What program do you use to make beats and why?

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by Nick Name™, Dec 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SUPimMarc

SUPimMarc New Member

Fl 10 - Ive been using Fruity Loops for years, started with 3 & always got the new one. I love being able to import sounds & fuck with them til theyre the exact sound im looking for. I use Edison a lot, perfect chop tool.
    I had Reason 5 for a while but wasnt that into it.
    test
  2. TrackMakerz

TrackMakerz TrackMakerz

Mv8800,Protools m-box2!!
    test
  3. SwagProductionZ

SwagProductionZ @cocaineaudio

fl is by far the easiest.. i make banging beats on my lunch break from work easy to organizeyour sounds also... #winning
    test
  4. TheTrakAddicts

TheTrakAddicts New Member

Ive used Fl 7,8,9, Reason, and cubase. I stuck with FL. Its very important to understand that it really doesnt matter what you use, you just need to learn how to use it. The thing that I didnt like about reason is that you cant use VST's (Not sure if thats still the case with new versions). Bottom line is, If you don't know what your doing, your beat will sound like shit in any program...

Check out my beats:
    TheTrakAddicts.com
    test
  5. ALPH988

ALPH988 New Member

Reason + Record. Audio and MIDI at the same time, millions of high quality instrument patches. Once you get the hang of it you'll love it.
    test
  6. Maduras

Maduras New Member

I've always used FL Studio, I guess cause it's what I first learned, so it's like second nature to me.

I've tried using a couple other programs as well, but I'm just learning
    test
  7. SwagProductionZ

SwagProductionZ @cocaineaudio

fl studio cuz its so easy.... i make hot trax on my break during work
    test
  8. SF Traxx

SF Traxx Today Matters

I started back in the day with reason.
    It has stuck with me ever since. lol.

I then transitioned to Cubase because I needed to record vocals. Its been over 7 years now and still using these 2. I've tried Fl Studio, Ableton, Pro tools and others and for some reason the workflow of these 2 is the best. I cant wait for Reason 6 to come out!

Need a custom Soundclick VIP layout
    test
  9. BeatsByYou

BeatsByYou New Member

I use Logic Pro 9
    test
  10. blitz204

blitz204 BlitzBeats.com

Reason 5.

The sound quality Reason has always put out is amazing. It's so fun to use too.
    FL didnt cut it for me.
    test
  11. JGucci

JGucci Im a Bad Man!!!

reason. y i been using it 4 years no and iv almost mastered it. its easy to move therw the diffrent things in it. i use pro tools 2 mix doe
    test
  12. BeatsByYou

BeatsByYou New Member

So I never explained why I used Logic Pro 9, I use it because it has a build it drum machine, sound modules, EQ, Compressors, Echo, Reverb, plus a lot more tools to create beats all the way to a finish product.
    test
  13. Kyle Conway

Kyle Conway New Member

I use FL 9 and Adobe Audition 3... I jumped from FL 2.5 to 9 haha. =] i dont like change. people dont give fruity loops the credit it really deserves. people lacking imagination have a problem with that software...
    test
  14. blitz204

blitz204 BlitzBeats.com

Reason 5 all the way. will soon upgrade to Record or Reason 6.
    test
  15. icon502

icon502 New Member

I have both fl studio and reason and I use flstudio more than reason cuz I cant for the life of me figure the shit out. there still this stigma that fl studio is for amateurs but I think thats because its the most accessible and anybody can get a hold of it. Its really a good program. Ima try to learn reason this week tho.
    test
  16. Buddy Wedlake

Buddy Wedlake New Member

i use an mpc 2000xl, akai xr-20, fender guitar, pro tools 8 le and acid pro 3. i've only had pro tools a year and i'm still learning but i like it a lot. i used to record int a fostex digital 8 track, it was good but quality wise could have been better. i got a fostex digital 16 track which seemed to work only when it wanted to. a friend recommended pro tools and i like it.
    test
  17. Fonikz

Fonikz ExcuseMeAsIKissTheSkyyy

mpc 1000 and FL studio 9 .. i have reason 4 but i dont mess with it much at all anymore.. all about workflow for me and ive been using FL for years, so there isnt much i CANT do with it..
    test
  18. EpicBeats247

EpicBeats247 New Member

I love Reason 5 and use it religiously because its sooo simple yet powerful at the same time, opened alot of doors for me and I feel Im just getting started...Hit me up if you want to hear some beats I've made in Reason or if you have any questions at all about getting started with it...I have some dope, easy to understand tutorials I can put you up on..Also hit me up if you need any drums/refills :) HOLLLAA
    test
  19. recrudescence

recrudescence New Member

Every DAW will work for making beats; I'm partial to FL Studio and sometimes I dabble in Cubase. If I'm ever around a Mac, I use Logic. In the end, all it comes down to is how comfortable you are with the interface of the program. All of them do the same basic thing, so don't get caught up in which is the best, just focus on producing and mastering quality tracks.
    test
  20. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

logic is my go to, always has been, but once i got reason 3 i developed a new sound and that program is hella easy......i was pissed at reason 4 at first, but not as pissed as i am about reason 5 or six.......i loved the sequencing in 3 and it's simplicity........i hate octrex, but loved rex........logic is my favorite though.......
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.