What kind of CD Recorder or ext. soundcard should I get

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by R-Tistic, Sep 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

My setup is nearly complete...the only thing I need now is something that will let me record the songs I do. I am using a Roland VS-880, basically for the multitrack function, and I got the Motif sounds and Computer sounds goin into there. I don't know if I should buy a CD Recorder like the Philips ones that are made for home audio recording and not for computer use, or if I should just buy a soundcard that's good enough for me to record my music into the computer in order to burn it.

Which one would probably be cheaper? I hear of soundcards costin 100-120 for good ones, but I have heard many people say that the quality is never 100% like it should be. On Ebay, the philips recorder prices go anywhere from 80-200, depending on your luck most of the time. At home, I had the VS-1680 and the CD Recorder that was made for that machine, but that same type of burner doesn't work for the 880 (which is a piece of shit anyway). So if anybody could advise me on which one to get, or even if they have something for sale, let me know what it is.
    test
  2. F Major

F Major Anti Gear Lust

Unless you hate computer my friend, you need to get with the times and use a computer based DAW for real. I used to use a 1680 as well, but once I really figured out how to connect my equipment in a suitable manner for beat making and recording, I would never go back to the 1680. Try getting a multichannel soundcard ie Echo Layla, M-audio FW1814, The tascam 1804, or something on that level. Unless your issue is portability if thats your case though, an 8 track definitely aint hardly enough to track a beat most of the time regardless. Quality wise, unless you looking for some analog warmth, you are definitely looking at better quality with a new soundcard (24/96 capable) than with an old VS system. Just an idea
    test
  3. DJ NoNseNse

DJ NoNseNse Nonsense Productions

Get a soundcard and record on the computer or get a multitrack recorder. I had a cd recorder and sold it and started using pro tools.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.