Blemickis I get computers puting

don't act like you didn't do it too
    test
  3. TheNotoryousOne

TheNotoryousOne Grown Ass Man

Good answer.
    test
  4. Who Kares

Who Kares not even your mother

'Crunk' music...disgraceful
    test
  5. yastrugglin

yastrugglin New Member

Just mentioning things that I haven't seen yet.

When marketing and promotion became more important than good music.
    When people said the term "keep it real" and it really meant keep it real dumb.
    Too many mutha fuckas rappin and not saying shit.
    test
  6. The_MRB

The_MRB infiltrate your border

Ill rich being able to hold an opinion

howeva i do belieave anticon and to a lesser xtent some of the artists on def jux have taken the soul outta hip hop
    test
  7. SoulFood

SoulFood New Member

fuck you el-p is revolutionary he invents new techniques and you diss def jux?listen to complex genius and not repetitive beats
    test
  8. SoulFood

SoulFood New Member

the wackest thing to happen to hip-hop is:

eminem,50 cent,the source magazine after some time,p.diddy etc...
    test
  9. GameRGame

GameRGame Do better.

Just because something is conceptually deemed as 'new' doesn't mean it's good. Most concepts fall flat on their back. In the case of El-P, Funcrusher Plus was his mark on Hiphop, but even that album is so-so. Now, his production has too many things going on in it - similar to Jellyroll, to the point that it becomes a machine rather than something you can feel in your heart. As far as his emceeing skills, they leave a lot to be desired. There's no emotion to his music, nor rhythm and you can tell from the first word he utters. He certainly did contribute to a downward spiral, as now many of suburban caucasian High-School aged children worship him because they view him as the 'great white hope.' This inturn, actually makes them want to become an emcee, which further saturates an already over-saturated landscape and continues the trend.
    test
  10. THEDONN- closed

THEDONN- closed pac and biggie rule 4eva

man vanilla ice and mc hammer wasnt even wack....everybody copped they albums, unless u like 18 yrs old today
    test
  11. Blemickis

Blemickis I get computers puting

that is the dumbest shit you've said yet
    test
  12. THEDONN- closed

THEDONN- closed pac and biggie rule 4eva

onbly young cornballz who ride bandwagonz would say thats the wackest shit ever,,,.but me beingv like 9 yrs old at the time when them nggaz wuz the shit,,,,,back then, that wuz the shit, ice whole cd wuz hot, and mc hammer had maaaad hits....
    test
  13. The_MRB

no1 mentioned El-P (your previous quote) but yes i do mean him, but i admit hes not half as bad as some of the anticon rubbish and before you get all righteous on me and accuse me of listening to repetitive beats (like u know wot i listen 2 anyway, cunt)

50 cent= mostly garbage but theres been carbon copies before him and after why single out him?

P.Diddy= before his rhyming carrear he launched the label that bought Biggie Smalls into the mainstream

Eminem- one of the top 20 rappers who ever lived, who underground heads used 2 jock, shit its not his fault he sold a lot, Slim Shady LP is a classic probably hailed by those magazines who u quoted in the previous thead and i think even people who hated him now would agree

The Source- if we talking about 21st century source agreed
    test
  14. The_MRB

Anyway my real answer would be

Nerds like anticon turning there hand to this without any talent and bastardising Hip Hop with unlistenable wack shit, i mean there are no doubt nerds who can rap but a lotta shit is garbage and has no feel. Also fans from such groups who criticise pete Rock for being too simple, then claim Prince Paul is a master when all he used 2 do is find a popular sample and stick some drums underneath it.

Bling Bling era- jus coz of all the cheesy shit it spawned and all the trendys taking it on

People making opinions on Hip Hop without listening too groups with a social concious and then claiming rappers are talentless without ever taking into accordance breath control, the way the lyrics are structured etc
    test
  15. SHITTY Bang Bang

SHITTY Bang Bang freestyle fanatic

*COUGHS* And *CLEARS THROAT* and the winner iiiiis.................REGGEATONE Garbage sense day one , i remember hearin that shit to years ago blast in all the puerto ricans cars and thats florida which means it was around every corner it's bullshit they created the beat on playstation 2 and they were so lazy they just used it for every song 'till recently
    test
  16. SoulFood

SoulFood New Member

i don't even take you seriously,you rate eminem,you don't know anything about melody or music,prince paul is a genius.He doesn't take a popular sample and stick some drums underneath it.His sampling is brilliant and real creative,he creates textures,he also know how to play instruments.His sampling is coming from tunes,melodies,beats,tv commercials,voices,dialogues,tv shows,movies,cuts,he is the most innovative producer ever(if it wasn't for him pete rock may have never existed as a producer,at least on this kind).He creates concepts and fun records(a prince among thieves-could easile,and many times he doesn't sample especially on his new work,and then you talk so bad about him?Listen to Psychoanalisis.
    test
  17. SoulFood

SoulFood New Member

i knew that you meaned el-p,i guessed that,his work on cold vein is fantastic,see this is music that takes you a trip to outerspace with the complexicity and beauty,its a progressive record,hell,even elvis costello praised this album
    test
  18. SoulFood

SoulFood New Member

fantastic damage is fantastic just like dr.dooom and dr.octagon
    test
  19. hockeys_da_best

hockeys_da_best New Member

Haha, I was thinking this.

Others that came to mind:
    -- Puffy
    -- Mase
    -- J-Kwon
    -- G-Unit

Also, Pac's death, cos since then, everyone in the industry and most all rap fans have been all over his genitalia, and it's annoying as fuck.
    test
  20. hockeys_da_best

hockeys_da_best New Member

Em ain't making classic shit anymore.

People hating him on here is mostly not about him being successful, but about him coming with weak shit like Encore.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.