What's been going on in your lives?

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by skandelous_lala, Apr 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. straight_evil

straight_evil Mrs. Sole

We're moving to Texas this August. It's only one state away but it's going to be really hard to adjust, especially because I've been here for 8 years and it's the longest time I've been anywhere. I'll only have 2 more years of school and then hopefully I'll be off to college, so it's going to be hard to stay in touch with everyone here.
    test
  2. mama21

mama21 panama-red@blackplanet

work wise things seem to be going pretty well.i have this thought that i would like to do something extra now either a part time job, or starting something different to make extra money now. i had a talk wth my best friend/cousin about it..she should be coming back to new york soon just to visit but she has other things to take care of so maybe when he somes we could get more in depth with it.it's like everyone around me is doing something else not just one hustle , i need to do something quick especially now. i keep hearing not get a part-time just go back to school which is what i'm planning on doing next september. i came back from visiting my mother at the hospital she had a bad infection, so she'll be in there for a while. i guess taking out for mother's day is out of the picture. like i told her we brought her birthday to her, she was in there also..we will bring mother's day to her as well,hopefully everything goes well.i'm going back to see her soon, i'm just trying to stay strong right now, i can't break down.
    test
  3. skandelous_lala

skandelous_lala back from the dead

Congrats on the move! It will be hard, as I have been there, but I think you will realize that "home" is never that far away. I hope you do anyways. It makes things much easier.

It can be hard to stay in touch with people..but phone calls and especially emails when you don't have time for calls are the best way for letting people know you care. I think though, that I actually stayed better in touch with people when I lived away from them all than I do know when I live within an hour or so of them all lol

Wishing you plenty of happy moving vibes!

Nikki..sorry to hear about your mom. At least you can go see her though and bring mother's day to her. I'm sure that will make her very happy to have you guys there with her on Sunday.

Girls..I am finally finished with my 1st year of college...weeee..I made it through lol...only like a ton more to go lol

I wanna get my hair cut this weekend..I need a change. I figure now is the time to experiment with something different since I'm out of classes for the summer and I won't be forced to go to class looking all funky if I do something I don't like to it lol
    test
  4. MiSt_Of_CoNfUsIoN

MiSt_Of_CoNfUsIoN Ray of Sunshine

Congrats Lala!! Go do something different with your hair.. and pick up a cute hat just in case. lol
    test
  5. FukkedUPKidR

FukkedUPKidR Guest

awesome.. i just found out i WILL be living in spain for that month of july. i'm sure the family i'm with will be great
    test
  6. mama21

thank you she's hanging in there..hope everything goes right with that haircut..take it easy..
    test
  7. Renny9900

Renny9900 The army's musical genius

It has been a REALLY long time since I was last on the board. LIfe has changed so much over the past year and a half :)

So, I'm back in Washington State after living in New Hampshire for 7 months. I went to Keene State College for a semester, and intended on returnign this past fall, but they screwed me over ... really screwed me. I was homeless for about 2 weeks. lol

I moved back to WA in September, and went on active duty in October. I've been working like crazy since then. I moved into an apartment with a roomate. I have a little black truck now that I drive all over the place.

I just got a haircut which I really like. (My first haircut ever). I've been saving my money from working for these 3 main things: Laptop, new violin, better vehicle. My violin should be arriving some time today... my laptop is being built now and will be shipped on the 16th, and my father signs the truck over to me tonight, so I'm sitting pretty!

My love life is non existant. lol After the end of my two year relationship, I just couldn't imagine hooking up with anyone> I tried to flirt and hang out with this guy who's sweet and cute, but my heart is still healing. I'm working on building myself now.

I start school again in the fall. I'll be going to Central Washington University and I'm really excited about it!

