What Made You Get Into Lifting Weights/Bodybuilding?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by GammoN, Jan 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GammoN

GammoN Sole Survivor of the DOJO

What made me get into it was martial arts..it's pretty hard to maintain good movement and strength if you don't have a good body to work with..

Drop your responses..
    test
  2. p. haze

p. haze slap boxed with jesus

PE class at the end of 9th grade. However, I was never consistant with it until the end of 11th and now I'm infatuated with it... kinda.
    test
  3. Snikka

Snikka Vision Action Execution

I've always played sports, so I've always been semi-athletic.

I started actual weight training senior year in high school.

When I got out of HS (I graduated in 2000), I partied like none other and that took a toll on my body, I had spurts of training and exercise here and there over the next few years. at one point I even owned a full olympic bench and leg setup at my house. but I never got serious.

Last year in February 05' I got serious and finally got into a routine and good training.. After summer I finally took every aspect of my life into consideration. Diet, Sleep, stress, training, supplementation.

At this point I live the bodybuilding lifestyle and it's probably the best thing I ever did for myself.
    test
  4. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

And you got rid of it?? I'm crying on the inside.

Anyway I got into it because after HS I got really tall and thinned out, got tired of hearing about how thin I was. So I got into it for increased confidence, health aspects of good nutrition and a better body, strength, and the looks from women when I take my shirt off.
    test
  5. doubl3

doubl3 aka AyHay

lmao @ i'm crying on the inside ...but yea, some girl said i was cute but skinny ........smh, so yea, that basically made me do it, and oh, plus to build strength ..started about a year ago ..and oh baby, it feels so good to work out and see the results ..
    test
  6. Ice Fluid

Ice Fluid Flow with the Fluid.

Women, wrestling.
    test
  7. INKonspikuouz

INKonspikuouz An sclábhaí na Éirinn

i was boxing since and wanted to move up a division and also impress the women. i've always been kinda physically developed and trained with weights when i played gaelic football and hurling.

my uncle was like my starting point. for once christmas he bought me weight gloves, support belt, videos, magazines, etc... cause i had talked about getting into it with him as he's a bodybuilder. so i had the tools to begin and i did just that.
    test
  8. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

test
  9. Conceited One

Conceited One Please Say The Baby

Always been a bit overweight...finally decided to get my body in check...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.