What's so good about smoking weed?

Discussion in '420Lounge' started by BoDi, Nov 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Paper Chase-

-Paper Chase- alwaysgotberrybluetoblow

I hate how you faggots always say that..'you're trying to fit in and be cool'..who the fuck are you to judge why people smoke weed..very few people would actually smoke weed, knowing they don't like it, just to seem cool..and those people are fuckin idiots..we smoke weed because we like gettin high..straight up, it's a great feeling..something you've never experienced so how the fuck can you judge us..plus your whole arguement is flawed..you drink yet you want no part in anything that effects your neurotransmitters? hahaha..fuckin idiot..you also believe weed often leads to violent acts..where are you gettin this from? weed brings people together..weed leads to munchies, and mellowed out people..the drugs you're thinking of that lead to violent acts are probably PCP..shit like that..which is nothing like weed

Faggot trying to come into the 420 Lounge and hate on something he knows nothing about..eat a dick
    test
  2. Metaphoracle

Metaphoracle Blunted on the MV-8000

you just sound like a bitch, and people who smoke to fit in or be cool are bitches too, lightweights as well.
    test
  3. ~Eloquent

~Eloquent Narcissistic....

i never did it to fit in
    and really people that dont smoke arent missin out on shit
    but i like it,
    it relaxes me,
    maybe i would quit in the future
    with certain circumstances
    but now,im cool
    i like to smoke
    i dont really drink
    i like to smoke,listen to music
    write poetry
    smokin does expand the creativity in your mind

i do waste some money on the weed though
    its aight though
    ive gained alot of weight since i started smokin heavy

yea,the feds will always find a way to pinpoint out the drug dealers
    but im not a drug dealer,
    and very rarely would i be seen holdin alot of weight,i just buy a little personal,i dont deal
    i could give a fuck less if its legal or not,
    alcohols legal and it destroys people,
    so thats not really a valid point

i like to smoke though,
    shit whats wrong that someone likes to get high chill back and relax

shit,are we hurting anyone,
    no im not

weed smokers are some cool ass people,
    laid back motha fuckas

until they start doin coke and all that,
    man ive seen that happen to my friends

but yall do you

i dont see anything wrong with smokin
    test
  4. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

Alright let me step in this.
    Bodi, you have every right to your opinion, but you have NO right to criticize others because they have different beliefs. If you don't smoke, thats fine. I couldn't care less. Good for you. But to come on here and say some shit like "you have a psycological disorder" for disagreeing is simply wrong and proves your ignorance. Worry about yourself, we're fine. Plus, I noticed a lot of ignorant people throwing all types of shit out, like "I've never smoked weed but I am still opposed to every aspect and everyone that uses it". This is obviously naive, and you should not hate on the drug so much unless you have a logical reason to, and unless you have tried it so you KNOW what your saying is true, and can actually have a backed up opinion. There is so much propoganda and fallacies out there about marijuana, that to hate on the drug so much without trying it is ignorant and simple minded. If you choose not to smoke, thats totally fine, but you can NOT go and worry about others who use it, especially without trying it yourself.
    test
  5. BoDi

BoDi www.iambodirock.com

DID YOU MISINTERPRET MY POST WHERE I SAID I DO NOT DRINK A LOT?

To quote myself I clearly said: I have drank before, yes. Do I drink a lot...no. Even occasionally no

MatchGhost - Why are so many people in prison for marijuna if it's so great?

Read this:

In the short term Marijuana hinders concentration and slows reaction times, so is a dangerous drug when using machinery or driving. High doses of Marijuana can cause hallucinations and other sensory problems.Nausea and vomiting can occur, especially if inexperienced users take too much Marijuana. The effects the following day are often less than after heavy drinking - no headaches or nausea, just a Marijuana "woolly-head".

Death is unknown except from accidents after Marijuana . However, 140,000 people are admitted to US hospitals every year because of Marijuana abuse, mainly with mental health problems.That's one in every 140 Marijuana users. Physical dependency on Marijuana does not occur, but smoking Marijuana in tobacco will of course result in nicotine addiction.

Brain activity is reduced in the cerebellum in regular Marijuana users when intoxicated, while the orbitofrontal cortex and basal ganglia are stimulated.These effects do not occur in first time users, and explain the clumsiness together with psychologically addictive effects of regular Marijuana use.