That's basically me in a nutshell. My rollercoaster life never ceases to amaze me. I hope you all are well!
    test
  8. MiSt_Of_CoNfUsIoN

Holy crap, girl! Its good to hear about whats going on with you! I'm glad that things are looking up in your world.
    test
  9. PinkcHica

PinkcHica hip hop addict

My grandfather is in the hospital. He went in for ammonia and on thursday his body just like shut down. Everything started failing. He's on a Dialysis Machine right now and has all of these tubes coming out of every direction. I just saw him last week and he was up and talking to me asking me how school was. Now the doctors are telling us that he's not going to live. It really hasn't hit me yet because i just saw him last week and he was fine. My dad isn't taking it so well. He's the kind of person who acts like everything is fine when everyone knows he's a mess. Tomorrow around 3 they're taking him off the machines to see if he can make it without it. I don't think it's going to hit me for awhile because the man in the hospital looks nothing like my grandpa. He's lost so much weight. I can't even sit in ICU and look at him. I don't take things like this well. :-( it's just a really bad time for my family.

I haven't really slept too good since thursday. :-/ i'll be ok. I've been trying to keep my mind on other things right now like getting a new job so I won't dwell on it but it's hard.
    test
  10. Short2003

Short2003 AbsoluteHotness

Awe Pink Chica, I wish you and your fam the best..
    test
  11. MarQuise*

MarQuise* Can You Hear Me*

first off good thread =)

And hmm, i dont post too much on the boards anymore, let alone here..

Well for me, life has been messy as of late, but thas cool coz im alwayz smiling anyway, not brushin my problems aside, but smiling thru shit, coz i cant be bothered with lettin shit get to me, although im no super woman, and damn shit does get me down at times...

Hmmm, so yea ive had highs and lows, rite now i got guys problems, i liked som1, he liked me, we had so many things in common, it was a lil too freaky at the things we had in common, and then the bomb shell dropped that he didnt know if he felt the same and ohhhh it all got messy, cant b bothered to go in to it too much, but yea, rite now im jus not talkin 2 him which is fine by me, coz aint no man breakin my heart lol!, let him realise that he missin out... *i dont let these men GET ME DOWN lol*

Hmm, family life is good, althou stress occurs from money... i aint got a job =( my parents provide for me, they hav alwayz given me everythin in life, they never wanted me to work and shit, but now its like they dont mind, and now i cant fukin find a job lolllll...

I finish my first year at University 2moro, which is mad exciting coz im about ready to relax now!

And whooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooo, i cant think of no more, coz thas a shit load for now =)
    test
  12. MiSt_Of_CoNfUsIoN

You're grandfather is in my prayers, Pink.. I went through something pretty similar w/ my grandfather a couple years ago..Stay by his side as much as you can, you'll treasure those moments as uncomfortable as they may seem now.
    test
  13. devilkitty

devilkitty New Member

Wow...so much happening with people! Best of luck to everyone!!!

In my life...some of the high points include that I'm moving to TN to be with my boyfriend...we'll see how things work out and there's definitely a back up plan in place. I'm working at a teacher's assistant in special ed and absolutely love it.

Some of the low points....my parents aren't too thrilled about my boyfriend...they see too many differences and aren't willing to be openminded...their choice. my brother's been going through rough times with the wife. finances are always a low point lol.

overall though...i'm happy. i'm in love. i'm enjoying life. that's all that matters to me.
    test
  14. skandelous_lala

skandelous_lala back from the dead

I still haven't done anything with my hair..don't know what the fuck I'm waiting for lol. I need a place that I can trust w/o forking over 50 bucks just for a hair cut. Hopefully this weekend. I found a couple of these cute hair wrap things at Meijers that have been tiding me over for now. Still not sure what I want done with it. Wish I had nice thick hair lol

FukkedUPKidR....yay for spain! Always wanted to go there..will probably never happen in the near future lol... but when you I would love to hear about your experiences and see pics [teet]

Renny...wow to see you back here! Welcome back! Congrats on starting classes! I wish you well in everything.

PinkcHica.... Hun..I'm so sorry =( I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

MarQuise*.... Congrats on finishing your first year of university. Like I said above I just did the same and it is a huge accomplishment..I don't care what nobody says lol Sorry about the guy troubles...it sucks when somebody doesn't feel the same way that you feel. If you need to vent..we're here!

