Whats are your opinions on sauna sweat suits...

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by MISSKEYdaQUEEN, May 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MISSKEYdaQUEEN

MISSKEYdaQUEEN Watch the black panther..

Are they useful?
    [​IMG]
    test
  2. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

if you need to drop water weight to get down to a certain weight before a fight then yea...for a regular person it's an utter waste.
    test
  3. Graphx

Graphx Word? Word!

if your starting a damn near zero carb diet then you're gonna drop water weight initially anyway...so a sauna suit could speed that up and help keep it off as you gradually up your carb intake.

Also...last time I checked, Life...a higher body temperature and higher heart rate equates to faster and more efficient fat loss...and a sauna suit will definitely provide both of those.
    test
  4. Got Life?

a sauna suit is good for water weight...and judging by most of misskey's other posts i'm basing my statement off what good it would be for someone who has her kind of lifestyle...essentially you're only going to lose water weight...you're not going to lose actual fat from that and that water weight will come right back unless you work extremely hard at targetting that.

and

how are you going to increase your heart rate sitting in a sauna in a sweat suit?
    test
  5. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

I wear them sometimes while I run or jump rope if I feel like I need to get a good sweat in.
    test
  6. -LikeWise-

-LikeWise- Is the Name...

its only useful, if you are already lean and want to get a little leaner for a fight or special occasion like going to the beach or something.

the only other benefit would be sweating out toxins. which is the only thing this would be useful for, for you miskey.
    test
  7. Graphx

Graphx Word? Word!

My fault...I guess I just automatically assumed she was gonna be wearing one while performing some kind of cardio...LOL @ the mental image of a bitch watchin oprah sittin in some trash bags...
    test
  8. MISSKEYdaQUEEN

^^^I actually used to wear one when on the cross trainer and treadmill... I rarely sit in saunas. I don't need to be SITTING at a gym,lol

So yeah I mean while doing cardio. I've left the gym with pools of sweat at the bottoms of these things...Its crazy!
    test
  9. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

yeah. dont do that
    test
  10. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

yea you dont need one.

are you low carbing?
    test
  11. MISSKEYdaQUEEN

Yes, and when I do eat carbs they are brown rice or whole grain

maybe 3 times a week
    test
  12. Got Life?

I think you might want to entertain some more lifestyle type options than just cutting carbs a few times a week because once you cycle back to your normal habits you're just going to put the weight back on.
    test
  13. MISSKEYdaQUEEN

I mean elaborate. Seriously like what. Holla at yo gurl I'm open to suggestions!!
    test
  14. Got Life?

Eating a clean healthy diet in general..something that you can do as a lifestyle...not something where you conciously restrict yourself for weeks to lose weight then gain it back when you unwind a bit...
    test
  15. MISSKEYdaQUEEN

I understand that...in other words no drastic shit. I feel you. Thats why I gained a LOT of my weight back. I was eating shit I just normally would never do indefinitely.

My changes now are more just healthy. Changing my carbs to WHOLE GRAIN but minimizing my intake. Drinking tons of water. No white sugar, flour, or potatoes. Well... maybe potatoes like once a month...but I haven't had a potato in over a month at this point. Little to NO red meat. NOTHING fried unless extra virgin olive oil. No margarine or butter, I use olive oil based spreads or smart balance. Stuff like that.

Now will I eat fast food one day? I'm sure buts its been months for me thus far and I do NOT crave it...well I do crave pizza but...I haven't indulged.

Kinda like that?
    test
  16. Graphx

Graphx Word? Word!

^^potatos should actually prolly be higher on your list of acceptable foods...especially sweet potatos...your carb intake doesn't have to be low to lose fat either...yeah it can help maximize it and speed up the process but even if your diet consists of a pretty good amount of carbs, as long as they are the right carbs and eaten at the right times...you're straight.
    test
  17. LiveFromThe781

for someone in misskey's situation maybe food entertainment isnt the best solution ATM. when done correctly carb cycling works, and it works damn good. carb cycling is a lot easier than straight low carbing through something like the Anabolic Solution or Atkins which requires virtually no carbs..although the AS does have a 48hr carbup.

anyway, its not a permanent thing, but for the meantime at least a month or two it seems like a practical solution.
    test
  18. LiveFromThe781

potatoes arent really ideal for dieting, theyre a complex carb with very high starch.

carbs are direct to fat loss. fat cells lock on to carbs and thats how they bind, the solutions is either handled in two ways, 1) dont eat a lot of fat and keep carbs high-moderate or 2) dont take a lot of carbs and keep fat high-moderate. carbs also tend to carry a lot more water which can bloat you, so when carbs are dropped waterweight is also dropped.

generally the latter is more effective. anyone whos ever prepared for a show, or photoshoot drops carbs before so.

its not something people USUALLY do for long term because its socially stressful. i did a low carb diet for 7 months before i quit due to lack of food choices which made me eat less, in turn making me gain slower.
    test
  19. Got Life?

that's just the thing...she already said she dropped weight quick and gained it all back...essentially that's all carb cycling really boils down to...

personally I shread up on the velocity diet, but I did tons of modifications on it to fit my needs and i have a crazy mental capability to drive myself towards my goals...

also for misskey...you might want to look into negative cal foods...because you want to be consistently eating to keep your metabolism going, but if you're eating certain foods like celery or grapefruits you're actually going to lose weight by eating these things, yet you're not going to be hungry...there's tons of different options like that...

Here's a more complete list:

Asparagus
    Apple
    Beet Root
    Broccoli
    Blueberries
    Cabbage
    Cantaloupe
    Cranberry
    Celery
    Chicory
    Grapefruit
    Garden cress
    Garlic
    Green beans
    Honeydew
    Lemon
    Lime
    Lettuce
    Orange
    Onion
    Papaya
    Peach
    Pineapple
    Radish
    Raspberry
    Strawberry
    Spinach
    Tangerine
    Tomato
    Turnip
    Watermelon
    Zucchini

Naturally as with everything else though this should be done in moderation.
    test
  20. Graphx

Graphx Word? Word!

True...I think what I'm not taking into account is just how drastic her weight loss needs/goals are and have to be (not tryna be disrespectful, but seriously) and the fact that she's not training with heavy weights. Basically I'm speaking from my perspective I guess. For me, I can keep my carbs consistant and not exactly low, just lower, or more moderate and time them primarily around my lift sessions and still lose fat/cut nicely. Shit, I just had a bowl of pasta an hour ago (barilla plus = the truth) and as of yesterday I'm 184...down from 205+ at the beginning of March and my definition is at an all time high.

Word at how seriously bland your diet can get while on a low carb diet for too long...thats why people fuck up and crash...which is why I dont agree with low carb diets.

P.S. I love potatos in the morning...a nice substitute when oatmeal gets boring...which it does.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.