What type of beatmaker/producer do you think you are?

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by 7thHorseMen, Jul 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GTDProductions

GTDProductions Aye

Didnt this thread say State what kinda producer you are?

And I'm far beyond a hobby or a helicopter ride at the fair.

Some people got that gift to be a superproducer and most don't and I realize I won't be a "super producer" and last time I checked ChaseNCashe was the only one remotely close to being the a Super Producer(as in having that flare and personalty) category. Yea Pheonix is great, Sol is great, and a few are great on here, but I have yet to see any of these producers on TV constantly like a real "super producer" or livin in a 10 million $ house. Thats a "SUPER" producer right?

Im kinda hurt you said that to me mane, like i cant speak on this topic, i def, can hang wit ya mane, but just cause I got this independent money on my mind dont make me anyless than a kid who has "super producer" dreams.

I think anyone who does music and lives off of it, independent or major is a success.

Another reason is cause theres just many cats who wanna be a super star now adays. I remember when I was 14 started this shit and got fimilar with the internet and self promoting, and you could really set up shop on the net and get alittle reconition. Now in 2007, theres a gang of cats who produce/rap/manage/ty••••/label owner like its a fashion fad, and most is crabs in a bucket, out for they own good.

didnt think a hater would pop up on my post for being real bout shit. cant tell my self ima be somthin i aint mane.
    test
  2. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

I'm a SuperProducer, yall just don't know yet.
    test
  3. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

Definitely true. The problem is the barrier to entry is so low now...in terms of money and connections required. All you have to do is wake up one day and say to yourself...i want to xx, xx, xx and then now you actually think you are a hustler or a business man and your friends are so naive they think you are actually do something.
    test
  4. ni6apinoflavord

ni6apinoflavord aka beatboss

First of all, you have to have people call you a Super Producer in order to be one.
    test
  5. ChaseNCashe

ChaseNCashe If it aint Polo, Keep It!

Wasnt talking to you nigga!
    test
  6. _REAPAH_

_REAPAH_ Mello Dee

this is kinda a silly question.... if you stay making a variety of beats, and your good with all different types of shit (Club shit, gritty shit, R&B shit, pop shit, east coast, down south, west coast, whatever) and your CONSISTENT, you should be able to say yes...

I think a better question is if you think your shit (no one in particular) is capable of being someones lead single... cuse most rappers/singers be droppin the same TYPE of singles all the time now-a-days, so its more like, do you think your shit is powerful enough for a nigga to trust it and put it out there to represent them and their album
    test
  7. GTDProductions

GTDProductions Aye

I think you need $100,000+ checks a beat with your name on that bitch to be called a super producer.
    test
  8. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

Word, good question. •••••• won't take that chance though.
    test
  9. F Major

F Major Anti Gear Lust

Oh Im knowin man, my comment was directed at R-Tistic
    test
  10. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

LMAO...I'm not even talkin about myself, so no need to call me out. Even for the few West Coast producers who do get major singles on radio, some of them will use a style that's not west...so it's not even about versatility.

What I say is true in general...it's many rap fans who just don't appreaciate musicianship in rap, and would rather hear the same loop of a sample or a 808 with a simple melody versus hearing something that challenges their ear a little bit...especially when it comes to club heads. Most people outside the West don't care as much for Battlecat and Quik, and you don't hear as many rap singles coming out that have that laid back but musical sound to it anymore.
    test
  11. ni6apinoflavord

ni6apinoflavord aka beatboss

Oh yeah that too of course.
    test
  12. *Deuce Wilde*

*Deuce Wilde* aka stfu dave

Honestly, both.
    test
  13. R-Tistic

I remember dude's name for some reason. I have heard a lot of ya music, mainly through Dubcnn and a few mixtapes I have heard around L.A. so I already know what you are on. I was just speaking on the fact that most of the best producers I've met around L.A. that have a musical sound to them seem to have more of an R&B sound than a rap single sound, because you don't hear many rap singles having that vibe to them like they used to.
    test
  14. Djay Cas

Djay Cas Woodgrain Oak

you know what? honestly
    i was jus tryna say some slick shit to get the thread bumping

lol sorry
    test
  15. Track Wrecka

Track Wrecka Productions

lol@ cas

i think i have potential, i just have to focus on learning how to really play the keys
    test
  16. GTDProductions

GTDProductions Aye

mane..u beezy..i typed all that shit for nothin.
    test
  17. P R I M O

P R I M O Shout out to Autotune

Now days I think almost any beat can be used for a single.

It ain't like before where the hardest shit gets picked for singles...

Now days niggaz comin with more than one single.

The Club Single, The Single for the Females, and the 'Street Single'...

if you can't make nothing to fit one of them 3 then you lose.

to answer the question I'll say Single.

but that doesn't mean I can't tone it down for a album type song tho
    test
  18. P R I M O

LOL I'm just now readin this thread...

I think the term Super-Producer is more personality/image than a resume.

You are what you say you are.

Fuck that "Oh somebody needs to call me a Super-Producer before I do" shit.

Be Bold, kick that shit off if thats how you feel my nigga.

T.I called himself the King of the South before his first album even dropped...Lil Wayne callin himself 'best rapper alive' and mothafuckas are followin suit.

You can call yaself the Boogieman if you want to, it don't matter.

I look at this shit like a car mergin in traffic on a freeway. You either gonna come in and blend with everybody else...or you gonna come in and head straight to the fast lane. You can do what you want, but if you jump out in that fast lane goin 55 yo ass gettin ran over.

if you gonna put yaself in a high category...you better make damn sure you belong there.
    test
  19. R-Tistic

^^I feel that a lot. LMAO @ The Boogieman. That's real tho...when Wayne first said it, I almost laughed....til I thought about it and said "wow.....watch people start sayin he's the best just because he said it". And that was at the time when he wasn't even top 20 on most people's lists. LMAO, Juvenile was higher on people's lists when he was sayin that shit back in 2004.
    test
  20. P R I M O

if I started callin myself "RM's Beat King"

and promoted that shit, had a thread with "RM's Beat King" everywhere....

when niggaz made their 'top list'

mothafuckas would put me up there with everyone else and probly say 'man primo is the RM Beat King!'

i'm usin this as an example of how peoples minds work...

even if I'm really not the beat king on here...if I said that shit, campaigned that shit, and meant that shit....people will believe that shit.

same thing applies for the 'real world'
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.