What Would It Take For You To Download This Album?

Discussion in 'Emcee Hookups' started by Quriosity, May 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oneduh

Oneduh Guest

Q when you live in cincinnati? wtf
    test
  2. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

a long time ago.
    test
  3. Silentt L

Silentt L Registered Deity

All new tracks.
    test
  4. MetaSin

MetaSin I Don't Believe In You...

Im listenin to tracks randomly...

All in Her Mouth- LOL. This is fuckin hilarious... I can see bitches lovin this... It's catchy... He should get a girl to the 2nd part of the hook...the ah ah ah's and the like... The beat is catchy.... In an industry where sex sells this works to me... Not really my style, but I know where its comin from, and can see a buncha fools I know fuckin with it, and i can see it goin hard at the parties and clubs...

Grabbin My Nuts- The intro is too long to listen to "grabbin my nuts".... He sound like Jodie Breeze on this joint.... It works, but it sounds just like a Jodie type of track too.... His verses are cool, but kinda generic soundin... not bad, but I wouldn't remember him from this song...

Inhale/Exhale... Im guessin its gon be a weed song, and I'm lit so hopefully its good... The hook is aite, cept the voice would've been better if it was different.... and Screwed a bit deeper... The beat is simple, but got a decent bounce to it.... He spits pretty well on it, he toned down his swag/presence a bit.... nvm... lol. Not bad, I'd like him to have a bit more style with his flow, a few switches for a bit more bounce, but it's a decent track... His personality comes through on the track... He seems like he got the same mind state as a lotta dudes I come across... which can make others relate to him, or make him forgettable...

Benjamins and Andrews- Okay... He Goin in a bit More... I like the bounce on the beat, and how he goes at it stylistically... I can't fake on this one too much... He's not the best lyricist (...so far), but he got a decent swag, and can hold his own on a beat; he talks about shit a lot of dudes see on the regular (excluding what may or may not be embellishments). I like this track... I don't think it would be as popular as the "head" song....

Lonely At The Top- I hope he goes hard due to the name of the song.... I like the hook for the most part.... He shoulda called it Outa Here.... that's the most infectious part of the hook, and Lonely at the top is such a generic title and too long of a title... The beat is dope for the southern sound... I like it... I still think he should flip the scheme up, but I like this song... He showed a lil more rhyming ability on this... I could hear this on a mainstream cd.... He has some appeal being that he sounds like a mix of Jodie Breeze, and a toned down Plies, and talks about subject matter relative to/popular with his core demo.... I think he's doing a good job of advertising himself to his peers through his music, but need a bit more depth to connect on a more personal level...

I'll listen to some more later...
    test
  5. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

good shit. note that grabbin my nuts and inhale/exhale are both about 4 or 5 years old. the rest are fairly new. maybe a year at the most.

good feedback though. i'm interested to see the rest.

any graphic requests?
    test
  6. L. Kross

L. Kross His Highness

yo Q can you go through some of my myspace tracks an give some real feedback? everybody can use some real feedback
    test
  7. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

sure. i'm a bit harsh in criticism though, as others have already stated.
    test
  8. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

Hell No - the beat is good. a classic appeal to it. could be some sort of memorable anthem. instead, its a typical internet rap song. there's definitely an underground feel to the entire song. the chorus is good for what its worth, but it fits the mold of the internet gangster white rapper. first verse, the rapper seems unsure of himself. seems like he's reading from a paper and standing still. there's no identity to the voice. there's also no real emotion or connection to the song. it just sounds detached to me. swagger is nonexistent. i'd suggest not "finding yourself" but finding a unique mic presence. approach the song like an acting job and stay in character. your emotions should be felt through your voice. inflections. rises and falls. emphasis on some words and not others. the lyrics are pretty good. could be hot with a stronger, more confident and experienced delivery. definitely sounds written, which is not bad but should be concealed through emotions. second verse, seems slightly better. i think maybe only because the volume was turned up slightly. you sound slightly louder. still the same though. a little more emotion towards the end of it, but still doesn't feel authentic to me. lyrics are good. after the verse, the chorus doesn't seem as good to me. the voice of the chorus is funny to me. should be deeper or something. its funny when you say "the battle rage-ing" thing. the way you say it sounds like an internet rapper reading a verse that he printed out and making it fit to a beat.

overall, i'd say you need more experience in recording. your voice and emotion offered to the listener are your weakest links. without it, there is no real reason for me to relive the moment. i wouldn't listen to this song again as is. you also sound like you want to be a rapper, and not like you were meant to be a rapper. there's a difference. you sound like you're trying to fit into some mold. the lyrics, again, are good. you can write. but everyone can write. rap is not about writing. its more than that. you have to know what to write for each song. what to say to reach listeners. how to say it. how to connect with your audience. you're marketing yourself with the help of an instrumental. in your case, i wouldn't recognize your verse on a song with 10 different artists. i wouldn't be able to fast forward and say, "that's kross". i could be completely wrong about you not being born for it, but you definitely need to work on it. you have much potential, but you need to focus on who you are and what your message is. what is your reason to rap. what do you want your audience to know. and then make sure that the final product delivers that message effectively.
    test
  9. L. Kross

L. Kross His Highness

yup. good lookin out. lol @ givin waay more feedback on JR than me. thatd be super helpful if I was JR.
    test
  10. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

who is JR? i don't know the difference. i just gave feedback on the first song that came up. i'll listen to another song later. right now, i'm working on my online portfolio.
    test
  11. .:Pain:.

.:Pain:. Futurely J. Keeper

[​IMG]

I'm the one on the right.

Work your magic Q....
    test
  12. L. Kross

L. Kross His Highness

JRs the first verse. I didnt say you could tell em apart, but I figured you could guess by which you gave more crit on. And that Im white.
    test
  13. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

honestly, i thought they were the same person.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.