What's the martial art to learn if you really want to beat the shit out of people?

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Tequila Jong-il, Oct 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tequila Jong-il

Tequila Jong-il SALAD TOSSER

I'm not talking about self defence. Fuck that. I'm talking about swaggering into a pool hall and whouping the entire pool hall's ass on some steven seagal out for justice shit. Speaking of seagal, would aikido fit the bill? I used to think it looked lame but watching some old seagal training video it seemed like it might be the right kind of thing if you were interested in taking on multiple opponents.
    test
  2. DaAlmightyDolla

DaAlmightyDolla Greatness

akido is a self defense art. its a graceful counter style. im more a fan of that type

ive always loved savate though. thats a good 1

[youtube]2UXS0Gzxy3A[/youtube]
    test
  3. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

ha.

The problem with aikido is that it usually only works in an aikido environment. I suppose you could toss a few people around by by their shirts until they tear or you get decked, but the thing to keep in mind is that there aren't penalties in pool halls.

I'd recommend Muay Thai as a solid base for anyone. Most people in bars are brawlers that run at you with arms swinging and no balance, and a Muay Thai guy could easily break their knees or combo them.

silva leben MMA Fight Videos

What's really cool though is the Muay Thai that isn't allowed in tournament fighting. Crippling knee shots to the nuts, elbows to the throat, etc.
    test
  4. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Savate's pretty dope.

You can whoop someone's ass with the added humiliation of looking effeminate while you do it.
    test
  5. DaAlmightyDolla

exactly...

u would have 2 adopt prettyboy or sugar 2 ur name
    test
  6. xX_NASTY_Xx

xX_NASTY_Xx Guest

test
  7. *Iceman*

*Iceman* New Member

Clearly its muay thai, didn't you see Ong Bak?
    test
  8. Poetickz

Poetickz The Humble One

muay thai for me imho, simple knees and elbows...demolish an opponent soooo quick
    test
  9. Tequila Jong-il

obviously muay thai is effective but I dont really think its stylish enough for what im looking for.

Just googled savate and it came up 'french boxing'. PAUSE. That just sounds euphemistic as fuck to me. Cant see myself studying that.
    test
  10. DaAlmightyDolla

u like JCVD( as do I) french boxing shouldnt be that offensive
    test
  11. DaAlmightyDolla

if u want stylish take up tae kwon doe or capoera. both useless though in real fighting but lovely 2 look at.
    test
  12. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

if you are interested in taking on multiple opponents, i would vote krav maga

aikido is not really all that effective. it looks cool in demos, but it doesnt work like that in a street fight. its good for self defense, but for taking on multiple opponents and fucking lots of dudes up in a bar, nah. i think that largely depends on the person, but krav maga is probably the best for multiple opponents
    test
  13. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

systema

go hunt down fedor and learn his shit
    test
  14. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

^^^ i didnt mean for those 2 to sound related btw

fedor = combat sambo
    test
  15. Tequila Jong-il

that combat sambo(lolz) looks pretty fresh from the youtube vids

Daalmightdolla - JCVD is NOT french you ignorant bastard.
    test
  16. DaAlmightyDolla

he isnt the most masculine man though u have 2 admit
    test
  17. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

krav maga can be dope, but most people wimp it up. It's cool when you're learning shit with knives and assault rifles.
    test
  18. Disraeli

Disraeli p4p the best

lol.
    test
  19. nightbird

nightbird I Do It Like It's My Job

Akido is very effective with multiple attackers, but isn't the type of martial art that fits the mentality of someone who would want to walk into a bar and fuck peoples shit up. Krav Maga would fit that bill pretty well. I personally take Akido and love it, believe me, it's effective but not as simple as it appears.
    test
  20. SiFu

SiFu Burning Down Babylon!

Yea, kudos to Krav Maga or Silat (the Islamic version).....

That shit is all about real world situations, and fight finishing moves!! I think it's hard to find a good teacher, anyone ex-Israeli Military should do hahaha

I would also recommend Wing Chun for bar fighting, as its close quarters and although its shit for MMA (coz MMA has rules) its good for finishing a fight quickly, throat jabs, eye strikes, groin attacks, hand and arm traps etc etc

Not one style will give you everything....but if you do Krav Maga and Wing Chun and get good at them both, you'll be a tough bar fighter for sure!!!!!!!!

The last thing you'll wanna learn is something that relies on kicks and Aikido requires too much space to be effective in a bar situation, the same with BJJ or anything that requires a lot of space.....hahaha you defo dont wanna grab a dude and take him to the floor trying to get an arm-bar hahaha the whole bar will come crashing down on you.....thats my problem with BJJ, people think its the greatest thing coz in competition it does well, but anyone in a real fight I've seen goto the ground instantly gets jumped on and stomped by multiple people hahaha in a real fight staying on your feet is the key, for attacks and to get away if need be.....

PEACE
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.