What's the deal with Heartbreak

Discussion in 'The R&B Haven' started by SimpleMinded, Mar 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SimpleMinded

SimpleMinded New Member

Hey all,
    Having come to this message board a lot, I've used the suggestions here on occasion when buying albums. One recent purchase I made was New Edition - Heartbreak after hearing it proclaimed as a near classic if not A classic on these boards. And all I can say is, what's the deal? It's a good album sure but great? Ehh...

I mean come on... the first few songs in the album sound like such crap, That's the way we're livin, Where it all started? Eh...

While many of the songs are decent (If it isn't love, Not My Kinda girl), there are plenty of albums with a stronger repertoire.

The only tracks I can say with firm conviction are real tight are the four closing songs... of Can You Stand the Rain, Competition, I'm Comin Home, Boyz To Men.

So what's the deal? Can anyone explain what it is about this album that's caused it to get such rave review?
    test
  2. AlmostFamous

AlmostFamous U got a problem?

the main reason they got such a "rave review" as you say is simply b/c its been so long since theyve released anything.... every diehard NE fan figured that they would never release another lp... well guess what they did and it so happened to be exactly what the title of the lp is... a "heartbreak"!! lol
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.