Whats keeping you from buying......

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by LiQuiD6, Mar 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

a Wii

Ps3

or Xbox 360

???
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    for me.....

I had my chance to play the wii for about a week or two...loved wii sports...i dont see any other reason atm to own one other then wii sports with my woman.....other then that....there isnt much too look forward too...metroid prime 3....i didnt like the gamecube ones......the new mario looks promising...and smash brothers...but those are really far away

ps3...I dont see any reason to own one other then resistance....and since i have so many other fps games on 360...its just not exciting right now to own a ps3...metal gear may change my mind.....im not a fan of turn based japanese rpg's....I dislike sony's current online system...and I have to see what they do with the fake version second life called home...

360...i own one....
    test
  2. i Luv Da Cock

i Luv Da Cock TRU "GINGER" KID

no money

lol

if i had the funds i'd get all 3

im not one of those stuck up cult hardcore gamers who only stick to one company
    test
  3. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

wii - Not sure if it's a gimmick yet. Zelda looks mighty dope on it, and the boxing on wii sports is intrigueing. If they make a fight night i might cop.

ps3 - No games and it's overpriced. I'd only get it for the exclusives, every game that's 3rd party i can get on my 360

360 - I'm pissed off they putting out a newer version and not allowing me to upgrade or something for an hdmi port. So i might put my shit on ebay to cop the new one.
    test
  4. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

yo whats your aim?
    test
  5. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

onborrowedtimelp

litterally haven't been on it in months....

whats good?
    test
  6. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

Wii- I'm not mesmerized by the gimmicky controller and the sucky games. I'm sorry..but nintendo seems to market moreso to kids. The game lineup sucks...I'm not even worried about graphics...the games just arn't interesting...and the decent ones..I can play for 360 with better graphics..etc.

PS3- The game lineup is HORRIBLE...the system itself costs an arm and a leg....the graphics are no more impressive than Xbox 360......Only way I'll buy this system is if it comes down to about at least $250....Metal Gear 4 probably won't make me buy this system. I refuse to buy a system for one game....or a couple at that

Xbox 360- I own one...it's decent...I just want to see better games from this as well....but..I've enjoyed it when I actually do play it.
    test
  7. i Luv Da Cock

i Luv Da Cock TRU "GINGER" KID

^uh no, Nintendo has and always had quality exclusive games. Yes their main target are younger kids, yes the controller is gimmicky, but Nintendo probably offers the most unique gaming experience right now out of the three. All their exclusives are fun to the death without resorting to sheer gore or sex or some other typical adult male mysoginist bullshit.
    Why you associate "family-friendly" games with "sucky" games is beyond me, but that's ignorant. And what "decent ones" are u talking about that you play on360 with "better graphics" exactly? Because I certainly don't think the Wii's greatest releases like Metroid or Smash Brothers will ever come out for the 360.

As for PS3, to slam this system right now for having such a limited line up is some dumb ass shit. I personally think it's king of the fighting/action games right now, you got one of the greatest fighting games ever made Tekken 5 Dark Ressurection available to download at budget price, Tekken 6 is coming out later this year, Virtua Fighter 5, Resistance, Fight Night 3, Def Jam Icon, Resistance, MotorStorm, and NHL 2k7 all got good/great reviews...then you still got upcoming releases like KillZone, Lair, Heavenly Sword, God of War 3, TNA Impact, Grand Theft Auto 4, The Elder Scrolls 4, Resident Evil 5, and Devil May Cry 4...not to mention Assassin's Creed looking fucking amazing....if anything, PS3 has the HIGHEST potential right now out of the 3 and probably into the next 5 years of the next-gen lifespan.

On to the 360, everyone on this board seems to fucking own one like they spent all their dough on the first next-gen system they can find. It's ridiculous. Everyone in America copped a 360 and didn't even give a shit about the PS3 nor the Wii. That same type of American consumer mentality where you "GOtta have it NOW! Gotta buy it NOW! NOW! NOW! BRAND NEW! OWN IT NOW!" bull shit is pretty damn pathetic, because it seems like most of you who went and got a 360 just rushed the fuck out this nigga and blew your cash on whatever's new. You didn't even TRY or gave a SHOT to the Wii or the PS3, so how the fuck can u judge which system is better?
    test
  8. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

