What Would It Take For You To Download This Album?

Discussion in 'Emcee Hookups' started by Quriosity, May 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L. Kross

L. Kross His Highness

stankonia lol the one with the psychadellic colors an the silloette of the naked negro woman
    test
  2. T.a.C

T.a.C Guest

i actually got it for my mom for christmas. she never listened to it, i stole it, i never listened to it. vicious cycle
    test
  3. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

i grew up listening to niggas like outkast and goodie mob. i'm from here.
    test
  4. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

so, have any of you listened to it? any feedback?
    test
  5. .:Pain:.

.:Pain:. Futurely J. Keeper

Show Me - Beat knocks. Sounds like a stereotypical southern rapper. He literally sounds like every single other southern rapper out on this track. I hope this is the exception and not the rule. Couldn't even make it all the way through the first verse.

Get high - I dig the beat already, it's only like 10 seconds in. Hook is cool. I could definitely see myself bumpin' this shit. Real solid all around, that beat is beautiful though. P floata's shit was fuckin' sick, his flow on this was dope as hell. Didn't like it when started comparin' a blunt to his dick though.

This Is Our Club - Just judgin' by the title, I ain't gonna like it. And yep, I don't. The beat is heavy and pretty unique, but it's the same shit as all the other southern rappers. His lyrics are actually pretty dope, but I just ain't feelin' the unoriginal feel of it.

Swag It Out - Sounds like a T.I. song. Again, tell your bro he needs to develop his own style.

Grabbin' My Nuts - Same story.

No Job - Sounds like a David Banner beat in the beginning. LMFAO @ I ain't got no job, trappin' is my job! Same story anyways. He usually makes better hooks than this though.

I Got It - Beat is real nice, so's the hook. All the rest is the same shit. I think this is the third time I heard your bro mention Michael Vick. Now fourth, because he mentioned him twice.

Dollar Worth of Dimes - Same shit. Though the concept was pretty cool. Relatin' girls to change and shit, I'm tired of hearin' the same old mysogony though.

Inhale Exhale - It shouldn't take him a minute to start rappin' in the song. Ain't a huge fan, he already made a song about buds and drugs.

My Number One - Hook is cool. Beat is alright. Typical southern shit. Is there a formula you mother fuckers follow? 1 sensitive track, 2 weed tracks, the rest about trappin' and fuckin'?

Coppin' The Best - This beat is nuts. Really nuts. LMAO at the vocoder. Wanna be ass T-Pain mother fucker. WTF at havin' to fast forward to the end to hear your bro. I mean, same shit man. How much can this mother fucker about bein' hood rich. Sick beat wasted on a played concept.

All In Her Mouth - Listened to the first 20 seconds. It's funny, but no thanks.

I Can't Afford You - Cool hook. Makin' a song about gettin' played by a gold digger ain't cool dog.

Like A Gangsta - More vocoder. Awesome. Another dope beat wasted on a played concept.

Lonely At the Top - Alright I'm startin' to get sick of this shit. Tell your brother to be his own fuckin' rapper. Does every rapper from the south wanna be T.I.?

Benjamins and Andrews - Halfway decent (relatively speaking). One of the few tracks I can feel at least a little bit.

Stackin' - The first beat that I truly don't like. Weak way to end the CD.

So you asked Q. That is my honest feedback. You can't ask a cat from NY to dig this shit. Overall, he's got a sick voice, and a sick flow. The mother fucker is a carbon-copy of T.I. though. Like a mother fuckin' exact clone of that dude. He'd be dope if he was his own rapper, but he's not...
    test
  6. L. Kross

L. Kross His Highness

I know.. I was feelin it, but Im from the midwest though. But I got a feelin a couple of my jersey devils would like it too though. I see some simiarities wit TI, but thats pretty much just how a good southern rapper raps. I know the gucci manes an I know the TIs. thats pretty much the line right down the middle in the south. either stupid an crunk or smooth an real talk.
    test
  7. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

lol. i don't see the T.I. similarities. my brother has songs about running trains and fucking with his jordan's on. possibly in voice/swagger, but nothing else. and i'm a big fan of tip.

in his older stuff, on some of his deeper tracks, i saw similarities. but i would not be a fan of tip if he made songs of the same content as what my brother now makes.

also, that track list is inaccurate. and this is a random mix that i made of some of his old/new tracks, mainly for kross to hear. so the order was defined by me. still, stackin is not the last song on the cd. it should be number one.
    test
  8. .:Pain:.

That's where I saw the similarities, in the flow and swagger.

And the fact that raps about trappin' and stackin' all the fuckin' time...
    test
  9. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

yea, no graphics for pain. listen with an open mind. he and t.i. are not as similar as you make it seem. nor is he and any other southern rapper.

as for the songs and you saying that he mentions the same shit, a lot of these are 3 and 4 years old. like the mike vick references in i got it, that song was from 04.

but no, i don't like your review. most songs you didn't even finish and your feedback was completely bias. i do understand the point that much of the content is the same, but i find the same problem in most rappers because everyone has to stand for something. even a lupe or a kanye or a common stand for something and most of their songs revolve around similar concepts. still, i understand that aspect and i agree from a non-rapping, strictly fan of music standpoint.

i'd also like to say that i don't believe my brother is the best by any means. i only try to support his craft. but i also don't believe that he's a carbon copy of what is on the radio here in atlanta and i've been here for years. most of this stuff is old, like i said, but even then the music did not match what my brother has put out. some of the lyrics become redundant due to content if you can not relate to that content, but the same with lil' wayne and other rappers. that's why i constantly find myself listening to other types of music.

atlanta music went from booty shaking and freaknik to playas and cadillacs to riches and bubble-eyed benz' to drugs and trapping to fighting and getting crunk to rock and rap and now to just all out dancing. that's the time line i've witnessed and i don't think he fits into any category specifically.
    test
  10. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

but i don't want to get in an argument about my brother's talents or lack thereof. i know his strengths and weaknesses and could probably coach him into a star if i had the time, patience, or interest.

i agree with much of what you said and i appreciate the feedback.
    test
  11. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

get high and 11-17 are at least 4 years old. show me is at least 3 or 4 years old. the rest are probably 1 or 2 years old. benjamins and andrews is the only brand new song.
    test
  12. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

nice beats, pain.
    test
  13. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

and i'm tripping anyway. i take offense naturally because he's my brother, but i'm in no position to defend him. i'm only here to make graphics.
    test
  14. Link Gash

Link Gash that ninja

did you tell your brother that rap dreams are for dead beats like you told everyone else on here?
    test
  15. Link Gash

Link Gash that ninja

you're a notoriously harsh critic, i figured you'd be able to take it to
    test
  16. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

in many different ways, yes. but i have no intention of controlling his life. i wish him the best.
    test
  17. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

i can.
    test
  18. .:Pain:.

No need to get offended and sarcastic, Q.

I gave my honest straightforward feedback.

Like I said, I'm from NY. I don't expect a person like you to be able to differentiate between Styles P and Jae Hood, because you're a southern guy that grew up on southern shit. I'm a new yorker that grew up on new york shit, so it's gonna be hard for me to tell the difference between your bro and every other southern rapper.

I don't even know why you wanted me to listen to this. I'm not gonna ask Mask2MyFace in HHC to listen to a Styles P mixtape, why would ask me to listen to a purely southern rapper? What did you expect?
    test
  19. Oneduh

Oneduh Guest

What kinda music he make? if it's trap music you already know I'll throw it in the rotation
    test
  20. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

i was serious. lol. i went to your myspace to hear you rap and instead i heard some nice beats.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.