What's been going on in your lives?

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by skandelous_lala, Apr 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skandelous_lala

skandelous_lala back from the dead

I thought it might be sourta fun (or something heh) to just have a thread where we can talk about what's going on with us ladies, in our lives..job, school..ect ect..whatever you feel like sharing. Vent..share...ask for some good vibes or spread some..share something cute your kids did today...ask for some advice..share some....just whatever =)

Just a ladies chat thread =) And maybe a chance for us to get to know each other better if you would like.

What's going on in my world?

I'll be back..gotta finish up a paper at the last moment for a final lol
    test
  2. hand jive

hand jive New Member

hahahaha im a man, take that authority
    test
  3. sagacious infant

sagacious infant reflecting the sun

Highs
    - I've been seeing someone for 4 or 5 months and we haven't driven each other insane.
    - I'm asserting myself at work more and taking more initiative to make things work instead of complaining about how they don't.
    - I'm surrounded by good music - good people - no real complaints.

Lows
    - Not necessarily a low or even my low to own - but two of the students who go to school at my job lost their father in a car accident. The girls haven't been able to see him and they're about to send his body to El Salvador. I went to the wake yesterday - and it was so sad. I cried yesterday - and it was for more than the fact that he died, but the fact that he so selfishly decided to drive drunk and took himself away from two little girls who adored him and depended on him so much. I think the school as a whole is going to help the mother and children out - as well...individuals have be supporting her anyway we can.

...makes me feel obligated to call my father since he's still alive...
    test
  4. Short2003

Short2003 AbsoluteHotness

Alot of stuff has been going on with me, more emotional than anything.. Just waiting to get a place with my in-laws..They are selling their house and we are renting a 2 suite house with them until we get out car paid off, then we are going our seperate ways.. I'm turning into a lazy bitch living in the place we are in now..lol.. It's 2 bedroom, 980 square feet and it's too small for 2 adults and 2 kids, plus it is in horrible condition.. I wake up every morning, do my regular cleaning and it still looks messy b/c it's crowded, the carpets are in shitty condition and the walls need to be painted but my landlord never wants to fix or replace anything...It makes me not even want to lift a finger around here, no matter how much I clean it still doesn't look nice.. It's weird how something like that can affect your daily life.
    I'll be back with more, I gtg right now..lol
    test
  5. Hidden_Poetry

Hidden_Poetry New Member

Short, you just described how I felt before I moved to this place now. It was an apartment, small, very small and cramped. I tried my best to do everything I could to make it look nice, but it was always crowded because like you said, 2 adults and 2 kids have alot of things lol. I was soooooooooo depressed there. We finally moved in Dec 2004 and I couldn't have been happier. The first week we moved I was so motivated. We now have more room. It's still 2 bedroom, but it's got a lot more space, plus it's a duplex, and not a four level apartment building. The boys have a yard, a nice deck to play on with a big sandbox. It's great. But, we have to move again in August because my son's school on is on the other side of town. I hate it. So stupid they won't allow a child to attend the best school because we are in the district of the other. I drive him everyday, it's not like that's a problem. But that's a whole other vent in itself haha ;o)

Right now I'd say life is eh on either side for me. It's got it's up's and down's. Like anyone's I guess.

Sagacious-That's sad. I have such angry towards ppl who choose to drink and drive. I will never understand it. Not only are they risking their own life, but possibly someone's Mother, Father, Son, Daughter....it's just very very sad to hear stories like that. I feel for the children and wife. It's going to be tough. Nice that ppl are steppin up and helping tho.
    test
  6. quruxley

quruxley SHHHHHET MAN!

since that dye job/bad haircut thread..I've been looking at some really cute short hair styles and seriously debating if I should cut my hair or not. It's about halfway down my back/to my elbows in length and the new cuts I'm thinking about are REALLY short.
    ...something along the lines of this..