Soleil..I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying life. It's great to hear that you are generally happy with what is going on with your life. Not everybody gets that luxery. =)

As for me..life threw me another curveball. I got home tonight and my man told me there was a message on the machine from my best friend...she is saying that she is planning on moving to West Virginia. I feel a bit lost right now...
    test
  15. Short2003

I been feeling like shit lately..Im totally stuck in a rut right now and it's driving me insane... I'm so bored of doing the same shit everyday.. I went to bed last night turned the dishwasher on and now there is a fresh load waiting to get put away and some dishes ready to be re-loaded again...Before I go to bed tonight there will be another load to be washed and put away... Same shit with the laundry, there is a load to be folded in the laundry basket and a load in the dryer ready to come out and a few loads ready to go in.. Yeah, I know that's life but damn it so fucking boring with the same shit everyday, I feel like I dont accomplish anything.. And it's making it probably 10 x's worse b/c I hate the place i'm living in.. I have moving to look forward too sometime in the next few months hopefully but I'm kept in the dark about that b/c the people we are moving with are selling their house and the house is owned by 2 couples.. One couple doesn't think its any of our business to know what is going on with the selling process and I don't really care but since we ARE moving in with one of the couples it would be nice for us to know atleast when they are planning to put their place on the market so we have sort of an idea as to when we are going to have to prepare for a move.. Like god, Im not asking them about how much money they are getting back or ANYTHING like that, just a round about date would we fucking nice.. And I really don't like the hours they have me working at my job.. I rarely get to go out as is, nevermind days like this weekend when there is actually SOMETHING to do and I can't do it b/c Im working on Sunday.. I'm not a fucking robot, I need to have some type of fun..
    Anyways, booooooohooooo im sick of whining, it could be worse and I know this but life just really sucks for me right now.. Normally I don't whine about things but ahhhhh what the hell....lol

Lala, that does suck.. I remember one of my friends moved away a few years ago..She was only about 8 hours away but I felt sorta lost with out her.. Then to top it off he boyfriend who she moved with was abusive started to beat on her daily since she had NO ONE out there.. We ended up all pitching in money so she could move one day when he was at work.. LMAO, classic..That stupid piece of shit.. But anyways, it's sad b/c unless you see that person regularily a friendship is just never the same.. Talking to them on the phone, letters, emails and IM just isn't the same as having them around.. :(
    test
  16. Short2003

Damn, that is a long ass post... Don't even read the first part unless you enjoy hearing people bitch and whining... God..
    test
  17. HughdeMann

HughdeMann New Member

This thread is like, sooooo awesome.

Anyway, the televison's being going on in my life.
    test
  18. sagacious infant

sagacious infant reflecting the sun

It really is nice to see what everyone is up to - it's kind of inspiring. To those completing degrees - CONGRATULATIONS! That's one of the best feelings in the world...after all that hard work...and to those finishing up their first, second, umpteenth year - Congrats to you too! Same sentiment with the hard work manifesting itself into a nice break until you have to jump into it again.

Nikki and Pink, your relatives are in my thoughts and prayers.

Short...! you are in my thoughts and prayers too. There's nothing wrong with whining - as long as it's temporary and not permanent! Damn girl - good luck.

It's really cool to see all the ladies who responded to this post. Stay living =o)
    test
  19. mama21

^thanks again..pink that's the same thing they're saying about my mother she's not going to make it ,she's in icu too they're doing everything they can but don't give up,and don't let those doctors take away the hope you have in you..because like they're talking by way of science but i believe in the higher power,if it's not your time, it's not your time..alright hold your head..

my best friend moved to germany,her husband is in iraq..lala we still kept in touch don't feel lost.she's back in the us now but lives in baltimore..just keep in touch,make travel plans to meet up again when you both have the time, you'll be fine..good luck to everyone and thanks for the prayers, for real.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.