What y'all know bout priobiotics?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Fatal is back, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fatal is back

Fatal is back New Member

What are probiotics?
    They’re better known as ‘friendly’ bacteria. The smooth functioning of your gut depends on them. Since antibiotics, other drugs (including booze), stress, pollutants and processed foods can all reduce the level of friendly bacteria, the theory is that you should take probiotics to replace them.

Common probiotics include various species of the bacteria Bifidobacterium and Lactobacillus.

Do they work?
    In theory, yes. In 2005 the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM), the US government’s lead agency for scientific research on complementary and alternative medicine and the American Society for Microbiology held a conference on probiotics. They concluded that they may be helpful to treat:

diarrhoea
    infections of the urinary tract or female genital tract
    irritable bowel syndrome
    some intestinal infections.
    The evidence for diarrhoea is the strongest. For example, an analysis published in 2006 (in the Canadian Medical Association Journal) of six studies, involving 836 children on antibiotics showed that those who also took a probiotic had far less diarrhoea than those who just took the antibiotic.

How do you take them?
    You can take them as supplements in a freeze-dried form or in probiotic-fortified foods.

I found them in stoneyfields organic yogurt. shit is pretty good to be fat free yogurt. cost a buck for one cup so its expensive lol.
    test
  2. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

I've used numerous different probiotic supplements. Helps keep the pipes clean and digest more nutrients.
    test
  3. Fatal is back

Fatal is back New Member

so what u saying is that its very helpful if you wanna be healthy? them shits expensive aint they?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  4. style-rip

style-rip Lakers>Clippers

cop some kefir my nigga

shit is cheap
    test
  5. Fatal is back

Fatal is back New Member

some what? ^^^ where i buy that shit from
    test
  6. Noib Da Mutt

Noib Da Mutt New Member

just eat mushrooms and yogurt- you'll be straight... Kefir is good too if you can get it, but, read up on that shit and get real kefir grains not one of those startup kits...
    test
  7. Fatal is back

Fatal is back New Member

I saw somthin bout a startup kit for it. I think they have a yogurt type drink with it in there. I never heard of it till homie above mentioned it. I'm gone look into it tho. Good looking mane
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  8. brothamang

brothamang New Member

they lives in your stomach
    test
  9. Fatal is back

Fatal is back New Member

I saw some kefir drink in the produce section at giant eagle. I'm gone try that shit out
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  10. daveschaub

daveschaub New Member

it reduces possibilities of vaginal infections, diarrhea, bladder cancer. it can be found in yogurt, unfermented milk, some juices etc.
    "probiotics" refers to dietary supplements or foods that contain beneficial, or "good," bacteria that are similar to those normally found in your body.
    test
  11. daveschaub

daveschaub New Member

Priobiotics?

it is a beneficial bacteria advocated by some researchers as medicine to fight other ailments of the intestinal tract.
    test
  12. kumarleeta

kumarleeta New Member

I am shambles. i want to start a new business pls give me some tips to start a business.

Emaly

money making method

[​IMG]
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.