What kind if music yall party too?

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Vulgar, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

Excuse my assumption yall have social lives. And have contact with the opposite gender in advance. But seriously at a party/get together/club what do you wanna hear? I picture yall being in a rm fulla other men bumping Cannibal Ox

Cigar Life on Tapatalk 2
    test
  2. Blackbeard

Blackbeard The Poster Formerly Known as Murder Ink

haha I don't party honestly, I'm not big on big social events, I like one on one shit or a small group better. When I'm trying to get pumped up though I throw on Schoolboy Q, A$ap, Tech N9ne, some JMT, Danny Brown, Flatbush, Lil Wayne..

pretty much shit where the rapper is spitting with a lot of energy
    test
  3. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

test
  4. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I don't DJ... but if I did, I would mix it up... that's how cats did in the '90s... there was always a commercial "hot" segment... an opening underground segment... a reggae/dancehall segment... an old school segement... a southern bass music, slow R&B, etc... nowadays, parties are all one tempo... one kind of music... no variety, no mixing skills, etc.

The clubs mimic the radio... it's crazy...
    test
  5. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

Those are corny ass DJs. I know plenty spots that mix shit up

Cigar Life on Tapatalk 2
    test
  6. Im Technical

Im Technical I got 30 pages of rhymes

If im out to hip hop i wanna hear some hard anthems like mop's stuff and simon says by pharaoh, dre or biggie is always nice to hear out because everyone goes mad. Premo beats are always dope to hear in a club. No corny bullshit though, i dont want to hear pump it up or the motto, that faggot shit kills my vibe.

If its not hip hop then its got to be house, drum and bass, 80s stuff or occasionally 50s jazz. Theres much better vibes at more underground stuff, less trouble and people actually know the music.
    test
  7. Geedorah

Geedorah King

House, dance and techno.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  8. ThatsNotMyName

ThatsNotMyName The Conquering Lion

I let my dudes and dudettes bump what they want. Mostly top 40 shit. Sometimes old shit they like to reminisce, like that old reggaeton, bachata shit. It's a hassle man, I would like to be with my dudes just listening to J Dilla or Blu while smoking and drinking just chilling, but they don't feel that.
    test
  9. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

LOL

Cigar Life on Tapatalk 2
    test
  10. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Don't listen to rap when going out (unless it's a specific artist doing a show over here)...but since it's the summer - this is the type of music being played..

test
  11. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

If I'm at a party or a club, all I wanna hear is music that gets women dancing and shaking their ass. I could give a fuck if Big L or Nas is playing at this point. I cant stand trap shit, but living in the south, its all youre gonna hear.

and I love the fast shit like baby got back, but it aint nothin like a track like Grind On Me or Lovers and Friends to get the females in the mood. Slow shit>>>>>>>>
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  12. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I can't recall the last time I heard slow shit at a club or a party, unless I go to a bar on old soul night... that used to be the shit when I was growing up... house parties and slow dancing equals "knockin' boots"... ha ha... some early '90s slang for you youngstas.
    test
  13. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

This nigga was fuckin hoes to H-Town. When they were hot

Cigar Life on Tapatalk 2
    test
  14. DJboutit

DJboutit Well-Known Member

Pre 2002 rap hiphop r&b and some electronica
    test
  15. L u c y

L u c y (Administrator) SWERVE

test
  16. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

I'm all about the underground when I'm listening on my iPod....but when I'm in the club out my skull, I need that ignit shit.
    test
  17. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

This thread has been up going on two weeks. With 16 replys and like 5 are mine. A thread about partying and socializing being dead in the water. Speaks volumes on you niggas LOL. Cause a topic on Canibus will be 3 pages in 2 days.

Cigar Life on Tapatalk 2 FREE NOODLES!!!!
    test
  18. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

Cuz there really isn't shit to say about party music....as long as the bass is bumpin and the bitches is movin, it's a wrap. The end.
    test
  19. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

Right

Cigar Life on Tapatalk 2 FREE NOODLES!!!!
    test
  20. antilluminati

antilluminati Well-Known Member

Wanna hear Drum n 'Bass, if not then Trapstyle, or old school hip-hop, or hip-hop in general, or soulful house, or reggae/dancehall, or grime/2step, or 80s hits. As long as it's not pop, commercial shit or most kinds of rock music I'm usually fine.. And I hate dubstep that's made after dubstep became commercial i.e. Skrillex or similar. Good old Dubstep is fine.
    test