What's good for maintenence routine?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Thrizzy, Mar 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thrizzy

Thrizzy 3.T.

Is there such I thing?

I don't recall ever hearing about it.

Is there some sort of minimum reps/set scheme you could devise to maintain size and strength?

Right now I work out 45-60 minutes about 'two days on, one day off', or so.

But in the summer time I will most definitely be busier.

Not only that but I wouldn't mind if I could somehow get away with 30 minutes lifting, 30 minutes cardio while still preserving my muscle and strength.

Anybody know what would help? Maybe some good full body routines? Or splitting my body upper and lower half?
    test
  2. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

honestly, if you do 5 exercises at 5 minutes a piece, with a minute rest between each set, you should be fine with 30 minutes of cardio. don't do excessive cardio, but a moderate rate to keep the heart beating.

i'd do isolation lifting like you're probably already doing.

you can also do bodyweight or resistance, and incorporate different movements. so instead of lifting, do 30 minutes of strenuous yoga for flexibility which will improve strength and promote muscle developement.

stuff like that i guess.
    test
  3. SinLuciano

SinLuciano El Capitan

Do alot of super-sets and even triple sets or circuits. There are also good combination workouts...like military press / squat combo's... where when you come to the top of the military press; place the bar behind your neck like a shoulder press and squat... then back to complete the military press for one rep.

Just gotta do more in less time really. So you probably wouldn't be maxing out alot.
    test
  4. Alias3000

Alias3000 Well-Known Member

30 mins a day, just do this:

50-60 push ups in various hand positions to hit all the chest muscles. (use push up bars to ease wrist pain)..all you need is 50-60 total. 10-15 push ups per postion and move on.

100 situps using medicine ball held between the knees. touch the ball with your chin.

50 scissors chops. keep your legs elevated the whole time. when you finish keep your legs elevated 6inches for about 1 minute then relax

100 jumping jacks to increase heart muscle activity and blood flow.

done. use this routine to start your day or before you go to bed. get results
    test
  5. Gwame

Gwame no luckycharms in ireland

Push-ups, pull-ups, squats... Those three exercise will work just about every muscle, and at the very least, every muscle group.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.