[​IMG]

It's going to be a drastic change if I do it and actually talking about it now is freaking me out lol.

ah what else..my summers just started..well I'm taking a summer course on witchcraft which I heard is an easy, fun, interesting class...but that shouldnt mess with my summer anyways. I wanna do alot of things...just dont know where to start.

oh and i need a job. =/
    test
  7. FukkedUPKidR

FukkedUPKidR Guest

i cut my hair short.. i was somewhat devastated at first, but i LOVE it now....

school is my life at the moment.. i'm trying to change that. i'm working for elections bc in a couple of weeks, i am living with a family in spain during the month of july.. well, either spain or chile.. weird, because i always thought i wanted to end all things spanish last semester, but i took a chance and kept going.. it's really paying off. i don't know if i'm happy, but i'm okay. i never realized how much i loved my sister until i got a scare last night (she's in jordan).. my dad called to say he had heard something happened..blah blah.. we were overreacting, but i was so terrified..... oh, and my dad..is the best part of my life, yet he's the farthest from it. things are shifting, i'm going to be out of school next january..it's quick, it's sudden.......

now to find out if i'm prepared
    test
  8. skandelous_lala

Sag...congrats on the 4 (or 5 lol) month relationship. Glad to hear you haven't driven each other insane yet. ;) Glad things are going well for you. That's very sad about that girls father. Drunk driving...such a selfish act. I know people to this day who have kids at home and think they'll be okay if they have a drink or 5 and drive home. Not only could they kill their own damn selves, but some other innocent person. Rant over for now.

Short...living with the inlaws?! Eeeps. LOL Ya'll must be able to tolerate each other well. I couldn't imagine..I would go nuts lol

Your living space definitely makes a difference in how you feel though...I have noticed that. The place we lived in we were still in Wisconsin before we moved...something was seriously wrong with that place..it was like things just kept going downhill living there b/c something didn't feel right..yah know? Wierd.
    I like our place now, except I wish it was a little bigger...

Quruxley..that's a cute hair cut! I like it. If I could pull it off I would go for short hair but with my face shape..no way...tried that in the past..ended up in tears and 8 months of bad hair lol And where the heck do you take a summer course on witchcraft? lol Though I must admit that would be intriguing for me.

FukkedUPKidR...when will you know if you'll be going to spain or chile? I have always wanted to go study a summer or semester abroad..doubt I'll ever get the cash to do it though..sure you get credit for doing it...but financial aid isn't usually that generous here lol. Besides..I don't know if I could leave my life here behind for even a summer. That would be hard for me.
    test
  9. skandelous_lala

Okay..the board is blue and grey now...I don't like this lol

Anyways..for me...

Monday is my last exam of the semester. Such a relief. My first year hasn't been easy for me b/c I have been out of the loop for so long. I'm hoping next year is better..a lot better.
    I need a real job over the summer..not looking forward to having to find one of those again..bah!

It's just been basically school. I don't know what I'm going to do after Monday and it's over till August again. Possibly enjoy it though lol

My grandma has to get tested for colon cancer =( I guess she has been having some problems. That's a really scary thought. I love my grandma and have realized that I took it for granted for a long time that her and grandpa would be here for a lot longer but they are both getting up there in age. Grandpa had colon cancer a few years back, he made it though but he's lucky.

Me and Kiowa decided to push our wedding date back. No way would everything be ready for this July like we originally planned. It's okay though, we'll get a new date set here soon. The only thing now that bugs me is if my grandma is sick..well yeah.

