What was your favorite R&B album of 2008?

Discussion in 'The R&B Haven' started by quotive, Jan 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quotive

quotive 3

I know a lot of people didn't like anything that dropped last night. Me, I realize music is declining, so I just take what's there and learn to cherish it.

For me.

[​IMG]

Every song on this album was the shit. Robin Thicke is amazing with his vocal range. "Dreamworld" is one of the realest songs I've heard in a while, man.

I guess most people never even heard this album because when I see lists about how R&B is dead it's never on it. If R&B is dead, it sure got a boost of life when this silently dropped.

tracks to check out before buying: "Dreamworld," "Ms. Harmony," & "Something Else"
    test
  2. That Nigga

That Nigga aka Hot Shyt

[​IMG]

get familiar
    test
  3. quotive

quotive 3

I heard that album bro, it was tight.

But as for as it goes for me.. Robin Thicke > Solange.
    test
  4. SimpleMinded

SimpleMinded New Member

I've never listened to Robin Thicke, guess I gotta get on it. He just doesn't look R&B to me so I always skipped over him.

I mentioned it in the other thread but I'm still not sold on 2008 sucking.
    Tony Rich's Exist is phenomenal. Eric Benet's Love & Life is awesome. And I don't care what ya'll say, Ne-Yo's Year of the Gentleman has some tight tracks on it.

Ima peep Robin Thicke now though and I'll get ya back.
    test
  5. quotive

quotive 3

Tight man, go peep that.

As far as Eric Benet and Ne-Yo go, I won't even lie. I deleted both of those albums. The Eric Benet bored me to death, and for some reason I just don't like Ne-Yo. I'm seriously waiting on this Love vs. Money by The-Dream to drop.

That album is going to be :eek:

Haha. Tell me what you think about the Robin Thicke. Peep Duffy - Rockerferry too if you like it.
    test
  6. That Nigga

That Nigga aka Hot Shyt

I've heard some new tracks from the-dream, I dont think I'm gonna like his next one.

That Ne-Yo joint did have a few bangers on there.
    test
  7. The Jeus

The Jeus _________

I've gotta call it a tie between Maiysha and Robin Thicke for best. Leigh Jones, though, I think was my favorite. Although, the John Legend album which I thought was pretty unimpressive on first listen is growing on me. I give both he and RT a lot of credit for having put out 3 straight quality albums while not going back to the well doing the same thing every time.
    test
  8. SimpleMinded

SimpleMinded New Member

That cover for the Robin Thicke album's driving me crazy lol. He just looks like some crazy british pop star on it or something. I feel like Simon from American Idol just got up and did a photo shoot.

Ah well, I still haven't peeped it, been crazy busy, but I should soon.

And I feel ya on Eric Benet. I need to be in the right mood for him or it'll put me to sleep. But Ne-Yo, you gotta make sure you listen to a wide array of his stuff. I hate his singles, I just don't like the club/up-tempo joints. But Fade Into The Background and some of his other tracks just have such evocative imagery that I just eat it up.

But I promise, I'll listen to the Thicke now hahaha.
    test
  9. Siiren

Siiren Human...

Brandy, Beyonce, Solange.
    test
  10. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

test
  11. Sincere313

Sincere313 Realist of them all

Jazmine Sullivan, minus the "Bust Your Windows" shit lol
    test
  12. Mind~$oul

Mind~$oul I'm Pretty

haha ignorant

John Legend
    test
  13. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I don't listen to much new R&B, but that album was john blaze... yeah, I said "john blaze"... I'm old school like shelltop Adidas.

I can't seem to dig John Legend's voice... he's a pretty smart dude, though.
    test
  14. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I've heard some of that Robin Thicke and it's not bad... decent song-writing and lush musical arrangements... I just can't get over the Marvin Gaye-esque phrasings and what not.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.