What makes Satan think he can beat God?

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by JASON ANTHONY, Jan 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JASON ANTHONY

JASON ANTHONY White Devil

Or rather, what made him think he could beat/do it better than God?

I have a hard time with this.

It seems to me that the relationship between God and Satan is similar to the relationship between Zeus and Hades… Brothers. Hades knows his place, but is always scheming. Zeus resides in the heavens were he rules the lesser of gods (angels?).

If Satan, the greatest of the angels, thought for a second that he could outdo God at anything, it seems to me that their relationship wasn't Creator/creation, but rather Master/servant.

Does anyone else find it difficult to believe that an angel would have the balls to go up against the supreme and all powerful creator without having some kind of edge? Is it the Mormons who believe that God and Lucifer were brothers? I can see how they might have come to that conclusion tbh.

Discus.
    test
  2. JASON ANTHONY

I googled my question and got this answer, though I think it sidestepped it all together.

link - Why did Satan think he could defeat God?
    test
  3. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

i still think he thinks so

and if he exists then hed give god a run for his money.

god obviously cant handle the fucker or hed be gone or healed or dead or whatever god does to evil do'ers...

but its been hundreds of millions of years and satans still around

Hey i have a question, what did god do all day for those hundreds of thousands of years it was just dinosaurs?

did he tell them theyd go to hell if they didnt convert?
    test
  4. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Does he make animals convert? Obviously not they just innocent bystanders in our screw ups. Theres animals in heaven youve never even seen. But on the lucifer thing i heard revelations was sealed from his view so he doesnt know how it ends.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  5. JASON ANTHONY

I'm more interested in understanding what the hell he was thinking messing with God's thrown in the first place.
    test
  6. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

its a way to explain the balance of good and evil

that is all.

to have have light, you have to have had darkness.

the shit isnt meant to be taken literally.
    test
  7. TheBigPayback

He never did. It says "lucifer said in his heart" not that he tried or did. GOD saw iniquity in him. He kicked him out after refusing to bow to man. An during the dinosaurs was prolly the war in heaven.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  8. JASON ANTHONY

So Satan's just pissed he got kicked out, eh?

What about the 1/3 that followed? Did he own 1/3 of the angels or something?
    test
  9. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

probably?

haha

man to me its mindboggling someone would take this as factual information
    test
  10. TheBigPayback

in heaven satan was a receprical of praise. He used to take all the praises in him and turn it into music directly to GOD. Thats what got him cocky. He wants to be worshipped. thats always been his goal he even told jesus if he bowed to worship him hed make jesus a king of all nations. In the end the same thing hes going to demand praise from the followers of the antichrist. The 1/3 of the angels chose to follow him. They have freewill too, and at the time satan had a lot of influence. the angels reported to him. He was the head angels so they were already at his command. Some chose to follow some realized that what he was doing wasnt right.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  11. TheBigPayback

ive been where u are. Your God will not be enough for u. My God wants a personal relationship. Something ull never get whatever else u make as ur God. Eventially ull seek more.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  12. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

hope so.

cuz i dont wanna go to hell if there is one
    test
  13. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

but the only thing i dont do a devout christian does is go to church and believe and worship.

cuz im a good person. so if thats the only thing keeping me from heaven, thats pretty wacksheit.
    test
  14. TheBigPayback

^thats fine but as you start learning ur going to start craving info. asking questions and finding answers. An a lot of that u can find at a good church. try apologetics teachers. That will help for your initial questions. And ask God to reveal himself so u can see him working in your life. Many times he will for new believers.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  15. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

i thought satan was like the choir director in heaven, he got a little taste of favortism from god and wanted more.. he wanted gods spot. therefor god cast him and those fallen angels into hell.. i don't think he believes he can defeat god, but rather he is pulling out all the stops to drag everyone to hell that he possibly can.. started by discrediting the gospel

yawl nigga's is acting hella relaxed about it too, like it aint that serious. but trust me you'll have a rude awakening. if you sleep to long.
    test
  16. TheBigPayback

right he took into him the praise and worship and could sing every instrument. Even instruments not yet invented on earth.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  17. TheBigPayback

Man whats crazy is the second you die an realise your not dead its like fuuuuck. Then reality sets in but not like your used to i mean REAL REALITY.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  18. TheBigPayback

Ey, Have you heard the recording of the screams from hell the miners in siberia recorded??
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  19. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

ya i heard they are saying liberate me
    test
  20. TheBigPayback

Do they?? I just heard screaming i did specificly hear a girl in there tho
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
Thread Status: