What Karate Should Look Like

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Crates, Mar 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crates

Crates Well-Known Member

Check this guy out.

SHOTOKAN - Elwyn Hall Looks Back

[youtube]E5faGD5b6Zw[/youtube]
    test
  2. Crates

Crates Well-Known Member

Why don't more mma fighters use those leg sweeps? They look like easy takedowns.
    test
  3. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

That's one of the reasons I enjoy watching Cung Le. His kick catches are hilarious.

They're definitely underused, imo. A lot of MMA guys over commit and leave their balance begging for something like that. It'd be a great tool for frustrating your opponent at the very least. Shamrock was getting pissed in I think it was the third round of the le fight.
    test
  4. Unknown333

Unknown333 New Member

lyoto is a fine example of true karate.

he WILL beat rashad.

just wait =P
    test
  5. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

I think it'll be a toughy for lyoto simply because rashad doesn't chase.
    test
  6. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

the average person in karate cant beat up shit, the reason is because 90% of martial arts schools cater to people too much and make them think they are good when they'd never be able to effectively use their martial arts in a real street fight.

but Karate has some great techniques once youve reached the higher belt levels such as black. They start to teach you the softer techniques, which are generally more effective than the hard techniques.

In old ancient times, the average army soldier was taught basic karate/martial arts. Only royalty and high ranked officers and generals were taught the 'good' techniques...the reason being is that you wouldnt want some dipshit soldier to be able to defeat one of your generals, this was a way of keeping authority. Its a fact. This is one reason things like your average Karate and Tae kwon do school seem weak....There are a few good schools out there....but 90% in any given city suck when it comes to teaching real street fight defense and offense.

anyways heres a cat named Ehsan Shafiq

[youtube]DrhfsGBRGhI[/youtube]
    test
  7. Big K

Big K U Wanna Battle?

This is what karate practitioners look like when they're not training a few hours a week under some fat guy at a strip mall.

They LOOK easy. Sure, they don't require much strength, but they're ridiculously hard to time and require lightning reflexes.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.