I didn't cop a 360 till last summer, after everything was announced with launch titles ect. Ps3 was looking horrible and it was between that and the 360. Wasn't like when i bought the dreamcast...lol

I judged all 3 without playing any, and came to the conclusion that 360 was the best buy. And i still haven't been convinced on the ps3, i'd probably get a wii since it's hte cheapest
    test
  9. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

Dude...everything I stated is MY OPINION on the situation. I really don't care abt Metroid and Smash Brothers...honestly..if I wanted to play those games...I'd get them for my gameboy advance. I'm tired of Tekken....Resistance sucks...Gears of War was ALOT better....Fight night 3...I played on PS2...it sucked.....Def Jam Icon..played it on 360...it sucked.....Motorstorm sucks....NHL 2k7...I could play on 360....Killzone..I could play on PSP........God of War 3..could play on PS2....GTA4..coming out for 360......Elder Scrolls is out for 360....RE5 and DMC4 are coming out for 360....you haven't named one single EXCLUSIVE title that would make someone NEED not WANT to own a PS3....not to mention that the games or hard to develop for.

Concerning 360...I bought it a year after launch....it's not a bad system at all. I saw Wii.,.I saw and heard all about PS3 and let me tell u....for 600 bucks..u might as well cop a 360......PS3's graphics are either on par with 360 or less glamorous. I'm not a fanboy like some people...I own both sony and microsoft products....I just think Sony screwed themselves this time around. They lost a SHITLOAD of exclusives...thats all I'm saying....the playing field is more level...360 is cheaper..has better titles .,..PLUS former PS3 exclusives.
    test
  10. Embassy Sweetz

Embassy Sweetz 360's thee-shit,-b

dog u can look at the reviews and tell the wii has a shitty lineup...nintendos 1st party games are great ( zelda, mario etc) but right now the wii has nothing more tha zelda and 45-56894667567 mini-games...and thats it...so theres no reason to buy one...and there WONT be a legit reason to but one is until mario galaxy or smash bros comes out..and thats nto till this fall...and who knows when another zelda will come out...right now the controller is the only reason peiopel are even mentioning that system cuz the current game lineup is pretty weak in variety...

dude..half...literally HALF those games u mentioned are either

1) on the 360 currently, and have been for months.a year

2) coming out the same time as the ps3 version

so your argument is lame...there is no reason to spend an extra $200 on the ps3 right now...

u foriegners need to shut the fuck up...really...its just stupid...dont act like we are the ONLY country that went out and bought the new systems on day one..they sold out EVERYWHERE and will sell out in europe as well. stop generalizing americans over dumb shit...also the 360 is right in the middle..thats why its doing so well...its not too cheap but not too expensive...it doesnt have the best graphics but it def doesnt have the worst...and it has the largest library of games . so of COURSE more people will have that system now..its a safe bet..the other 2 are still in limbo and are still waiting to reach there potential...who buys a system for a list of games that MIGHT come out soon..thats stupid...also you'll notce no one here mentioned that they bought a 360 at launch...most of them said they waited until they saw the games coming out for all 3 systems...

and its just a fact...the ps3 and wii library CANNOT compare to the 360s at the moment...people buy systems to play GAMES...not to POTENTIALLY play games...when the other 2 companies get thier shit together and start putting out games THEN we'll see how this balances out...until then the 360 is the safe bet and actually HAS games out people want to play.
    test
  11. WWIII

WWIII It has begun...

I enjoy the Wii, but it's all a matter of opinion.
    I love my xbox 360, only minor complaints about that. I wish I didn't get screwed out of the new model... It always happens to me though. I get the system when it first comes out and always miss out on something.

I don't have a PS3. The reasons being I was just put off by the system. The price, everything I'd heard about it and then the clincher was the limited availability. I was going to get one eventually, but now even that is fading. They keep losing their exclusives..
    test
  12. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

WII - I just don't want one. It's a commendable effort and I play my mates one and the one down the pub, but it's more of a 'communal' thing for me.

PS3 - Money. It's way too expensive and there's nothing on it. I'm not ruling out buying one, I will buy one when the prices drop because there will be new exclusives once Sony sort their act out.

I'm not nerdy enough to stick to one brand because of it's PR image.
    test
  13. Matt Hood

Matt Hood New Member

I own a 360, DS lite and a Wii.

