what made you join rapmusic.com

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by mr.rip, May 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Word!!

I see name belts are coming back in style... that shit is so '80s... I remember when Digable Planets came out in '92, I started rockin' the blue suede Pumas again with the fat laces... when Fresh Fest hit, I was only 9 so I was too young to go.... I think I was breakdancing at that age, though... '86 is when I really got into the culture big time... I had a lil breakin' crew, I wrote my first rhyme, I got my first boom box, my neighbor gave me mad tapes... Slick Rick, Doug E. Fresh, Run DMC, LL, Beasties, Kool Moe Dee, Dana Dane, Schooly D., Afrikaa Bambatta, Kurtis Blow, etc.
    test
  2. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Yeah, those are all "one hit wonders." Black Velvet had a funky ass beat... I used to love that song. I have to have the CDs so that I can listen to whatever I want to listen to at any given moment. The way we CD buyers rationalize it is by saying, other people spend their money on drugs, booze, and partying.
    test
  3. mr.rip

mr.rip New Member

thats the true school and do you remember the juice crew?
    test
  4. sweet_I

sweet_I New Member

Yeah, I liked Black Velvet

I got an ipod for x-mas this past year and I started buying some songs on itunes...actually, thats around the time I found this site. I was looking for more tunes...but if I have some extra change, the first place I go to is Adam and Eve LOL.

Hey, I'm taking up a collection there is a vibrator I want but its $100. If anyone would like to donate please PM me LOL
    test
  5. mr.rip

mr.rip New Member

my wife is looking into selling toys now and having more toy parties lol you should of seen all the women that came over friday night lol i was like damn you would of thought dick was going out of style lol
    test
  6. Hidden_Poetry

Hidden_Poetry New Member

I enjoy the old school stuff from the 90's of hip hop. Some new stuff too. But I'm more for the older stuff. Mostly lately I've been just listening to whatever the radio plays because I can't download shit on this laptop and I don't have a car to burn cd's for LOL so I'm stuck listening to whatever is on the radio cuz I need music playing when I'm online, not sure why? lol My ipod tho is filled with a mix as well. Always got that sucker on me too.
    test
  7. sweet_I

sweet_I New Member

Too bad your so far away Id be a good customer :)
    test
  8. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

MC Shan, Craig G., Shante, Marley Marl... wasn't Kane, Ace and G. Rap part of the Juice Crew, as well?

Shante is a doctor now... I dig that, because people think hip hop is full of ignorant thugs and gangsters.
    test
  9. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Who are your favorite rap artists, Nani?
    test
  10. Hidden_Poetry

Hidden_Poetry New Member

Favourites? Hmmm, I loved NWA back in the day. One of the first albums I had. Then I gotta say I've always loved Snoop. New and Old ;o)

I'm also into R&B! New and old, could never get sick of either.
    test
  11. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

^haha... I knew you were a Snoop fan... I was gonna say Nelly, because he's the cliche choice for girls.... guys like Nelly and LL have predominantly female fanbases.

I prefer older R&B over the newer stuff.
    test
  12. Hidden_Poetry

Hidden_Poetry New Member

Nah I'm not a Nelly fan haha. I liked some of his stuff, but I just can't like the man. I dunno why? But Snoop has ALWAYS been a favourite ;o) Something about that man haha. I was also into Salt N Pepa, TLC, En vogue, and there was another girl group...shit. Can't remember the name, it's on the end of my tongue but I can't even think of it? lol.

Speaking of old school, Fugees "Killing me Softly" just came on the radio. Loved them too. That album anyway.

I do like the older R&B more, but do like the new as well. Boys II Men gotta be my favourite there.
    test
  13. samii so sexii

samii so sexii ..sunkist siren..

80's is totally in right now. name belts. four finger rings. leg warmers. leggings. tunics. bright neon colors. bamboo earrings. tons of accessories. volumized hair. vans. all 80s. all trends that are in full effect.

i swear to God i love fashion.

i love hip hop (and rap for all the sticklers with the genre). everything from west coast, to NY, to south, to hyphy, to poppy rap, to underground, to commercial radio shit. i love it all. i'm a music fan, period. i listen to everything. rock (acid, pop, metal, and alternative), r&b, just started appreciating country, and i just JUST started getting into house/club mixes. but rap is the primary of course.
    test
  14. mr.rip

mr.rip New Member

haha yeah i had the red and black pumas
    test
  15. mr.rip

mr.rip New Member

true whats old is now new again
    test
  16. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Damn, reading your post makes me want to snack on some pop rocks, watch ET, and go rollerskating.
    test
  17. sweet_I

sweet_I New Member

Yep, thats how out of the loop I am. I guess it doesn't help that I live in the GA anus. [dunno] Had no idea the 80s were back. Of course, people around here nevr left the 70s. Some are still in the 20s.

LOL at pop rocks. I got a few packets from a party store when we were shopping for the 9year old's birthday party. They didn't taste the same tho. I don't know if it was me or the candy that changed.
    test
  18. mr.rip

mr.rip New Member

H.D.W.T. lol
    test
  19. MiSt_Of_CoNfUsIoN

MiSt_Of_CoNfUsIoN Ray of Sunshine

A guy I was dating was a member and told me to check it out.. oddly enough this is also where I met another guy I dated. lol. Don't worry the guy I'm seeing now I met offline. haha
    test
  20. mr.rip

mr.rip New Member

who did you date from here?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.