Other than that..life has been good. It's had its moments where I've freaked out, but I am happier now than I have been in a while.
    test
  10. Short2003

Short2003 AbsoluteHotness

We get along fairly well but that is only because I don't really tell them when they do something that pissed me off..Currently they own a house with their son and daughter-in-law and they are at each others throats all the time so they decided to move before their relationship got beyond repair.. It seems to me (as an outsider) that when they disagree on something it is the son and daughter-in-law who are in the wrong a majority of the time, so I am not really worried about it b/c I KNOW Im not going to be the way they are. The only thing is they are nosey when it comes to their grandkids, my sis-in-law tells me when they here a scuffle they call or come upstairs and Im NOT having that at all.. I've never had help or someone there overlooking the way I raise my kids and it's just not even gonna go there at all... I have a LONG ASS list of stuff that is gonna get talked about before we all move..I told Alex that if they don't agree to everything I say then it's no deal and Im backing out..He thinks Im being bitchy but I see it takes precaution because I really want this all to work out, I dont wanna get in there and have problems.. I want to have a seperate life from them... We stay up stairs and they do their thing downstairs in their suite..They have no reason to be coming upstairs, they have everything they need down there.
    test
  11. tight-eyes

tight-eyes Such a F*cking Lady!

Highs:
    - got accepted to 2/4 of the universities I applied to... still haven't heard back from all of them yet, though, so it might actually turn out to be 3/4.
    - I'll graduate from my current school in June... didn't even know I qualified for the degree until my counselor pointed it out to me... lol... I had initially just planned to get the credits I needed to transfer to the university, but now I'll be picking up an AA in liberal arts (graduating with honors... *popping my collar*) and a certificate of acheivement in speech communication on my way out.
    - I'm taking better care of my hair, and it shows.
    - I get to do some traveling this summer.
    - I'm about 95% sure that I'll be going to law school after I get my BA (2 more years *sigh*)... took me a while to really think it through... feels good to now be able to start preparing myself.

Lows:
    - my grandfather's doctor gave him 6 months to live... I saw him in the hospital over Easter weekend... he's under 100lbs, that was devastating... y'all, stop smoking them cigarettes!
    - everyone in my house has been getting sick these past few months... I don't get it... I've been to the ER twice since February!
    - I have to start the arduous task of relocating and transitioning into a whole new school system this summer... I'm a person who loves change so a part of that excites me, but blah @ the thought of all time and work that is going to require! I just want to be able to chill over my summer vacation.
    - I need to find a job/internship over the summer... more work! YAY!!!
    test
  12. nOnni

nOnni Active Member

Lifes happenings:

Got word for my police aplication that it arrived late (not surprising concerning me), but they want to keep it on file for the next "intake", or I can retract it and apply to another force.

My manager announced shes leaving on monday, which is a mixture of emotions coz she is like our work moms, and it leaves a vacant spot. So we need to decide do we want an outsider coming in as our manager and changing our "routine", OR, do me and one of my colleagues battle it out and try take the job, either one of us could do it and would support the other, but its confusing.

I passed my driving theory test last week and hopefully within a few more lessons ill sit my practical.
    test
  13. AngeL X

AngeL X Kick Rocks!

-highs-
    I didn't have class today always a plus...
    I'm still with this thing of a boyfriend ...made it to 3yrs...

-lows-
    -Finals next week so the stress factor it truly on.. cuz ri now some classes i really feel like -i'ma need a mircale to pass...
    -Struggling to find a job hopefully i'll land this one at the hospitial.
    I get a break for a week and right back to school i go..lol ( i shouldn't even leave ri)
    -I have no way to eat...lost my id card which cancels out going to the cafe..and i would have to lose the last bit of money i have... soooo i'm just shit outtah luck until i figure out what books i can sell back (majority are my major books n i dont return those) IF they take them back...
    -NOt really something on the downside but i'm tired of my cousin being gullible...and then coming to me tellin me like im suppose to be nice in regards of her feelings. she's been thru it once i shouldn't have to coach her ass thru it anymore. I got bigger shit to worry about...

thas all i can think of goin on in my life...as of today
    test
  14. MiSt_Of_CoNfUsIoN

MiSt_Of_CoNfUsIoN Ray of Sunshine

mmm.. I like these threads.. mostly because I'm nosy as all hell. lol

Good stuff:
    -I'm becoming more social, which for me.. is a big deal. I've been to the club the past two weekends and had a really good time and then spent the next day with friends.
    -As some know.. I bought a new car last month.. (*brags* Its a 2005 Mazda 3s) and I love it, its my baby and i'm over protective as all hell. lol I've already put 1000 miles on it! Yikes!
    -I'm handling my boyfriend being deployed a lot better than I handled him being in boot camp. Its great to realize how much I've grown as an individual.
    -I'm working out quite often now and paying more attention to what I'm eating. I feel better and others say that they can tell, I...dunno about that..lol but ya know.

