What is your 'poetic inspiration'?

Discussion in 'Writer's Block' started by BMM, Sep 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BMM

BMM Active Member

is it a someone, is it a something, or does it just happen for ya'll?

for me, it's usually an occurance in my life that happened based on someone. i feel that my inspiration comes from my surroundings & me just piecing my emotions in it. but, that's me. what about the rest of you? i'm curious, cause i see a lot of poetics out there really gettin my attention. was just wondering how you get your juices flowing? what is your muse, if you will?

END TRANSMISSION.
    test
  2. Killa Ninjette

Killa Ninjette Juggalette 4 Lyfe

basically someone i love, the music i listen to what im feelin at that time, and what my life was like when i was younger.. Doesnt take much.
    test
  3. illpoetical

illpoetical raising the bar everyday

my life and my girl mostly
    test
  4. lpoet

lpoet POET

i dont know...good question..ima think about this
    test
  5. Mind~$oul

Mind~$oul I'm Pretty

test
  6. *Princess*

*Princess* skantless bitch

i seem to only be able to write when im really pissed off or depressed...like if i get in a fight with my boyfriend after we fight all these thoughts start goin through me head, and in stead of keepin them in there i write them out so ya, i guess you can say my inspiration comes from people who piss me off or make me sad...
    test
  7. BMM

BMM Active Member

haha, word PRINCESS. been down that road many moons. when my ex & I split, i had a lot to say about her in script. mainly frustration about what she did to me & how i wanted her to feel my pain all summed up, so i know what you're saying. thanks for the feedback uglies, good to know people each of us care about, not to mention piss us off have something behind our "madness"

END TRANSMISSION.
    test
  8. tk2oo3

tk2oo3 New Member

depends on what you call inspiration i am developing skill in portraying emotion when its not really there its like stating facts of my life to me cuz i dont feel over it but someone else does.. i think its key to take that real emotion and express it but then do it wit no emotion an try to imitate that so you would end up needin only a little emotion to get the same result, that way when you take the full emotion you can blow peoples minds.. an keep doin that an youll be amazed at what you can do.. um real inspiration though? my inspiration is drawn from paths my life can take.. my struggles.. my past.. a small bit of need for love thrown in here & there.. like sometimes a certain song will definitely put me in a certain mood like a really hard song can get me hyped up n shit.. thats rare ive only had that happen a couple times though when i write poetry im almost always listenin to music.. any sort of emotion is basically grounds for inspiration..
    test
  9. Xero Satsujin

Xero Satsujin OnLy gOd kNoWs oR Goes

Time

It is the only thing that affects everything...so I use it as a loop hole in existence where I find my escape, that and my Goddess...Divine Inspiration is the best...
    test
  10. Den-S

Den-S .:.The Chosen One.:.

yeah most of my writing is spur of the moment...if a thought or idea pops into my head, I'll just write until I cant come up wit anything...also music affects me as inspiration...
    test
  11. ^_Bi-Curious_^

^_Bi-Curious_^ LeSBiaN CHiCK

everything in general
    test
  12. ClydeSmiley

ClydeSmiley educate yourself

My girl inspires me more than anything. Usually it's positive, sometimes it's negative, but it's always felt strong. Even when she hasn't done anything.

Every time I read an article on corruption I get in the mood to write all nasty-like about it. Corporate, political, social corruption, it all digs at me and makes me want to change it in my way, and the only way I have right now is through writing. So I write.
    test
  13. Downed Shadow

Downed Shadow New Member

deep topic.. im inspired by the assumption of pain that builds up until it has to come out in wording.
    test
  14. Dark_Angel

Dark_Angel Dark_Angel

music, love, life and personal experiences
    test
  15. misspimp

misspimp a.k.a KATURAH

Good question!! It depends on whats goin on in my life...how i feel about life...how late at night it is...my inspiration comes from alot of different things...sometimes it can come from a show that i watch on t.v...like this one poem i wrote called pimping is still alive...i got that idea from the hookers point documentary that comes on hbo...sometimes i get ideas from other poets...or just cause im mad or sad...or just cause a nice line pops in my head...and i jump up and work from there on...

mad love
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.