What rimsize looks best on a civic?

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by Wird of Pley, Jun 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wird of Pley

Wird of Pley I Slice My Own Ham

17? 18? 20?

I just inherited a Honda Civic in brand new condition. I've been savin for a car so I'mma just use that on hookin it up.
    test
  2. Polar

Polar Rep Levels Are Ghey

I personally would not go bigger than 15's or 16's, but it can handle 17's. They look a tad to big for the car in my opinion though. You got to remember the Honda Civic is a small econo box, and when you get bigger (equaling heavier) wheels you get worse gas mileage, and a slower car.
    test
  3. iLoveEbay

iLoveEbay New Member

I would suggest cutting/rolling the fenders and putting on 22's or even 23's depending on what model civic you have. Bigger is ALWAYS better when it comes to rims!

Go with a tuner 18" and drop the car to the top of the tire and you will be very happy.
    test
  4. Full-Clipz

Full-Clipz Dominican nikka

22's 23's? ok those might fit ....lol what exactly are you trying to do...

i hope not the whole bodykit/wing/big wheels...etc..

if u want just a nice clean ride....i'd go for suspension/16's or 17's

si wheels are nice
    test
  5. Hardkore

Hardkore Blunts@TheBeach

17's at the most.
    test
  6. Wird of Pley

Wird of Pley I Slice My Own Ham

I'm just paintin it and puttin rims on it. I aint tryna race I want the car to look classy not fucking retarded.
    test
  7. Polar

Well I can tell you that putting anything bigger than 18's will look "fucking retarded" as you put it.

Seriously, if you want somthing thats going to be good all around as far as filling the wheel well, and not sacraficing the cars given power, and gas mileage then look no bigger than 16's.

Don't listen to these bums that say "20's y0!" That shit is not cool on Honda freaking Civic's.
    test
  8. NYSF

NYSF Got Candy?

putn anything bigger than 18's is retard'd... it makes the car llok like it has a lift kit on it..
    16's are good if u wanna go real low, and not have to cut/roll inner fender lips.. 17's are good, but if reall low u have to roll/cut lip in front... on back u can tuck em.. 18's wouldnt be any good unless u dont drive the car that much, like basically just show... u dont drive fast, or u live on the flatest place on the earth
    test
  9. Full-Clipz

what year is it??

I'd say go for 17's because he doesnt want a race setup...hes juss gonna be cursing and more of a classy car like he said. 17's would suit that better.

16's are more race setup like the rotas and all those wheels.

if i could add anything else....

No altezzas
    no big wing, a simple looking one may due
    no stickers
    you could go with a nice kit, or just drop it more and get a nice lip for the front
    suspension - either lowering springs or coilovers, i'd probably get around 2 in drop in rear 1.5 in drop in front..
    uhhh i ono what else
    test
  10. NYSF

NYSF Got Candy?

coilovers.. but dont buy cheap ones... if your gonna go sleeves get either skunk2's or ground control's (use eibach springs).. both around $300.. anything cheaper or another name, and plan on bouncing around and getn seasick..

dont bother lowering it less then 2.5inchs... it will basically look the same with large wheelwell gaps... rear u can go 4-5 an barely be tuck'n rims.. less u align rear, then u only tuck tire
    test
  11. NYSF

NYSF Got Candy?

AND GET IT ALIGN"D!!! or your tires will be gone in a month or 2. skunk2 makes good camber kits as well as ingalls... rest are crap
    test
  12. Full-Clipz

^ he knows what hes talking about.... my friend has an Ek hatch with skunk 2 coilovers and camber kit...rides pretty good, i dunno what shocks tho
    test
  13. NYSF

NYSF Got Candy?

what color are they? most people use kyb agx's.. or tokico.. (dunno if i spelld that right)
    test
  14. trifle

trifle New Member

i'd go for 17s max
    test
  15. Polar

Full-Clipz: "Classy Looking" and "Civic" do not go together. LOL.
    test
  16. MyKe SeaN

MyKe SeaN Paula Deen is my hero.

dont listen to these lil fuck boys....dont be puttin no lil 16 inch rims on a car your not gonna race...looks cheap...bigger is better...on a civic i'd go with some 17's..possibly some 18's...white rims would be ill...hyper chrome will turn a lot of heads or get gun-metal depending on the color of your car..but dont be puttin no lil baby rims on ya shit mayne...bigger is better...17's or 18's...make sure you get low-profile tires...it'll make the rims look better...get you a lil exaust system and some beat and you'll be straight...Trifle can probably hook you up on some suggestions...dont ever listen to Kraylen's bitch ass!
    test
  17. NYSF

NYSF Got Candy?

17's to be safest... most 18's on slamd civic mess steuf up. plus 17's will be a lil cheaper.. same with tires.
    test
  18. Polar

I've officially decided you have no automotive knowlege whatsoever.
    test
  19. MyKe SeaN

MyKe SeaN Paula Deen is my hero.

^^YOu are a fuckin dickhead! wHY waste money on some lil bitty baby ass 15's or 16's on a car thats not going to be used for racing? A person might as well stick with stock...I've officially decided you are a lil fuckboy who has NO "pimpin a ride" knowledge whatsoever...
    test
  20. Polar

LOL "Pimpin a ride knowlege" BWAHAHAHAHAHA. Thats the funniest shit I've read in a while. This just in MyKe...YOU CAN NOT PIMP IN A HONDA CIVIC!!! lol Grow up.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.