what makes u a fan of an mc...(def worth read, some true hip hop shit)

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Al Murder U, Feb 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Al Murder U

Al Murder U Lyrically...

overall is being able to relate to them. the lines that stand out to you are something familiar to you, you've been thru or witnessed, (cliche as it sounds) and usually could make you smirk, or jus hit you in a spot in you're gut, because it's something you've been thru.

this is the reason there is such a wide market of music, and the main reason not everybody will agree with your choice of emcees. you're entitled to your opinion, but you can never force it upon somebody enough to make it a fact.

some people love meatloaf or sloppy joes, i hate them both.

some people dislike juvenile, i like him for the fact i have family members from the south, deep accents, just country ass niqqas, so when i would listen to g code, i knew i liked him, because he reminds me of my cousins...as well as alot of other southern rappers, but by no means does this mean i like the whole crunk era thing, although i like some lil jon shit...

regardless of your reasons for liking or disliking somebody or something, you have the right to do so, but i think we need to focus on good spirited debates with reasoning behind why we do or dont like something, besides, you're an idiot, so and so is better, but i think relativity is the overall reason anybody likes any kind of music. look at rnb music, everybody's been in love, so u can relate. even the movies that capture you're heart are the ones with situations you can relate to.

everybody is an individual, i think thats the most beautiful quality any human being has, so embrace your individuality and accept others.

this is the most non debatible statement to describe the fan base of any musician.

and if you cant even agree with this to an extent, than you're just being a jack ass. this is the truth right here.
    test
  2. Lauren7

Lauren7 Pats fan since '96

Agreed. Some musicians are definitely more skilled than others, and if the argument is over who is the more talented rapper, then that's something that can be debated (although it's futile), but insulting someone for liking an artist is retarded.
    test
  3. Al Murder U

Al Murder U Lyrically...

even some rock n roll songs, like i heard one, about a girl who's obssed with 1985, it may be called that...

but it says "something, something and music was still on mtv" and thats the part i remember, becausethe words speak to me, so its that kinda thing im talkin bout...contribute to the thread...
    test
  4. Al Murder U

Al Murder U Lyrically...

true, true.
    test
  5. WorstAliasEver

WorstAliasEver Little Lord Fauntleroyce

Yeah. What it comes down to is we're all human (well, most of us, anyway) and human beings are able to relate to eachother on some level. Guarantee ya I could throw on a Jadakiss album and a Atmosphere album right now and find something I can relate to on both of em.
    test
  6. Al Murder U

Al Murder U Lyrically...

agreed. and thats what's beautiful, i can listen to jay, atmospher, wyyclef, maxwell, royce the 5'9 and find something i like, but thats just my over all appreciation for music.
    test
  7. Al Murder U

Al Murder U Lyrically...

test
  8. Al Murder U

Al Murder U Lyrically...

ill up this, becasue it fits the catagorie of the whole east west bull shit that goes on in hhc
    test
  9. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

mainly why i like cam so much
    test
  10. D.Cipher

D.Cipher New Member

definantly true, those are the exact reasons why i listen to the artists i listen to

but until a lot of people on this board mature we'll always have debates where people are callin each other idiot & stupid for just liking an artist
    test
  11. Contak617

Contak617 New Member

^^ I agree. Nobody wants to come at music from a relatively objective standpoint. I mean obviously it's impossible because music is an art and art in itself is subjective, but that's one thing that pisses me off, when threads become people just insultin each other. There are mad cats on here that like 50 and mad cats who hate the Game. Well I hate 50 n I haven't taken the Documentary out of my cd player in over a month and a half no lie. But I ain't callin cats out for likin 50. If that's you then that's you. People take this shit too personally yo. It's a DISCUSSION board, it ain't like ~~~~~s tryna come at your livelihood. I hope more people read this thread.

Thanks for startin this thread yo. Maybe it'll get into people's heads.
    test
  12. AliasNumber1

AliasNumber1 New Member

Chingy is a good artist, do you guys disagree? If so you just contradicted yourselves ahah dumb fucks.
    test
  13. Contak617

Contak617 New Member

Good is a relative and subjective term. That was the point. I love hip hop. I breathe hip hop. But not everybody loves every single part of hip hop. Chingy is a part of hip hop. So if you yourself dislike any artist at all by your own logic YOU contradict YOURSELF.
    test
  14. Al Murder U

Al Murder U Lyrically...

valid points.
    test
  15. RedMaster

RedMaster Epic Butt sucka

lol yea but.........then hip-hop has become so different in styles and whatnot

it's like......ok i like so-and-so but i dont like this guy.......so it's just a matter of personal preference.......i think for the most part, rap doesn't have nearly as many hardcore fans as 'mainstream' or 'temporary' fans........like, ppl that live in the suburbs who just listen to it cuz it's the 'cool' music these days.
    test
  16. Al Murder U

Al Murder U Lyrically...

^exact point of the thread.
    test
  17. thuggedwise

thuggedwise Guess whoz bizeck

sorry but i disagree

I do agree with one point,,,,,,you may like a certain rapper because you can relate to them e.g. 2pac. Because he is soo pure and real with his music we can all relate to him

But then again, real Hip Hop fans know an MC is measured by skill, intelligence, flow n delivery, topic, imagination, creativity, wordplay, metas, storytelling, charisma, humour. etc. As long as an MC possess most of the tools above then he is definitely iller than one who doesn't. Because you can relate to Nelly more it doesnt mean he better than Jigga or Nas. To really be a true hip hop head you should be very analytical. You should recognise the greats and appriciate their talent.

The greats who bring the best of themselves to the table to only say a few (the ones we are most familiar with),

2pac- charisma, creativity,topic,
    Nas- Storytelling, topics, imagination
    Jay-z- Flow, intelligence, metas, delivery
    B.I.G- Word play, flow, metas, deliver
    Big-Pun- Flow, content, wordplay
    Big L- metas, humour, wordplay
    Eminem- humour, wordplay, metas
    Wu-tang- grime, flow, metas

There is more but If you do agree that these people are some of the greats then you do know your hip-hop...These are established lyricists n students of the game who bring different meat to the table...Only the greats are heard to compare...They actually shoul not be compared because they bring different meat to the table. It is understandable to find people arguin about these greats because they are the best at what they do in their own right. Because you are not a HUSTLER and you live in the COUNTRY doesnt mean Nelly is better than Jay-z. You understand wot i am trying to say?
    test
  18. JayDAsicK

JayDAsicK Blood

Because you can relate to Nelly more it doesnt mean he better than Jigga or Nas

thats not what i was saying. all im saying is there is nothing that gives anybody the right to tell another person who to like, and who's good.
    test
  19. JayDAsicK

JayDAsicK Blood

and two years later from that last post, i got stabbed in the heart, real wild...

but looking back on my old posts from this thread, i feel this is a good topic, and should be upped.
    test
  20. vandalism

vandalism the king

well... not really. I guess in a way. But 50 Cent is one of my artists, and I've never posted up on the block with a gun selling coke. I can't directly relate to shit in his life. Same with most rappers and most listeners to be honest
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.