What US Nissan is based of the Skyline?

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by sticky2178, Jun 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sticky2178

sticky2178 New Member

and what years do they run and what conversions would i have to do to make the exterior look like the skyline, i imagine tail light conversion and some other stuff. List where you can get the mods and the year of the car I would need. I would worry about the engine after the car is looking right.
    test
  2. sticky2178

sticky2178 New Member

Is it based of the 240sx?
    test
  3. sandiegan

sandiegan former thug ass m-o-d

the 240 sx was based off the silvia when they still sold the 240sx here... and the skyline is also based off the sylvia
    test
  4. Tigre

Tigre Ax Me About Ebonics

Yeah sandi pretty much said it all

Nothing in the US every was based on the Skyline. And i still hope they bring the new model over here.

There are many bullshit kits for the tail lights and what not for the skyline. But the whole look of it would be a custom job. And actually to pull off the tail end of the car you need to do a shave job on it.

Don't do this conversion, the best is the 240 to the Silvia. Otherwise you better get all your money ready to do this right and make it look good.
    test
  5. LYFE-LINE

LYFE-LINE New Member

240sx...there is a few on ebay right now that the conversion's goin pretty cheap..also a 400hp 240sx on ebay goin around 10K.... sr20DET motor owns u lol.....

i prefer the s13 conversion
    test
  6. sticky2178

sticky2178 New Member

yea I was just wondering because shit was looking tight as fuck in the 2fast2furious movie.
    test
  7. Trey M

Trey M \.=.

yeah it was tight
    test
  8. Scrolls-Oracle of Omen

Scrolls-Oracle of Omen *DBS*--*A.B.C*

why dont u just get a damn skyline....hehe..

i had a 90' 240sx...shit was sick as hell, had no modifications to it, and still was fast as a mother fucker....i had fun in it. :).
    test
  9. Kraylen

Kraylen Killer Instinct Champion.

240s are the shit.. but I love me a RB25
    test
  10. Dj Def

Dj Def Cuttin Up Da Vinyl

man ill get a 240sx anyday....MAYBE conversion....or maybe just fuck with suspension and make it a drift car....anybody here love drifting? AND tigre and sandie, i havent been here in a while but i always used to be....whatcha been workin on lately tigre after that 400 hp V Dub that had that traction problem?
    test
  11. Tigre

Shit i love drifting. Try drifting in a supra with 440rwhp...its so fun:)

No longer working on it. It is pretty much completed in my eyes. It has 330+ to the wheels. Finally broke into the 11's so i have done exactly what i wanted. And it is still a sleeper. Oh yeah traction is always a problem...lol.... Even in 3rd, but still walked a new cobra. What else.... oh yeah about to finally get my car. I have been wating for about 4 months now deciding on what car i want to keep for a long duration of time. And i think i have found it. Next month i should get it and be posting up pics.
    test
  12. MYmanP0P

MYmanP0P New Member

The Infinite g35 is suppose to be the skyline for the U.S. even though the body styles are totally different. The 240 is based off of the 180sx - silvia (s14/15). They stop making the 240 in '96 I believe.
    test
  13. Tigre

That is still the funniest thing that the Z and the G series share somewhat the same platform as the skyline. I think it is a marketing ploy more so than anything else. Cause this car is great and all, but they dont even share the same inline engine as the skyline. Oh well, still waiting to see the skyline sell on these shores.
    test
  14. Dj Def

Dj Def Cuttin Up Da Vinyl

Once agin Tigre keeps us waitin for what car he is gonna get....and have u really drifted in a supra? Was it the one u had b4 ur audi? And did u do suspension mods n such or an e-brake drift? I also am waitin for the skyline to drive out of the ocean and sell here
    test
  15. Tigre

Yeah this was the second Supra with the 6spd. I raced probably a total of 3 times on road courses. Fun as fuck, but i really need more experience to pull off some true drifting. Oh i had HKS coils for my suspension setup. The best drifting thus far is when i auto-x my audi. Oh yeah and my friends WRX in the desert in Nevada. Drifting of course is not necessary on road courses but it is fun as hell, especially when you pull them off. I need much more practice at it.

Oh yeah nobody knows what im getting. Not even my boys, or my mechanic.
    test
  16. Kraylen

Kraylen Killer Instinct Champion.

they stopped making the 240 in 98..

and the "180sx" was just a fast back silvia... understandable confusion.. both 180sx and s13 standard back shar the same guts but the 180sx has a more air freindly bodystyle... both cars are awesome... Fastback 1st gen 240s are OFF THE CHAINS with a widebody shell and lambo taillights... isnt that right Tigre?
    test
  17. sound efex

sound efex New Member

test
  18. trifle

trifle New Member

damn, so you ain't gon tell the kid are ya?
    test
  19. darithS

darithS New Member

Skylines have already made their way across the states, known as the Infiniti G35(Skyline V35) with the VQ35DE, so yeah....
    test
  20. Tigre

As much as i love the G35 coupe i would never call it a Skyline although it is based off of it.

But still until a car comes out with at least the same Inline engine as the skyline with all the bells and whistle it will never be considered a skyline.

And boo and fucking U.S. from keeping this car away from us.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.