I'm fixing to buy a PS3 if i can get it at the price I think I'm getting it at, 60 gb for $350.00 + tax.
    test
  14. Sun Zoo

Sun Zoo Speech is my Hammer

Wii- Still not convinced it isn't a gimmick

PS3- money, plus waiting for more games to come out and graphics to improve

360- money...

right now I don't have enough money to buy any next gen system, and I won't for at least a year, probably longer. So I'll wait. My guess is that when the time does come, I'll buy the PS3. Here's why:

--I don't really care about big name, 3rd party exclusives. Obviously, we've seen that these are going to be ported, and in a year or two I don't see ps3 or 360 really having any difference in terms of these.

--BUT, I prefer Sony's in-house developers to Microsoft's, and in the past couple years Sony has snatched up a lot of incredible independent development companies and made them part of the in-house team. I think that in the next 2 or 3 years we're going to start seeing even more incredible stuff from Sony's in-house developers, and those obviously won't be ported to 360.

--since sony has a bigger following in Japan than microsoft, the PS3 is likely to get the occasionally quirky Japanese import that won't get ported to 360 because its limited appeal in the states makes it a waste of money to take the time to port it. However, I believe there will be some of these games I want to play (for an example of what I'm talking about, see Katamari Damacy for PS2)

--PS3s online is free. Given that the new Premium Xbox is going to cost like $100 less than the premium PS3, and given that XBox live costs $50 or $100 a year (I forget which), it doesn't really save me any money to get an Xbox, and in fact, it may cost me money in the long run.

--I'm going to weep like a schoolgirl if I don't get to play God of War 3 when it comes out, but I don't give a shit about Halo 3.

--oh also, PS3s graphics should be better than 360s within a couple years, once developers get a handle on it...obviously graphics get better as developers learn how to better pimp the system, but the PS3 has a bad dev kit (or so I've heard) which I would imagine has led to an even slower start (graphics wise) than usual.
    test
  15. Atom React

Atom React aka JAYO

prices mainly

i prefer the 360 when it comes to next gen systems so thats what i copped

if i had the money id try them all out
    test
  16. J2COOL

J2COOL May da coolness b wit u

I taking my time to buy one of them. Xbox 360 have a great lineup so i may be getting one, PS3 despite limited lineup i may get one if they drop the prices and more games come up, and Wii, I like that system alot and may be the better out of the 2, pricewise and gamewise in my opinion.
    test
  17. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Well, I only want 1 console. There is hardly any console exclusives these days so having 2 systems with nearly identical catologues is pointless. Plus I aint got time for 2 consoles...or rather...I wouldnt want to waste that much time gaming. Plus connecting them both to the internet and all that shit.

To me, I already made my decision, and it was 360. For better or worse, thats what Ima keep. Unless I trade it in, which is doubtful.

Kind of like when you buy a car...whether you like it a month after u got it, your kind of stuck with it for a while.
    test
  18. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Me too. I got mine last June...quite a while after it came out.
    Only reason I got one...I wasnt even into video games at that time except Gamecube Resident Evil games. Well, my friend dragged me in an ebay games and got me to play Fight Night 3 on 360. Shit was dope...so I copped one the next day.

Im not thoroughly happy though. I dont think the 360 lineup is all its cracked up to be, especially when your talking about great games. Mainly all the games are first person shooters, and a couple third person. I dunno. I aint bitching...I just wish they had a bit more variety. Especially in the action genre.
    test
  19. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

my thoughts exactly.
    test
  20. Pyro Tecknik

Pyro Tecknik Harbinger of DOOM

i was going to buy the 360 a few months ago, until iheard rumors that a newer version(hdmi and more importantly, more memory and less noise and better cooling system) was coming out. so i'm waiting on that right now.

the PS3, obviously the price...and lack of worthwhile games. but really, after looking at what i would have to get for the 360(hd dvd player and acessories)...the 360 comes to about the same price as the ps3. so maybe as soon as the ps3 fixes some of it's glitches/problems, it's lineup builds up, and maybe the price lowers a bit, i'll get that too.

and the Wii...i could get right now, but is Zelda really worth getting a system for? i see maybe 2-3 games(out of dozens, that have yet to be released even) that i would care to play, but i hear from people that it's still worth it...for it's old school games and Wii sports. i don't know...i might give in eventually. oh, and the system is not a gimmick.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.