Bad:
    -Me watching what I eat makes me more "picky" and people get bitchy with me and lecture me about it.
    -My job is great, but we're lacking in patients right now.. so we're struggling to keep the full time hours we have now and thats frustrating.
    -And I, of course, have decided that I DO like the east coast better.. lol which is GREAT timing.. But I know i'll end up back there.

Nothing real serious going on.. Ohh.. I'll add that I got off Depo in January and thats probably one of the best things thats happened to me lately. I didn't realize how depressed I was when I was on it, but now I can totally see the difference..
    test
  15. straight_evil

straight_evil Mrs. Sole

Finally making an A in math and science.
    Worried about taking AP classes next year.
    Making new friends and trying to keep things straight with my old ones.
    Getting ready to make the move.
    Got accepted to SMU's College Experience Program, and I'm nervous and excited at the same time.
    test
  16. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

you gotta make people sick..then you can get more patients....

go into wal mart and spread your germs...
    test
  17. MiSt_Of_CoNfUsIoN

MiSt_Of_CoNfUsIoN Ray of Sunshine

lol I work at a optometrist's office.. I'd have to go around poking people in the eye or something.
    test
  18. kcalb nadroj

kcalb nadroj New Member

I stepped my grades up tremendously, I just moved to a different house today.

I've been smokin alot lately, I also have been getting in contact with old friends.

I've been goin out wit my girl for 6 months now.
    test
  19. hand jive

hand jive New Member

its a woman only thread u cunt, i am only allowed to post coz im an official rebel
    test
  20. skandelous_lala

Short..I think it is perfectly acceptable to have a list of things to be agreed upon before you even move in...in fact I think that is not only acceptable but very smart! That way both parties know what they are getting into before they even get into it. As long as you approach it in a nice way it is NOT being bitchy...if you're going to live w/ them it will be your place as well as yours so I think they need to be open to your expectations as well as you to theirs. Let us know how it goes.

Tights..congrats on the schooling stuff! Where will you be traveling too this summer? I am so sorry to hear about your grandfather. That's sad. I smoke and it's something that constantly weighs on my mind... like I need to stop before I kill myself. I don't want anybody I love going through pain b/c I choose to do something retarded. I need to find a way to stop again. I quit for a couple months before. The biggest help was b/c I had a support group thing..it was online but nonetheless it was so helpful to check in there every day. I need to find one again.

Angel...Congrats on 3 years..that's quite a while! Can't you get a new ID card? They usually replace them..sometimes at a small fee though. Wishing you luck on your finals! I think I'm going to do okay on mine but I'm still probably going to end up having to really work hard next semester cuz I f'd up some classes last semester and one this semester. I figure three out of four ain't bad though. Next semester it's 4/4.

Non... I hope that everything works out for you. If it were me I would battle it out and go for the job. Good luck with your new interest!

Mist.. Wee@the new car. Payments will be done one one of ours soon..we've talked about getting a new one but not sure if I want the extra payments at the moment lol I treat my current car like shit lol but if I had a new one it would be my baby. I am glad to hear that you are feeling better since you are off Depo..seriously I have heard some horror stories about it and I know that I would never get on it. I feel iffy about any of that stuff honestly.

Straight Evil...congrats on an A in math and science..I imagine that is great b/c those are the two subjects I struggle in the most lol You said you are getting ready to make the move..care to elaborate..I'd be interesting in hearing =)

Kcalb...congrats on 6 months w/ your girl, the new house and stepping your grades up!
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.