What was the final act in the presidency of George Bush Jr.? The Budget.

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by SAMARA, Aug 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SAMARA

SAMARA truth is a sword

[lnk]
    Bush's record $3.1 trillion budget would bring big increase in deficit / LJWorld.com
    [link]

[link]
    $400 billion deficit to greet Bush's successor - USATODAY.com
    [link]

So who watched the speach?

I did.

At that time, financieres were aware of the possibility of being downgraded by S&P.

Everyone knew that the budet was not inbalance and that the deficit wa growing grossly from the expenditures on warfare.

Bush had stated that the war could not be won should the dollar be downgraded.

Pehaps, the current inquiry is to find the dirt, theres always dirt to dig up. It would be quite a bargaining chip. So, all those involved in the grading - you passed on it when the budget was passed as the final act as president by George W. Bush, and now cover the hatches where the sun doesnt shine, its going to be a messy cleanup.

What stupifies me, is - the Republicans were the catalysts to the debt. They knew.

Bush in that same speach spoke of the new president will have a lot of clean up and that it was worth it to win the war in Iraq, and when all was said and done - to call him and tell him that we got'em.

So why is the average american swayed by the dilema of the arguement about the economy rather than understanding that there must be an investment into your country, whether its government or the rich or the corporations. Ah, yes. The rich and corporations sole purpose is to profit not invest into the social welfare directly as they require an incentive to do so not to be taxed. Its only the government that will invest in the people.

Some will call this big govenment - well it is. There are more poor and middle class people than there are the rich and corporate wouldnt you say?

Really though, I dont care.

Im not American, and we have our own issues.

But how is it that I understand the nature of your political, economical and social dynamic better than the average american as an outsider looking in?

you should truly ask yourself more serious questions after you read the article and be aware of what the budget is all about. :stopsign:
    test
  2. PerfectoUnoJr

PerfectoUnoJr RM Jobber

You're half way there.

You go back and rightfully point out that the money poured into the wars (and hence added to much of the deficit), come from Bush's and the Republican's era. However, the important question isn't "who spends the money" or, as you focused on "where the money is being spent." The question I feel that isn't focused enough on is, "where does the money come from?"

When you follow the proverbial paper trail, you find government isn't very interested into "investing," into the people. It has its own interests that are funded before anything else is handled (what a former President, Dwight Eisenhower, called the Military Industrial Complex).

The problem here, that most Americans agree on, is that Government has teamed up with Corporations to screw everyone else royally in the ass. The solutions provided to fix the system usually pertain to limiting government authority or business freedom.

I put it like this:

It comes down to "Liberty vs. Security and Equality". People desire the freedom to choose and want economic equality, at the same time. We want all three things when generally, we have to pick one and sacrifice the other. There are upsides and downsides to any choice and given America's foundation of Liberty and shift to Equality and Security, it creates a deep divide in the voters, here.

In the end, corporations exist because government provided the necessary means for them to do so. And social welfare will continue to persist until foreigners no longer accept our loans, or the currency inflates so bad that no one accepts them, any more.
    test
  3. Alias3000

Alias3000 Well-Known Member

Obama clowns Bush on spending but gets in and spends double what Bush spent.

Only a moron would look the other way on that.
    test
  4. SAMARA

SAMARA truth is a sword

I think that this argument goes further back.

Lets face it, the majority of businesses are out of date on the capital asset side and labour thinking is as ancient as the doorknob. Not to be insulting but the job market has turned into the revolving door with senior management who are as out-dated as their calculators use young talent "brain drain" them and dismiss them for a more conducive "yes ma'am".

Once upon a time before the rich had to invent ways of robbing the poor, they were fortunate enough to forge an opportunity and invested in people, places, and machinery - technology. That technolgy had a future. It worked to develop something substantial as our schools, hospitals, and places of business.

Look around, ghost towns with abandoned buildings and people who havent felt smart in - forever since last?

It isnt about where is the money - I think the question is what is the future going to be about, these 3rd/4h generation rich folk dont have the vision, they have the fear - the fear of losing everything and getting a job. When all else fails - take that money and run for Office.

The one sure investment perhaps is in weaponry - its easier to teach someone to hate, than to conceptualize and have an understanding.

http://video.pbs.org/video/2114373551
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.