What is YOUR workout method? Chest/Triceps & Biceps/Back or ...

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Nu'maaN, Oct 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

i've heard different methods from different people. i wanna know what is the best. i started off with the chest/tricpes and biceps/back (and shoulders) because the dude told me that while you working out your chest, you work tri's, and while doing back, you do bi's (no homo) ...

but now, i changed it to ...

day 1 - chest.
    day 2 - arms (tri/bi).
    day 3 - shoulder/back.
    day 4 - rest.
    day 5 - repeat from day 1.

what's your workout method? and am i doing anything wrong here? ...

[turn] ...
    test
  2. mr.mdz

mr.mdz Never Lie

......... where the fuck are your legs? that's a big thing you're doing wrong.
    test
  3. Graphx

Graphx Word? Word!

Monday - Chest
    Tuesday - Legs
    Wednesday - Back
    Thursday - Shoulders
    Friday - Arms

Thats my new shit I've been doin for a couple weeks. Don't try that shit with a heavy weight/low rep scheme though.
    test
  4. absolute zero

absolute zero Among the living

i've been doing compound exercises for about 3 weeks now.

focusing on....

mon/thurs - chest triceps shoulders
    tues/fri - biceps back legs
    test
  5. XxLiLBuRnAxX

XxLiLBuRnAxX Prolly smarter than you

I do a full body workout 3 days a week. But im bulking and not really sculpting so my ambitions are a bit different than alotta peoples right now.
    test
  6. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

i need to put on alot of mass. right now it's just toning, but it doesn't make me look any bigger. so you reckon legs is vital to put on mass? ...

[turn] ...
    test
  7. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

lol. Yes. Absolutely. Without a doubt. Squats + deadlifts = mass makers.
    test
  8. XxLiLBuRnAxX

And youll notice that if youve never done squats or deadlifts that they are the two most exhausting workouts that you can do. As hard as you think you are lifting now....youll see how it really feels to be worn out after squatting to failure.

And after doing deadlifts your entire body will be pissed off at you...you wont even feel the need to do any other workouts because everything gets sore from simply doing those lol but keep going and incorporating deadlifts, squats, and bench and youll see the size come on.
    test
  9. mr.mdz

mr.mdz Never Lie

yeah squats are the most fulfilling but hated exercise in the world.
    make sure you're doing that shit with a spotter though since it's those extra reps each time that are helping and you really need someone to do those.
    test
  10. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

i just chest, back, off, arms, legs, off, abs/calfs/shoulders, repeat

im focusing on getting between 6-8 reps. and just working to failure on the last set or just go all out to failure on my last exercises in total.

i really need to bring up my squat so tomorrow i plan on doing box squats again in the moderate rep range then doing a 20 rep leg press and finishing off with leg exts. of course ill do my hams too.
    test
  11. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

cheers. looks like i gotta add 'legs' to my workout plan from now. it isn't a good idea to do them on a friday and then go out busting moves in the club on a saturday, right? ...

[turn] ...
    test
  12. LiveFromThe781

ive done it.
    test
  13. XxLiLBuRnAxX

Ive done it too but I had forgot a few times that my legs felt like jello and i got drunk and my legs and the rest of my body didnt cooperate....that led to some embarrassing moments in the club lol.
    test
  14. supacilious

supacilious master of ceremonies

i do..

legs/abs,chest/arms,back,shoulders/abs...thats my new split now...heavy compound movements...i do 3-4 exercises...reps and sets vary...i just do what works for me...
    test
  15. -GZ-

-GZ- Posts Unfunny Pics

legs
    bis/back
    tris/chest
    shoulders/abs

I just cycle through that, add some cardio when I feel like it
    test
  16. Noib Da Mutt

Noib Da Mutt New Member

I usually work everything when I hit the gym, but that's because I train for functional strength, not appearance... Typically it is good to work opposing muscles together, so, for example you'd work chest and back together....

I usually do some form of a circuit though, so, you could do something like first circuit bench press, lat pull down, elevated situps, calf raises- do 3 sets trying to take no breaks...

second circuit- squats, shoulder raises, leg raises, cable pull

last circuit- pullups, dips, hyperextensions, ab exercise of choice...

do that in as close to 30 minutes as possible, you'll be in good shape, although you'll feel dead...

A good workout doesn't need to take hours... Your body responds better to producing hgh and testosterone after short intense workout sessions... This is why endurance athletes are never particularly physically impressive...
    test
  17. LiveFromThe781

if you ever said "functional strength" to my face, id beat the shit out of you.
    test
  18. Noib Da Mutt

Noib Da Mutt New Member

when I ejaculate I scream that shit at the top of my lungs... There's a reason a lot of big dudes that bench 300 plus can't do a pullup or hold their arms straight...
    test
  19. LiveFromThe781

really? maybe thats because they arent really benching 300 or theyre fat.

im more functional from lifting heavy weights explosively than id ever be from kettleball jumping jacks.
    test
  20. Noib Da Mutt

Noib Da Mutt New Member

I think you misunderstand me, lifting heavy isn't bad at all, I do it too... As far as functionality between workouts, it depends on your sport... Besides the essential compound exercises (squat, deadlift, bench press), I would say that everything else is completely interchangeable... What is your sport?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.