What is your stance on abortion?

Discussion in 'The Alley' started by Maca., May 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I never said sperm or embryos aren't life... they're not complete human beings like fetuses... it has been proven that a 1 month old fetus can survive outside of the womb.
    test
  2. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

Show me that 1 month old fetus.
    test
  3. Riz

Riz Well-Known Member

Show me a newborn baby that could survive outside the womb by itself.
    test
  4. I thought about asking him this then I lawled
    test
  5. Langford

Langford New Member

I thought about it too, but he did say "survive outside another human being's anatomy."

Not "by itself."

Not that I agree with the sentence, just sayin'.

He's just overstating again. I learned in the game forum that that's what he's all about.
    test
  6. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

Exactly. And I worded it like that for that very reason. There's always a few dipshits that ask that dumb question.

An infant can breathe by itself. Even a fetus at a certain point can. But a little blob thats a mere few months old??

Not technically living. Its still too soon in to development just as the sperm is.
    test
  7. Riz

Riz Well-Known Member

Of course you worded it that way on purpose, and it's still wrong. A newborn baby can't survive outside another human being's anatomy. How else do they get food? Bottle feeding is "unnatural" and therefore doesn't count, right?

You are, essentially, a byproduct of your central nervous system... which begins forming about 2 weeks after conception. That little blob is a million times more complex than a sperm cell and a million times nearer to being a person.
    test
  8. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

...again, nobody said it could survive without food.

But IT CAN SURVIVE WITHOUT LIVING OFF ANOTHER PERSONS HEARTBEAT, OXYGEN, ETC.

how hard is this shit to understand?

That blob might be 2 million x's closer to being a human than a sperm. It's still irrelevant. It's still not close to being a living human being.

Half of them are lost by way of miscarriage anyway. Again, naturally.
    test
  9. Riz

Riz Well-Known Member

You're changing the definitions with each post. Originally it was:

"You aren't a human being until you can survive outside another human being's anatomy"

Well, a newborn baby can't survive outside of another person's anatomy. So you changed it to having to be supported by someone else's heartbeat and oxygen. (You can't breathe if you don't have energy from eating.)

Originally it was: "a little blob of nothing is not a human being."

Well, it's not a little blob of nothing. Now that's irrelevant, because apparently it's not close to being a human, even though I've just told you it's already begun developing the thing that is -central- to being a person.

I'm gonna take Langly's advice and leave it there. I can't make up my own mind on the issue, let alone someone else's... and especially not your's. But know that your argument makes no sense at all.
    test
  10. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

I never said SURVIVE. I said live.

You guys are the ones that used that 'survival' excuse shit. Fuck, nobody can survive without someone providing them food... but they can still live.

And my argument makes perfect sense without you trying your best to manipulate it to whatever suits your argument.
    test
  11. JohnnyDangerous

JohnnyDangerous New Member

[funny], same old Rippy.

You did say survive.
    test
  12. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

okay, you've mentioned this many times, but it still isn't a good argument.

Just because she CAN do it and just because no one can really STOP HER from doing it doesn't mean there cannot be laws against it.

No one can stop me from walking outside naked. No one can stop me from setting my apartment on fire. No one can stop me from smoking weed.

Does that mean there shouldn't be laws against doing such things? NO.

what if cocaine was legalized because the government decided that "hell, we cant really stop you because at the end of the day, you do what you want to do"
    test
  13. Amoral Empath

Amoral Empath New Member

Those of you who have not taken my sense of humor seriously and found my strange approach to philosophy appealing, I cordially invite you to my new MySpace profile so that I may discuss my ideas with you.

I look forward to Teq, Brit, McGirth, X-Cali, Radium, Dex, (and maybe Azeus if you are lurking) the rest of C-Unit, GZ, and the many others who have successfully figured out how to play as my Devil's Advocate in a constructive way.

This is not a IP harvest. I am asking the few minds on this shitfuck of a site that I respect to assist me in a tremendous project that you have had a hand in contributing to.

This site has temporarily achieved a poor cost-benefit ratio thanks to the recent promotion of BlackSoultan to Super Mod Status, (kid in a candy store syndrome) so I ask that those who are actually interested in the intellectual discussions on social justice that Hip-Hop abandoned so long ago to help me further in this project.

http://www.myspace.com/amoralempath
    test
  14. Langford

Langford New Member

last sentence in the third paragraph should say "perspective" instead of "perceptive."

I'll be your proofreader for a minimal fee.
    test
  15. I always wondered what you meant by a technical writer; so its a secretary
    test
  16. Amoral Empath

Amoral Empath New Member

You win one invitation :d

*grumble* damn firefox autospell *grumble*
    test
  17. Amoral Empath

Amoral Empath New Member

"You are told that the Catholic Church in Europe was philosophically offset by a period of time you call the Enlightenment. Humans are told these myths that great heroes, passionate battles, or noble protests are the core of social justice because this is the easiest way to propagate a ideal moral axiom. It would be too complicated to explain how the Church's monopoly on the printing press for their holy documents single-handedly spelled out their own end. By streamlining the technology and creating press technicians, this lowered the price of the technology, which in turn laid the foundation for cheap, but effective, information war against the Church. You remember the Enlightenment. You do not remember how you got there."
    test
  18. Langford

Langford New Member

No.

How did you come to that conclusion?

I'll be reading the blogs, Ghet. "A Simple Question" sounds interesting so far.
    test
  19. test
  20. Amoral Empath

Amoral Empath New Member

The difference between a lawyer and a politician is the lawyer is on record.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.