What Style Of Urban Music has the best drums??

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by KSoundz, Sep 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. F Major

F Major Anti Gear Lust

Dead your argument, YOUR argument is irrelevant to this thread, you argument is that west coast producers are not relevant to hip hop. This thread is about Urban music!! read the title, the creator of this thread included R&B, and gospel, think about it homie R&B? plenty of west coast producers doing their thing on the R&B scene. Just Blaze and Swizz? Thats all the east got, the east aint relevant to hip hop? Dr Dre and Will I am? thats all the west got in the mainstream, Urbanization is related to an area, as long as west coast artist got fans and make money off their music they are relevant get real, If shit wasnt so relevant, me of all people would have ZERO demand production wise. Its a really ignorant argument
    test
  2. F Major

F Major Anti Gear Lust

Im gonna put you up on game about the west coast so that you dont feel left out. The west has transitioned to independent music. WHY would someone do that you ask? lets think about it for a minute, say I sign my artist CLinton Wayne with a Major label, and his album goes Gold, this means he has made a few pennies for himself, but hardly as much as a west coast artist independent artist selling 30k copies at $10 per CD, the overhead for such a task is small in this age of computers. This is why you dont hear too much nationwide from a west coast artist in 2006, 50,000 copies is $500,000 for an indie artist like DPG, who has a built in fanbase of that in California alone. Understand whats going on and dont be ignorant, Ice Cube just went Gold off an indie release. DPG just put out an album and have a built fan base, indie releases....
    test
  3. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

I answered the question in my first post....... My argument was not an argument about it being relevant to this thread..... What I said is fact...

The Westcoast is not relevant to hip hop as a whole

If you can not argue against it, you have to come up with my arguement is not relevant to the thread. And though I disagree, Will I am music does not get played on urban television nor urban radio.

So if I am making money selling beats in Cincinnati (which i am not b/c I dont sell b/c it is a hobby to me) am I relevant to hip hop as a whole? (I expect another avoidance this question). Of course the west coast has fans in the west coast... that would be obvious, however are they relevant to hip hop as a whole. Ohio is not relevant to hip hop however many Ohio artist have fans and are making money. so once again I will say

The Westcoast is not relevant to hip hop as a whole
    test
  4. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

What you think Dip-set is doing..... What you think No limit did.... Come on I understand it is more profitable to go indie... but my point stands.....

The West Coast is not relevant to Hip Hop as a Whole
    test
  5. Premize Prod

Premize Prod aka reggie kush

Mannie freash I s so fucking underrated. If u actually focus on his drums u will se they are fucking nasty. He never has a just 1 for pattern. His drums are by far top 3 ever.
    test
  6. Premize Prod

Premize Prod aka reggie kush

Medicinal u have said some of the dumbest shit I've ever read in my life. Wtf do u mean westcoast aint relevant to hiphop as a whole? Wtf do u consider hiphop. So if it doesn't get play as much as another region than it is irrelevant. Than the east is just as irrelevant. Than underground is irrelevant.

Anything with a good nu,ber of fans is relevant. Westcoast is a whole fuckiong coast and has a whole coast of fans. Have u heard of game u idiot? E40? Ice cube? Dr dre? Dj quick? Snoop? Dpg? You have to be the dumbest person alive to say those cats are irrelevant to hiphop. They have had bigger hits recently than 99% of eastcoast artist.

So when u say something at least make sense.
    test
  7. Nasty Chopz

Nasty Chopz ••••••

reggae drums is pretty damn hard...
    test
  8. HYPNOTIK

HYPNOTIK Fully Loaded

mannie is my dude he def got them drums
    test
  9. Predator INC

Predator INC New Member

this nigga doesnt know music at all. homie dre has not hits? mary j blige no more drama? jadakiss time is up? eminem my name is and countless others. nigga dre sold 80 million records. you a mothafuckin lame
    test
  10. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

you must did not read my stuff b/c I said out side of dre
    test
  11. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

E40 had a (1) hit finally, and he had an southern producer with 2 southern singers on the son. And I mentioned Snoop and Dr. Dre. When is the last time DPG had a hit..... it may was bumping where you are b/c it was the west coast maybe but it got no play anywhere within 1000 miles of where I live...and DJ Quick.... What is the last thing he did with significance... Just b/c yall hear on it on the westcoast does not mean it was a hit in the rest of america..... and "Why We Thugs" got some air play but was not a hit... and the rest of his i heard like once.....

So name 5 hits... stop naming all these artist that been around 70 years.... that I already mention.... name hits..... Snoop this year... no hits(but they will come b/c he is snoop, neither ice cube, dj quick, dpg, and E40 1 hit

total of 2 hits....
    test
  12. F Major

F Major Anti Gear Lust

We stopped worrying about you and your opinion as soon as you said you said you were a hobbyist, we in these streets for real, Holla
    test
  13. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

What that have to do with hits.........i said i do this as a hobby all the time... i've sold beats...i just do not actively prusue it... b/c I do not really need to. That does not mean i dont do my homework.

A Hit is a Hit.... plain and simple... if it is not getting spins... it is not a hit.
    test
  14. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

from atl.

"Shhhhh....Be very, very quiet! Arguably the most influential and prolific rapper still alive will be descending on Atlanta tomorrow and nobody's talking about it. Who am I speaking about? Ice Cube, of course.

cube.jpg
    The Don Mega will be performing at Earthlink Live tomorrow night, May 18th and at last check there were still tickets available. How? Earthlink is not a big spot. He should have sold out in a matter of days, and had he been anywhere west of the Mississippi, he probably would have.

I question when I hear little if any promo or pub for a Cube show on the radio outlets. And why has Cube rarely got any spins on the radio here? A common argument is the South won't be receptive to other types of music. Well, we'll never know if they don't play the music.

Other regions play our music faithfully - why can't we do the same here? Some of us don't want to snap our fingers all the time. Face it - E-40 wouldn't have seen an ATL spin if he wasn't joined at the hip with Lil Jon. I guess this is why I spend so much money on CD's. "
    test
  15. P R I M O

P R I M O Shout out to Autotune

I like the Westcoast shit....

You can't get that funk no where else

but the South has some tight drums too
    test
  16. P R I M O

P R I M O Shout out to Autotune

Westcoast not relevant???

Good Music will ALWAYS be relevant to Human Beings with ears

I still pump Safe + Sound like it just came out last week

And DJ Quik just had a hit this year or late 2005... "Black Mercedes"

There's a big difference between a hit, and a classic song...

Yung Joc - It's Goin Down is a hit

DJ Quik - Black Mercedes is a classic song

at the end of the day - what would you rather have?

that's what separates people who really love this music shit and people who just want to get paid...

Chicken Noodle Soup is a hit too

Cali iz Active is a classic song

see what i'm gettin at?
    test
  17. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

I know there is a difference... but black mercedes..... that was not a hit....'

And I dont consider Chicken Noodle Soup a hit... It is getting air play and it is known... but a hit..... i really dont think it is a hit yet... but it might be soon..... I am not saying the west is not producing quality music.... all i am saying whatever music they are producing is not being heard outside of the west coast and thus irrelevant to hip hop or has not influence on hip hop right now...
    And songs they play in the club tend to be very regional...
    test
  18. KSoundz

KSoundz New Member

dat chicken noodle soup track is madd annoying.. wit dat siren loopin continuously.. got damnnnn
    test
  19. b-real 123

b-real 123 New Member

edit...........
    test
  20. Beatboss

Beatboss aka ni6apinoflavord

chicken noodle soup is not a fuckin hit
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.