What's the last beat that made you go "WOW"

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by PdotNix, Mar 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

The whole vocal arrangement, attitude.. style of this track.

[youtube]e5jMPUV12Xo[/youtube]
    test
  2. P R I M O

P R I M O Shout out to Autotune

I fuck with it.

When I first heard it I thought it was a J.D / Johnta Austin joint.

The Remix is raw too.
    test
  3. JuhMayne Dupri

JuhMayne Dupri New Member

lol...

Man cats stay bitin.

You heard the new Ray J album?

This nigga Darkchild swagger-jacked the fuck out of my hi-hats

[youtube]_rk25qXIWV4[/youtube]

(3rd bar of the hook)
    test
  4. P R I M O

P R I M O Shout out to Autotune

LOL

Nigga you pay way too much attention to these beats.

Good shit though, you gotta study this shit.

I'm peepin the harmonies in the vocals.

This track straight.

"Sexy Can I" is catchy as fuck though.
    test
  5. MAD SKREWS

MAD SKREWS Dear Mr.Toilet, Im Da Shi

test
  6. the exposer

the exposer The Music Luvas

/\/\/\/\/\/\

I Told "safe" Joe Close Friend On The Phone That This Is The Record They Should Run With If He Trying To Take The Streets Back... But Instead They Dropped That J Holiday Track "oh Well" He Lost...

This Is Joe At His Best Tho.....
    test
  7. the exposer

[youtube]jeKXmat9458[/youtube]

I 4GOT THIS SHIT 2 NOTTZ WAS A FOOL FOR THIS SHIT!!!
    test
  8. MAD SKREWS

agree... this was supposed to be the single.. then they went with that other joint.. which is dope too.. but crack house is fucking crack.. sickest beat in a while... steve morales is no joke...

Skrews
    test
  9. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

Because he is trying to sell records, not get street cred. Streets dont buy records, itunes or ringtones
    test
  10. the exposer

my responce to that is he sold 40,000 record his 1st week the worst he ever did..

he had a record with the hottest rapper out basicly and it was a perfect record to work to win back people he lost... they went with the laides record and of course it got some radio spind and some ringtone money but did nothing for sales.. the girl record could have always been played... he needs the streets back badly which is why he;s attempiting that bad mixtape.... searching for anyone thats wants to get at 50 cents good luck with that...

Fat Joe is really good peoples, i jus feel he need to starting banging out hard club records instead of soft ones...
    test
  11. MAD SKREWS

test
  12. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

Fat joe never had big sales, he would always have big hits but his sales never matched 2nd, what street albums move units lately. The streets do not buy units of anything. Unless your 50, kanye, jay, ti, eminem maybe jeezy (we will see if wayne sales live up to buzz), your basically not moving units if you are a rapper. the streets is just a co-sign of credibility but having the streets as your base of fans is yesterday's model...in terms of moving units.

look at this... there is not one hip hop track on the top 10 billboard r&b/hiphop charts
    http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/charts/chart_display.jsp?g=Singles&f=Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs

Fat joe has the highest chart toping rap song on urban radio
    http://www.radioandrecords.com/Formats/Charts/Urban_Chart.asp

Basically as an artist thats all most are hoping for, a chart topper, sale a few itunes and ringtones b/c units are not moving. Rick ross did well but look at the other guys... their flopping .
    test
  13. the exposer

ummmm u jus proved my point the only people who sell real records own the streets.. with the execption of Nelly if he ever decides to drop an album again... So from a label perspective lets get bak to that hard shit... i

ALL these CHORUS RAPPERS WITH 4GETTBALE RYHMES NEEED TO GET XD THE FUK OUT ALREADY....

these club based rappers dont sell units cuz people know they best songs are the ones on the radio.... and they can dl that for 99cents or jus put it on there myspace... all this cookie cutter flossy shit aint helping there carreers in the long run....

ALL Artist care for sales rest assure on that ...ALL Labels care for sales, This is where they make there money back if they dont make there money bak the artist gets dropped... Rick ross is street and he had a number one album 200 somthing thousands his 1st week.. kia shine aint even go gold yet webbie aint busted and wont bust over a 100,000 units... Radio is extremely missleading cuz most of the idiots P.D in charge dont kno shit and dont give a shit about the music they jus dont want to lose there job THATS THE TRUTH....

Thats why the music is so garbage now cuz all these producers jus want a song on the radio and some pub money instead of making classic and great music...

thats jus my opinion on why Pdot even brought up theres alot of bad cuz know one cares about the record anymore.... cats jus go for the latest fad and they dont even realise that shit aint pushing units...

The comsumers are not attaching themselves to these cookie cutter rappers cuz they see thru that shit and after wasting some money on garbage albums they are more defensive and smart with there money on the music tip.. cuz the label got stupid with there budgets and let there quality control go way down..... hence people dont wanna know more about these artist cuz they know there not Genuine...

Jus my humble opinion i decided to share rapmusic.com...
    test
  14. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

^^ i agree with you on many points, i just saying that people will just dl your album. So as an artist you have to recoup some way. And that is were singles and ringtones come into play. And radio use to be an indicator but as you said it has not.

I think the only ones that are moving units have a track record of well put together albums. And the reason why Fat joe does not move units is that he has about 3-4 good tracks and the rest are skips... so people do not trust spending their money on his album.

I was looking at rapcity today ...or trying too... and i could not even listen to half the songs. A song came on, then i would turn the channel to something else.... its a shame but i am not feeling 80% of the stuff the industry is trying to promote
    test
  15. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

JaMarcus Cock Sucker BOSS

joe eatin off the publishin, and he makin 7 per sale

not sure what his quota is before that clause is activated tho

cant be that high, since he's an established artist
    test
  16. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

yea, this album was indie right?
    test
  17. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

JaMarcus Cock Sucker BOSS

yea...i think he been indie ever since Loud Records folded i think...
    test
  18. the exposer

the day any artist is making 7 dollars a record even on a indy is they day they own the label.. and all the point associated with that record.. remeber retail is a 100% mark up.. then your team has to it eat cuz know one does it buy themselves.. the big producer usually get points aswell...

and videos /promotion expenses add alot of mula.. tho i know joe deals with his own team and they look out for him as he does for them...

by no means is he broke but i know he has to be dissapointed with album sales.. has it gotten that bad that we now not even looking at that... remeber christina millian got dropped by island def jam the second week after her album tanked.. joe aint getting dropped on a indy. but radio spins is no longer the measuring stick for album sale success.. hanah montana blowing erryone out the water at that bitch is doing stadiums..

side note urb he was released by atlantic... loud was home for terror squad..
    test
  19. kojo

kojo New Member

yeah the industry is rough, ruben studdard, taylor hicks, and katherine mcphee all got dropped already...
    test
  20. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

and danja did about 4 tracks on katherine mcphee album...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.