What Y'all Think Of This Audio Chain?

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by PHENOMENON, Apr 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PHENOMENON

PHENOMENON Blessed By The Beats..

About to step my audio game up and I'm trying to make this audio chain happen, but I wanted to get some feedack first before I speed the money

Mojave Audio MA-200 [I already own]

Avalon VT-737SP [ I have a Solo 610 now]

RME FIREFACE 400 [I have a Motu Ultra Lite now]
    test
  2. Janitor

Janitor Guest

spend the cash if you got it!
    test
  3. Stash

Stash R.I.P Point Game

Ignore Janitor - he is the owner and a white man with alot of money to spend. I'm still trying to get him to give me some.

Anyways - the Avalon is a fuckin amazing machine. I simply love it and would definitely recommend it. As for the RME I sadly have no experience with it nor have i ever worked on it. Do your research online and try to get some examples of audio used with the RME.
    test
  4. PHENOMENON

PHENOMENON Blessed By The Beats..

you always feel special when jeff replies back to your thread..lol
    test
  5. Pete Wurthy

Pete Wurthy The Rap Mechanic

The Avalon is excellent! It will make any other piece in someones chain sound loads better.
    test
  6. Mr. ROUSH

Mr. ROUSH WWW.SOUNDCLICK.COM/ROUSH

I own an ma200.. it's an excellent mic for deeper midrange vocal ranges, but doesn't suit higher vocals as well.. still good enough though.. since you're mic is a tube mic pair it with a good solid state pre.. the avalon is usually a good choice.. as long as it pairs well with that mic.. I've seen some high end preamps bring the worst out in that mic.. so I would test it out with different preamps before settling on the avalon or any pre.. as for the interface.. aside from connectivity.. I would make this decision based ont he A/D converters.. that's the most important part.. I have a digi 003 factory and they are just so, so.. I'd rather have HD or apogee.. if you have the dough.. and if you're doing rap.. I would go with the manley cardoid reference mic and the manley vox box, get something with great converters.. and I would have a selection of 4 or 5 mics to use in different situations.. an industry secret is to record with two mics.. not a stereo pair.. use your condensor and at the same time hook up a dynamic mic like an sm57 and record both mics into two tracks with every one take.. this is especially usefull for rap music. Good luck!
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.