Marijuana causes an acute and with regular heavy use, a subacute encephalopathy (damage to brain cells - some viruses do the same). There is no evidence (yet) of irreversible cerebral damage resulting from its use, although impairment of information processing might be a long-term consequence of prolonged use.

So all of you are saying that it's okay for 140,000 people to die each year? Think of the number if it was legal. No excuse for people to be driving high.

All taken from http://searcht.aimhome.netscape.com...://www.globalchange.com/drugs/TADChapter5.htm

Also, the point of this thread was originally for me to "try" to understand why people smoke weed, hence the title, "What's so good about smoking weed?" I really wasn't trying to knock it. I was just stating the facts and why I do not condone it.
    test
  6. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

well i could find you articles written by canadian scientists that state people driving on weed are not a danger and that if anything it makes you more careful..
    test
  7. Snikka

Snikka Vision Action Execution

tell this kid to shut the fuck up.... all his personal opinionated bullshit

everyone above me basically covered the issue

I see no reason to bother typing up a paragraph to defend somthing that ignorant bitches want to discuss.
    test
  8. Ninja Kid

Ninja Kid AKA Jae Keeps

more people dont smoke than do, so if we were trying to fit in, wouldnt we not smoke?

(idiot)...
    test
  9. Ben Official

Looking past the slight ignorance you have shown and disrespect for others opinions, I will try to answer your original question. I'm sure everyone has their own reasons for smoking, but my main reason is that I like the feeling and mood that it puts me in, kind of like a quick fix. I really recommend you try it at least once so you can form a logical belief for yourself and not base it off of what some website is saying, because there is little proof that what they are saying is true. I like smoking because it tends to make whatever I do more interesting, and I also use it when writing songs because of the enhancement of creativity that it provides. I also love the process of rolling blunts, I don't know why, but its always been fun to me. I am additced to it, but not in a bad way. I am addicted in the sense that I love smoking weed and see no reason to stop, as I enjoy the experience that I have when I smoke it. I'm addicted just as Michael Jordan was addicted to basketball, like Eminem is addicted to rap, etc. I didn't read the article you posted but I am sure I have heard all the points before, as I am a weed expert.
    test
  10. BoDi

BoDi www.iambodirock.com

lol, first you structured that sentence so incorrectly, it took me 3 times to understand what you were trying to convey.

and you are wrong. 55.5% of 18-25 yr olds in America (based on study in 2002) have smoked weed. out of that percent, guess how many did it again?

please do not speak about issues you know nothing about. at least i present FACTS along with my opinions.

and Treasures - please excuse my statements prior to this post. i presents facts along with my opinion. it may not seem like i respect those who smoke, i do, i'm just so conformative to the laws, regardless their value. anyway, i cannot try weed even if i wanted to because i do wish to join the FBI or some federal agency. and although it's said that weed stays in 7 yrs or less or whatever, the FBI can still trace even the smallest amount of marijuana in a person. so that's why i've never tried it and don't wish to.

at least one person answered my original question appropriately.

AND LASTLY, not necessarily to PROVE anything, but just to state, this is what I found on the washingtontimes.com website:

Nearly 80 percent of young people who are arrested use illegal drugs or alcohol, but fewer than 4 percent receive substance abuse treatment, says a new study.

With that being a mere fact, what does this say about marijuana? Cops don't just arrest people knowing they've smoked weed; these youths must have committed delinquent acts of violence, therefore, simply backing up my statement or opinion that marijuana along with other illegal drugs are dangerous.

Thank You.
    test
  11. DoubleA

DoubleA YOUR TEAM SUCKS!!!

Please tell me someone read this:

and then at the end of his shit:

Learn to read homey
    140,000 people GO TO THE HOSPITAL FROM WEED, USUALLY WITH MENTAL HEALTH PROBLEMS!!!! IT DOES NOT SAY THEY DIE!!!! I'M HIGH AS SHIT RIGHT NOW AND I NOTICED THIS. AND YOUR STRAIGHTEDGE ASS DIDN'T!!!! YOU JUST KILLED YOURSELF STUPID!!!! GOOD NIGHT!!!!
    fuckin wannabe supercop
    test
  12. Ninja Kid

Ninja Kid AKA Jae Keeps

it was 55 percent of people who have smoked weed, i no PLENTY of people that have only smoked 2-3 times in their entire life, so theres no way that the total percentage of kids that smoke pot on a regular basisis over 50 percent. and plus 18-25 is still just 18-25 year olds, thats not the total population. fuck you...
    test
  13. MatchGhost

MatchGhost New Member

because the certain industries want it illegal.
    and you're statements aren't even supported by your sources. You said 140,000 people die in car accidents related to marijuana each year. (not true). When your source said 140k people are admitted to hospitols for mental health issues (which most were against thier will because they got caught with weed so they had to go to detox.

