What'll be next after capitalism?

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by GaLaTeA, Mar 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Does anyone have any idea what may follow afther the era of capitalism? What kind of regime, what belief?

So far most systems in the world had an expiration period (due to greed, hatred, social stratification).

I'm wondering if what's next might be 22nd century enlightenment.

Thoughts?
    test
  2. Crates

Crates Well-Known Member

I don't see capitalism going anywhere mainly because it can vary from one country to another. It's more about which brand of capitalism different countries will use. The U.S,Canada,Germany and Sweden are all capitalist in the sense they all allow for private ownership of businesses/property and allow market forces to mainly shape economic activity but they all practice different brands of capitalism. The brand of capitalism a country follows can be influenced by their size,culture and what natural resources they have etc.
    test
  3. AliceHouse

AliceHouse The House Always Wins

Capitilism in it's truest sense is really only celebrated in America. Other countries utilize it, sure. Even communist China has limited free markets. But capitalism has it's own set of flaws that no one is going to put up with much longer.

What's going to happen though... is one of two things. Either the collapse of fiat currency and an economic apocalypse on a global scale. Or through the power of science and innovation, the end of all current currency systems due to technological advances no longer requiring people buy things anymore.

A little fusion here, a little nano-replication there. And suddeny people don't need money. Suddenly everything anyone could ever want is but a click away.
    test
  4. antilluminati

antilluminati Well-Known Member

The next big thing in discussion is resource based economy. Anything is better than this corrupt piece of shit ism.
    test
  5. x calibur

x calibur

economy will always be around in one form or another. even with the great abundance of AliceHouse's scenario, there will be uneven distribution of limited resources.

as for the future, I predict an eventual shift to a cashless economy. we'll swipe plastic for everything.
    test
  6. AliceHouse

They've been saying that for decades. Yet still I find myself cutting throats over nickles and dimes.

Bottle caps. That'll be the money of the future.
    test
  7. antilluminati

electronic currency is the most dangerous thing to come. Total surveillance, total corruption and manipulation of the economy. Your childs allowance, everything you spend on will be surveilled. Card with chip. Eventually, the chip will be transferred from the card onto you because of security issues. Slave status, supply monitored and eventually regulated automatically by electronic means. You do something wrong, automatic penalty deductions. You try to escape, get cut off from all resources. Yeah, your worst sci-fi nightmare is nigh.
    test
  8. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

all bias aside, i'd put my money on zionism.

they only started in 1890's, and look how far they've come already.

the thing with zionism is they all do it behind the green screens, so they'll get away with it.

zionism goes hand in hand with the new world order system the united states is convinced to implement.

:numaan:
    test
  9. x calibur

x calibur

It won't be anytime in the near future, but it'll happen eventually. we've been slowly but surely moving in that direction.

and the fallout series was awesome sauce, especially the older games.

I doubt they'll be brazen enough to implant chips, because then everyone would flip out. they'll just make us increasingly reliant on our cards for everything, and make it increasingly difficult to go off the grid.

and yes, it's dangerous. this goes back to my view that space colonization is the only escape from dystopia.
    test
  10. antilluminati

space colonization will be dominated for sure. they can fabricate society to their liking, like an experiment, like what the US was ment to be for Europe.
    test
  11. Radium

Radium f k

what do you think about 3d printing
    test
  12. x calibur

x calibur

it has a ton of potential. as it gets more efficient and advanced, it will create a new form of abundance. it will extend the internets ability to make all sorts of commodities available. for years, movies, music, e-books etc. have been exchanged on here, because they can be packaged as information. this form of instant exchange will extend to many other products over time. 3d printing will extend the bounds of information technology.

already we've seen alot of controversy over controlling intellectual property online, and this conflict will only intensify when you can basically download physical products. it will also create a demand for the physical resources needed for 3d printing which may lead to its own conflict.

to run with the fallout reference, the Vaults were designed as an experiment to see how people would cope with life on generation ships (huge interstellar vehicles on which multiple generations live during the voyage).

space colonies can also be engineered sociologically, so I see your point. but everyone being stuck on one easily traversed planet is more dangerous. once there are colonies elsewhere in the solar system, there will be a natural insulation between them and earth.

for example, large-scale nuclear war could devastate the planet without touching a colony. and even if a nuke was launched towards a colony, they could see this coming well in advance and defend against it.

of course, the ultimate goal is to reach other star systems. the distance in light-years will ensure a barrier between different human populations. this will be insurance for our survival. it will also enforce diversity and prevent the dangers of homogenization.
    test
  13. antilluminati

True, but I fear social engineering and thought control would be an inevitable product as long as it would be funded by the worlds current elite, or by government departments under their influence :p Hopefully it would be unbiased and run on humane, ethical and fair grounds. As it stands it would be based on survival of the richest and expansion of their wealth and domain.
    test
  14. Put it in my Mouth

Put it in my Mouth member

Tbh TL;DR

capitalism will never die
    test
  15. Aesthet1c

Aesthet1c The Morning Star

Once the united states collapses from capitalism; Which will happen, we are just getting further in debt not paying anything off besides our own corporations.

Laughs will be had, but if I cant afford to leave the country; Tears will be shed.
    test
  16. AliceHouse

@anitilluminati. Just so you know, electronic currency is something bad for shadow governments (Illuminati) and criminal organizations (The Mafia.)

The reason being is that with something like bitcoins, every red cent is monitored, tracked, and traced. Nothing can be purchased or exchanged without everyone else in the world being able to look it up if they want. That means no more money laundering, no more funding illicit organizations, no more purchasing fraudulent items (like a ten thousand dollar back scratcher, referring to the Pentagon.)

Electronic currency is ideal for a free world.
    test
  17. x calibur

x calibur

I hope to see non-rocket space launch methods that provide economic access to orbit. that is definitely within reach. I also believe that space economy, asteroid mining etc. will be a major engine for expansion.

with that said, it takes big govt. and corporations to accomplish the huge tasks required for space colonization. the colonies of the future won't be ideal, and will be dominated by national and commercial interests on earth - especially early in their history.

but in spite of shortcomings, it is by far the best future path. expanding into space is the key to preventing dystopia. the same drive that colonized the New World will send people on interstellar voyages when that becomes possible. and increasing our presence in the Solar System is the best foundation for getting to the stars.
    test
  18. antilluminati

It wont be bad for shadow governments, cus it isnt shadow, its out in the open. Whoever controls this system will benefit. Everyone in the world won't have insight is the problem. Monitoring will happen mostly one way.

Freedom is material worth or resources without dependency on a bank or system .
    test
  19. antilluminati

I aint saying space expansion isnt the best thing. But it will be based on capitalism, not creating a new world that benefits all. It will be like the old new world. Claiming ownership over resources we need in order to create worker slaves who depends on those very same resources. Creating yet another hierarchy. Id rather it be based on a evened out system where everyone equally benefits from resources and needs are kept to a minimum.
    test
  20. x calibur

x calibur

I don't see any way of working around those issues. the workers paradise has been attempted before, and it did not work out to say the least. while human nature and society is flawed, I think colonizing space as imperfect beings presents a better chance of survival than a 1-planet utopia.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.