Whats a Good poetry book for christmas

Discussion in 'Writer's Block' started by UFO the Phoenix, Nov 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UFO the Phoenix

UFO the Phoenix I DONT BELIEVE IN ALIENS!

Any of you guys read or own poetry books?...whats some good titles...who is everyones favorite poet

I dont know many of the famous poets out there? I went to barns and nobles (bookstore) today and got lost in the poetry section

someone is requesting getting me a book as a present for X-mas but I have no clue on whats good and whos hot

any suggestions?

any strong recommendations out there?

thanks

PEACE AND GODBLESS
    test
  2. predicate

predicate New Member

I don't know what your personality is like. I find Wordsworth to be most rewarding when you read him. Some of his poems are easy to understand and deep (as in selections from "Lyrical Ballads"), while others demand contemplation (such as "Tintern Abbey" and "The Prelude"). He's got some really nice sonnets that are a blend between easy and difficult ("The World is Too Much With Us" is my absolute favorite), too. Wordsworth is best summarized as trying to get his readers to appreciate the world around them more, to find significance in everyday stuff, and to stop giving so much time to mindless entertainment (like Hollywood movies).

Penguin published a good selection of his poetry. Just buy a small selection at first, either the Penguin or something shorter by another publisher.

Yeah.
    test
  3. samii so sexii

samii so sexii ..sunkist siren..

one of my favorite poetry books is Tupac's the Rose That Grew From Concrete....that book is deep. He touches on everything from death, to love, lust, his aborted child, revolution, politics, and injustice.

It's very hip hop, and I'm sure you all could identify with some of what he's saying in there....it's hot.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.