You Don't Even Read The Facts That Your Present.
    Many of the facts in that article you provided supports weed.

AND THE FBI WILL TAKE YOU IF YOU SMOKE WEED!!!!
    If the president can smoke weed (george washington, bill clinton etc., GWB got caught with cocaine) then they will let you in the FBI.
    I have talked to police officers and asked if you can be a police officer if you smoked weed in your youth, and he said of course, most police officers have smoked weed before. They understand that its something people do and they let you be a police officer if you smoked weed before.

You really need to get your facts straight.

Your just embarrassing yourself.
    test
  14. MatchGhost

MatchGhost New Member

And by the way did you ever check how many people that day from alcohol every year?

It's so many.

Especially when compared to the zero deaths caused by weed.
    test
  15. Ben Official

Dawg, 7 years? Where are you getting your facts from? THC stays in your system for up to a month, and thats like maximum. 7 years? I'd like to see the place you got that from, they are probably providing more of these false facts.
    test
  16. MatchGhost

MatchGhost New Member

you wrong on that kid
    they can detect it up to 30 years after you do it through your hair follicles.
    that kind of test is expensive though and not done for your normal job because to be honest they dont care if you smoked weed before, but your a liability to the company if your smoking weed on the job
    test
  17. MatchGhost

MatchGhost New Member

Drug Group
    Time Range

Alcohol 24 hours or less
    Amphetamines 1 to 5 days
    Barbiturates Short-acting: 1 to 5 days
    Long-acting (Barbital, Phenobarbital): 1 to 3 weeks
    Benzodiazepines Short-term Therapeutic Use: 1 to 5 days
    Long-term / Chronic Use: 1 to 3 weeks
    Cocaine 1 to 5 days
    LSD 1 to 5 days
    Marijuana (THC) Casual Use: 1 to 10 days
    Long-Term / Chronic Use: 1 to 4 weeks
    Note: THC, marijuana's primary active ingredient, is stored by the body in fatty lipid tissue. From there, it is slowly released into the bloodstream for up to several weeks - depending on the amount and frequency of use and the user's level of physical activity. In chronic and physically inactive users, THC may accumulate in fatty tissues faster than it can be eliminated. This accumulation leads to longer detection periods for these individuals. Also, users with a high percentage of body fat in relation to total body mass are prone to longer drug detection periods for marijuana.
    MDMA (Ecstasy) 1 to 7 days
    Methadone 1 to 7 days
    Methamphetamines 1 to 7 days
    Opiates 1 to 8 days
    PCP (Phencyclidine) Casual Use: 1 to 10 days
    Long-Term / Chronic Use: 1 to 4 weeks
    Note: PCP is stored by the body in fatty lipid tissue. From there, it is slowly released into the bloodstream for up to several weeks - depending on the amount and frequency of use and the user's level of physical activity. In chronic and physically inactive users, PCP may accumulate in fatty tissues faster than it can be eliminated. This accumulation leads to longer detection periods for these individuals. Also, users with a high percentage of body fat in relation to total body mass are prone to longer drug detection periods for PCP.
    test
  18. Ben Official

Yeah, but do you really think the FBI or whatever he joins would do these types of tests? I'm talking about piss. Thats what they test.
    test
  19. MatchGhost

MatchGhost New Member

the FBI is not gonna care, people who work for the government are the lazyest people ever. they don't work and they get paid our tax money thier not gonna care if this kid smoked weed before, as long as hes not a current user
    test
  20. BoDi

BoDi www.iambodirock.com

okay, 140,000 people admitted to the hospital. i did not mean to say they "died." i'm not perfect okay, geez. i believe you all know what i was getting at.

and as far as the FBI. i've been on their website and it says they do an "extensive background check."

oh well. i have my opinion on the matter. looks like it's me v.s. rapmusic.com on this subject so whether my facts are true or not i won't stand a chance in any argument. but there are those who have to be for it and those that have to be against it. i happen to be against it. BIG DEAL.

pz
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.