"What's The Best Vocal Mic For Rapping"

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by Mr.BYTCH KILLA, May 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.BYTCH KILLA

Mr.BYTCH KILLA Hater Abolisher

What up Rap Music.com,

My next tool for my studio is a microphone to recording my fat azz vocals.I want yall to give me some recoommendations on the top 3 mics out there today....

I gotta have clear crisp azz sound when recording from a mic.So tell me if u know which mics or the top three today.......Remember Top 3....that it...

Im just trying to get a professional mic for me.....Help a True Gee....Out B.K.

O yea my price range for starters is $100 to $200.....Which best three mics fit in this price range?

........And Motherfucker Its Still No Hataz Allowed......Ha Ha ...Bytch!!!
    test
  2. ThaAphylliate

ThaAphylliate New Member

Alright well you're not going to get the best mic out there, or even in the top three for your budget lolol.....

Maybe the worst three...
    test
  3. Mr.BYTCH KILLA

Well whats the best fukin three then...

well then tell me the best three and there price range nigga....4 real thats all u gotta do.....out
    test
  4. ThaAphylliate

ThaAphylliate New Member

Price range is about 2,000 kiddo; And the best is mostly user preference...
    depending on the engineer...
    test
  5. Mr.BYTCH KILLA

You can have a 2,000 dollar mic and yo music still could sound like shyt...Ive also heard of enginneers have the ability to make a 100 dollar mic sound like a 2,000 dollar mic....

Check yo research pimp I do.....

I think ill get me a Mxl condenser mic for right now and work myself up to get advance mics.....

A 100 dollar to 200 dollar mic should start out my studio just fine in the hood...

I do underground anywayz.....I plan to drop my cd early next year for the streets...

Im out ....B.K.
    test
  6. ThaAphylliate

ThaAphylliate New Member

Check My research? lmao...your an idiot...

I attend the Los Angeles Recording institute for Audio Engineering..
    I can give you studio standard specs...and there mics run 800-2000 bux for most studios...

you aint herd no engineer make a mxl sound flawless...theres a well known saying in our line of work..

shit in, shit out...and the mxl is a shit line..

and you didnt say the best mic to "Start out in the hood" you said the top three mics...in the industry

period
    test
  7. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

nothing under $500 can be considered decent for vocal recording, as far as rap goes anyways

for your budget, go with an AT2020, they're like $100
    test
  8. Mr.BYTCH KILLA

I really could care less about the fact that you go to school for producing but I really dont give a fuck .....Dont mean shyt to me pimp at all.....

U dont gotta go to school to learn about this game so your the idiot motherfucker,.....

I going to buy a mxl top of the line mic and watch you here my name around again and again...Ha Ha ....U dont know me ......At all...Ha Ha ....

See ya in other threads bastard!!...Calling me a idiot......He got to school and still cant produce a hit....Ha Ha ....Outty leaving the scene smoke out and cloudy......
    test
  9. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

mxl mics are garbage....if you want top of the line, you're looking at this:

Neumann u47 FETI
    http://cgi.ebay.com/NEUMANN-U47-fet...ryZ64449QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    if it sells for under $5000 i'd be suprised

Brauner VMA
    http://mercenaryaudio.com/braunervma.html
    $8500

Microtech Geffel UM900
    http://mercenaryaudio.com/migeumtphtum.html
    $4500

Neumann M49
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Matched-Neumann...ryZ64449QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    they're at $11,000 for a pair, which is an average price

welcome to pro audio
    test
  10. Mr.BYTCH KILLA

Ok a at2020 huh?Do they have one just a lil step up around 150 to 200 dollars?
    Where can i find this mic at?

I understand yall on the real big league mics but Im just starting so Ill just have to work my way up in the hood selling my underground music that I make....

One day my paper will able to buy a 1000 dollar mic or something but im gonna do this one day at a time........Yall got that long paper.....and my respect towards yall as producers and rappers.....I just expect the same thats all....

I love this site and im going to be here for a long time .....My rap forum search is over....Thank fellaz I wont buy a mxl now since im on a real rap forum.....In new to making beats but not to rapping.....I plan to produce other artist from the hood and do a lil underground myself....So lets do it pimps......Out...

Respond asap on the best hood mic to buy......Im just starting building my begining studio...
    test
  11. slvicick

slvicick New Member

Re20
    Sm7
    Heil PR20, 30, 40

all of them sound decent to me, wit a nice preamp
    test
  12. Mr.BYTCH KILLA

Thanks man Ill check into these three.....you the only one who responded real with no bullshyt.....I appreciate yo realness pimp..im out....
    test
  13. ThaAphylliate

ThaAphylliate New Member

Correction: You do have to go to school or at least intern to be an audio engineer. This art is more hands on with trial and error and without guidance you pretty much don't have any clue of what you're looking for..

your small minded, with a big ego...hope your skull doesn't break..
    Or maybe it would do us all a favor...
    at any rate...go cop your 200 dollar mic and come back and tell me your gonna go do a glass cutt...

peace
    test
  14. Mr.BYTCH KILLA

What are some good production teaching sites online?Can anyone help me on that I just that some kind of tutor would help me man.....I come to learn not talk shyt over the internet......So ill be willing if anyone would just help get my beat producing off the chain.....Im out

Ill pay a motherfucker to teach me....Fuck wit me....
    test
  15. NNAphylliate

NNAphylliate New Member

If you really want to invest in your skill get at me son. I'll write you tutorials for CEP or whatever multi track sequencer you use for 15.00 bux a pop. The tutorials will be 3-4 pages long on the fundamentals of mixing, eq'ing, pre and post production...

Aim = NNAphylliate
    test
  16. Mr.BYTCH KILLA

Naw pimp Im going to chill ....Im looking for a web site and ill pay...that established with lots of other students online ...Do u know of any web site online?

U wanna help me u can start by doing that....out

But I may still fuck with you on some one on one learning....If that Kool?

Y u at it post a reply on my M-Audio interface Thread will you....I wanna see how real you are....Do me a favor....Help me...Out...Im willing to listen and learn...
    test
  17. Civilian2004

Civilian2004 New Member

are you just recording your own vocals or will you be recording other types of voices too?
    test
  18. Mr.BYTCH KILLA

I will be recording other rappers vocals also in the future as well as my own voice....Why u ask playa...?
    test
  19. ThaAphylliate

ThaAphylliate New Member

^^

Because every body's voice sounds different on the same mic...
    Your boys voice might sound good on an MXL and your wont..or vice versa...
    this goes with all mics...
    test
  20. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

none of those would ever be my first choice for hip hop recordings....

an re20 or sm7 might be something i'd put up, but definitely wouldn't be the first thing i'd reach for
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.