What is your stance on abortion?

Discussion in 'The Alley' started by Maca., May 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Short2003

Short2003 AbsoluteHotness

But do you see what I am saying tho?.. A man can't force a woman to have a baby.. She doesn't even have to tell him that she is pregnant, say she's going shopping for the day, get an abortion and come home within a few hours like nothing.. They even have a pill where you can abort a baby in the comfort of your own home... (I know, like WTF?!?!?) That's why Im saying, in the end it doesn't really matter.. Not saying it's right but it's reality.. Unless the man keeps the woman tied up in the basement till she's like 5 months pregnant..
    test
  2. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

And short, I'm not upset at you, so please don't mistake my tone...

That's an argument that the feminists and abortion rights activists have been using since Day 1 and it's flawed... it's based on an inaccurate claim.

I like to deal with facts, not lies or half truths.
    test
  3. Maca.

Maca. Cachorro Louco

eh, I'll take your word for it, ha. I prefer to only skim posts not directed at me.

You're doing the same thing you claim to be against by disliking the masturbation argument. You're choosing the scales on which life is important.
    test
  4. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

See, I think that's wrong... don't they have partner notification laws with AIDS cases?

That's the way it should be with pregnancy.

All women should be required to notify their mates of their impending child. Then appropriate action can be decided together.

I refuse to accept the notion that it's just her body, because it's not.

If science can prove otherwise, then I'll shut my mouth and retract everything I've stated.
    test
  5. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

A cell is a living organism, yes... but it's not a complete human like a fetus is.

Insects, bacteria, dogs, mice, lions, etc. are all complete living animals.

Yes, I do think the house is more important and has more value than one brick.

You can destroy bricks all you want... but don't destroy my house.
    test
  6. Short2003

Of course I know it's impossible for it to be her child only..I think a man should be able to voice his opinion about it but like I already said, it is the woman who has to do everything and she is going to do what she wants so in the end it's her decision.. Now wouldn't it be nice if we could somehow make the men birth the babies so the get the full experience..
    test
  7. RockinMoroccan

RockinMoroccan pakistans jackie chan

it is forcing her if she was raped

u r ignorant
    test
  8. Short2003

It's all good.. Everyone has different opinions and likes to voice them.. As long as you aren't name calling or things of that nature (which I know YOU wouldn't) then it's all good.. We just disagree, no hard/hurt feelings at all..
    test
  9. Mac Dekan

Mac Dekan High Chief

still, the best option is good judgment before sex.
    test
  10. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

you can't...

i liked the whole concept of this "ignorant" approach when you first made the switch to this name, but i always thought you took it too far

the quote above is another instance...

the two situations you are comparing are fundamentally different, but i'm not going to bother explaining how

every birth is a gamble...

the would-be parents have that dice in their hand that they either decide to roll or place back in their pocket

the government would be rolling the dice by forcefully taking and shaking it out

i guess the hand could simply clinch its fist tighter though (ie. an illegal, underground abortion)

a cheap metaphor i know, but i don't see why you couldn't understand it

good... i'm glad you get it

i'm against abortions in the third trimester, btw

if you kick a woman who isn't pregnant in the stomach, you are charged with a crime... what is your point? kidding, i get your point, but still...

back in the third grade, little susie told me she wanted to go to the doctor to get her mole removed. i guess i should have taken it upon myself to get my scissors out and cut it off for her right there in the classroom.

if it was a pre-third tremester fetus with no viability independent of the womb, it was a part of her body

this reminds me of a discussion i had with nimrod a long long time ago about this... he was telling me that rather than abortions if the woman no longer wanted to carry the fetus, the fetus should be removed and housed/nourished within a synthetic womb-like incubator

[funny], all of this is giving far too much social power to the state... letting them have the last say over your reproductive decisions, more prison space being built for newly defined criminals, more unwanted kids being funneled through the foster system, etc. etc.

it's ridiculous

let the woman have her say within that contained dilemma and be done with it
    test
  11. Mac Dekan

Mac Dekan High Chief

v = abort Brahmadeus
    test
  12. DannyC

DannyC Stay golden, pony boy.

lotta shit in this thread.

god gave us free will for a reason.

if abortion were aginst his/her plan, it wouldnt be possible.
    test
  13. pro-choice but within reason.

ignorant and his over-amping obtuse bombasticated ass
    test
  14. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

Lmao @ people saying "sperm isnt life".... "embryos arent life"...

but a fucking blob of conjugated cells IS????

I'm sorry but a little blob of nothing is not a human being.

You aren't a human being until you can survive outside another human being's anatomy. Til then, you're a bacteria. You're a parasite.... you're not a human.

close it.
    test
  15. mr madness

mr madness Silly Bitch Say Whaaaaaat

Is this thread too serious to say my stance is usually leaning on a wall in the front room with $250 in my hand and a smile on my face??

Bad taste???
    test
  16. DannyC

DannyC Stay golden, pony boy.

i had two abortions this week already.

once by accident.
    test
  17. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I'll allow the rape excuse, but only before the third trimester.

Enough with the 12-year-old ad hominem attack... this was a civil discussion until you decided to play the name-calling game... at least, be original... check my join date... guess what? You are not to first to call me that... you think you discovered gold or are planting a flag somewhere? -smh-
    test
  18. Maca.

Maca. Cachorro Louco

I was hoping for a "I have a horse stance on abortion" or some shit.
    test
  19. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I just did... I never said it was great logic... bad logic is very malleable and adaptable to any situation... it's very essence of being bad makes it so.

They're the same... neither works... it's just that you like yours better than mine.

The premise is about convenience... life isn't always convenient... roll with the punches like T-mac in his 1st round prison.

I still don't understand... the government doesn't force people to have sex...

You and abortion supporters act like pregnancy is a disease and that the government is irresponsible for not helping people get rid of that disease.

A baby might as well be a mole or a wart.

If she asked you to, go right ahead.

Like a wart or a mole.

I see.

Funny, I never saw a wart or mole grow into an independent human being, though.

Nimrod is actually a smart dude... I didn't like his reasoning for saying Biggie wasn't a technical rapper, but he's intelligent... womb-like incubator? Hey, if fetuses can't be protected, then why should children?

What??

Slippery slope reasoning is so fallacious.

Let's deal with facts, not suppositions.

The ultimate power we give to the state is that of establishing order and protection. Outlawing abortion would be protecting the innocent and defenseless. It's the state's moral obligation.

The state isn't in your bedroom when you decide to have sex.

You should deal with the consequences of your actions, not abort them.

That's a sexist viewpoint.

What about the fathers?
    What about the fetus?
    test
  20. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Murder is against God's plan, but it's possible.

Stealing, adultery, lying etc., etc... you see where I'm going with this?

So why did you make that statement?

You sound like those christians who try to use the word to defend racism and segregation.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.